[Dell US] 24" UltraSharp IPS Dual Monitors + Stand + Cables $153

Dealzon
On 22/11/2016 at 3:51 PM, Dealzon said:

monitor is pretty old and refresh rate is.. 8ms we think?

either way this isnt posted as a gaming related deal heh - its just a very good deal.

that 8ms means bugger all when it comes to anything anyway.

an actual review. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

4 hours ago, Sypran said:

Sorry to correct you both on this, but its not the U2412H its the U2414M.
Its 1920x1200, not 1080p :P. And these were some damn fine monitors back in the day. I remember wanting them so badly back in 2012, but they cost like $300 each.

I'd personally say only 2 things hold back these monitors:
1) No HDMI - Deal breaker to some, but honestly, what Mid tier and higher GPU hasn't had a Display Port connection in the past 4 years?
2) No Display Port daisy chaining. - That can be problematic to some since a lot of lower-mid tier of cards only have 1 DP connector... So you gonna have to pull out a DVI cable, or a HDMI to DVI cable.

The first part is actually better. 1200p is a higher resolution than 1080p by around 11% in terms of pixel count and doesn't feel so "stretched" in games. It's arguably worse for watching movies though because movies are in 16:9 ratio and there are tiny black bars at the top and the bottom when watching movies in fullscreen. Besides that, 1200p > 1080p, though 1080p is quite a bit cheaper on average.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

It's arguably worse for watching movies though because movies are in 16:9 ratio and there are tiny black bars at the top and the bottom when watching movies in fullscreen.

Yeah I know, I have dual U2415 monitors so. - Some people I know hate black bars, I never really minded them - specially when they are as thin as they are on 16:10 with 16:9 content.
But I'd argue 1200 is better if only cause on things like Youtube, the 'media bar' isn't right on top of the video blocking the bottom part of the screen.
- Side note: The fact that youtube has the media bar right on top of the video even in non-fullscreen mode annoys the hell out of me.

1 minute ago, Sypran said:

Yeah I know, I have dual U2415 monitors so. - Some people I know hate black bars, I never really minded them - specially when they are as thin as they are on 16:10 with 16:9 content.
But I'd argue 1200 is better if only cause on things like Youtube, the 'media bar' isn't right on top of the video blocking the bottom part of the screen.
- Side note: The fact that youtube has the media bar right on top of the video even in non-fullscreen mode annoys the hell out of me.

I'm at 1200p too. It's actually better in games like League of Legends, as they don't scale with resolution, so pretty much the higher the resolution - the more of the map you see on your screen and it's very helpful.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

On 11/22/2016 at 10:51 AM, Dealzon said:

monitor is pretty old and refresh rate is.. 8ms we think?

either way this isnt posted as a gaming related deal heh - its just a very good deal.

that's response time. Yes that means ghosting. Nothing to do with refresh and not much to do with latency. Plus a LOT of people love 1920x1200 fyi, it's hard to find. and this price for 2 monitors AND stand, wow.

OMG OP THANKS I'M PULLING THE TRIGGER ON THIS ONE

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, alexyy said:

the best part- no progress bar over videos on the sights that like to get stuck 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

aaaaand out of stock right as I try to order. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

aaaaand out of stock right as I try to order. 

You should probably read the threads comments :P Turns out this was a "pricing error", and some google searching shows a lot of peoples orders were canceled.

2 hours ago, alexyy said:

well that makes sense, they were like 200+ USD monitors. Got real excited because it almost let me order. 

muh specs 

All parts black