Graph of c=2πr

Clanscorpia

So I just made a graph of c=2 π r for practice and to check I did it in wolfram alpha but it showed the graph continued into the negatives. How can this work if its the circumference of a circle? Or is it just Wolfram Alpha not recognizing the forumla and my graph starting at [6.28, 1] correct

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

C=2 pi r is just a line with slope of 6.28.

Are you trying to graph a circle?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Sorry, no. 2(Pi)r is the circumference of the circle. To wolfram (or any other graphing program) it's a simple line relating c with r since 2 and Pi are constants. The graphing program doesn't know what artificial limits you put on that value (aka the circumference is generally not negative.) 

The only thing graphing that tells you is that there is a linear relationship between the circumference of a circle and the diameter of the same circle (2r is the diameter.) 

I think wolfram alpha is considering the equation like a y = 2πx, where 2π is the angular coefficient of the line

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

You're just working out how long the circumference is for each value of r, if r is negative the formula will give a negative. To make it more realistic (a circumference can't be negative) you must use the absolute value: c=|2πr|

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, paps511 said:

No I know how to do it. just x^2+y^2=z. I m just wondering why it gave the result it did

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, paps511 said:

I think the OP is confused because it gives negative values, and circumferences are not really ever reported as negative.