Is there a laptop with this specs under 1800 Euro?

18 hours ago, Pendragon said:

No? Clevo is the enthusiast brand. All the enthusiasts that stuck with Alienware in beginning have moved back to Clevo. Alienware is a mainstream machine now, has none of the features that enthusiast machines need. 

Nope. Do your research. Clevo has a revenue of around 19 billion dollars or so. Dell has 50 billion. Because it's not public we can take a look at it's comparables. Premium gaming machines have never accounted for more than 20% of a companies revenue, with companies such as HP and Lenovo having the majority of their revenue come from their enterprise sectors. Clevo also ONLY makes laptops whereas the Alienware brand is diversified across desktops, all in one, and laptops. Assuming optimistic projections of accounting for the full 20% revenue that's still only 10 billion dollars or so. 

That's your prerogative. LOL. At least Clevo's aren't broken out of the box, all the software issues can be easily fixed with a Prema bios. 

They look professional. A black obelisk with aluminum exterior backed by hard plastic. You don't see people using Alienwares in a professional environment. Whereas you literally see Clevos for professional high work demand like streaming and stuff. You literally see a Clevo in the newest Linus IEM video used by the professionals behind the scenes. 

It's the same reason why you don't wear Yeezy's to work. Sure it's fashionable. But dress shoes are the way to go. 

Holy shit you literally have no world view do you. Alienware's are manufactured in China too. Dell doesn't even make them. A company called Compal does. A fucking Chinese ODM just like Clevo. LOL. Alienware only owns the design.

Alienware laptops are assembled in Mexico, thank you.  I asked a Dell subsidiary myself :)

Clevo's look like horse shit.  That's why schools use Dell laptops and Dell desktops.  Don't you think there's a reason Clevo isn't widely used?  Because they aren't a trusted company.  You can ask any common citizen if they know about Clevo, and I guarantee you they'll say 'Nope'.clevo-x7200-01.png

Yeah, real professional.  Not an ounce of personality in it.  Looks like a knockoff Thinkpad IMO

A few of my local businesses use Alienware laptops.  For example, our local photo company uses Alienware 17s for photo editing and a bank near me uses Alienware desktops.

I'm not saying Alienware is the best, but IMO they are one of the better choices.  Clevo is just 'okay'.

6 hours ago, Dackzy said:

@Pendragon There is no point in talking to that guy, he has no idea of what he is talking about and just keeps letting shit out.

For OP, your budget isn't big enough for a 1070 laptop

Boi you have a Thinkpad

think about that for a second

Just now, lilbman said:

Boi you have a Thinkpad

think about that for a second

yeah I have a thinkpad, do you have a problem with that?

ThinkPads are only seen as the best business laptops..

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

yeah I have a thinkpad, do you have a problem with that?

ThinkPads are only seen as the best business laptops..

I beg to differ they are the best.  I don't want to start a Pendragon style argument with you, but I really honestly prefer the Dell Precision 5000 over any Thinkpad.

3 minutes ago, lilbman said:

SNIP

That is a super old Clevo. This is what a new sager with a 1060 looks like

Spoiler

sager.png

sager2.png

Did you know that Origin PCs uses clevo laptops? Did you know that a Clevo laptop offeres better temps than a AW? Did you know that a Clevo laptop with a 1060 and i7 6700HQ is slimmer and lighter than a AW15r3...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

I beg to differ they are the best.  I don't want to start a Pendragon style argument with you, but I really honestly prefer the Dell Precision 5000 over any Thinkpad.

Precision 5000 is a XPS 15 with a quadro and better QC.

Yeah yeah you would, I care zero about what you think, I cannot even take you serious.

I fix laptops, I have taken apart many laptops and you can clearly see that in a marked that doesn't have national brands first rule (like the US has), ThinkPads dominate.

You see, a feel of a laptop has zero to do with the built of a laptop. ThinkPads, Elitebooks and Precision laptops are pretty much equal right now, but then look at the history and you see that ThinkPads have basically always been in the lead with build quality.

5 hours ago, lilbman said:

Alienware laptops are assembled in Mexico, thank you.  I asked a Dell subsidiary myself

They are literally built by Compal. They may have been assembled in Mexico, the parts and manufacturing are done in Taiwan and China. Just like Clevo. Look at Dell's annual report before they went private.

5 hours ago, lilbman said:

Don't you think there's a reason Clevo isn't widely used?  Because they aren't a trusted company.  You can ask any common citizen if they know about Clevo, and I guarantee you they'll say 'Nope'.

*facepalm only in the United States. And people know Clevo by it's retailers like Sager. It also sells more units than Alienware. Just cause your bubble in wherever you are doesn't know what a Clevo is doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't. Clevo is a widely recognized brand in China and Taiwan. It's known by it's retailers name far more often than Clevo. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

7 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Did you know that Origin PCs uses clevo laptops?

Yeah, I did.  Basically everyone except the mainstream companies(Dell, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Apple, etc.) uses Clevo for theirs.  Origins are just rebranded Clevos.

Did you know that a Clevo laptop offeres better temps than a AW?

I'd like to see proof of this.  I'm not saying they don't, I just want some evidence to back up such a hefty statement.

Did you know that a Clevo laptop with a 1060 and i7 6700HQ is slimmer and lighter than a AW15r3...

They probably are because they use plastic, and as we all know, plastic is much lighter than brushed aluminum and steel.

Slimmer? There's where you're wrong.  The Sager is 1.18", and the Alienware is 1" thick.

dang.PNG

thang.PNG

Precision 5000 is a XPS 15 with a quadro and better QC.

Yeah yeah you would, I care zero about what you think, I cannot even take you serious.

I fix laptops, I have taken apart many laptops and you can clearly see that in a marked that doesn't have national brands first rule (like the US has), ThinkPads dominate.

You see, a feel of a laptop has zero to do with the built of a laptop. ThinkPads, Elitebooks and Precision laptops are pretty much equal right now, but then look at the history and you see that ThinkPads have basically always been in the lead with build quality.

If you don't care what I think, why should I care what you think? Is it because I value your opinion? Respect?

Thinkpads are good laptops, I just like the Precision 5000 better as of now. 

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

They are literally built by Compal. They may have been assembled in Mexico, the parts and manufacturing are done in Taiwan and China. Just like Clevo. Look at Dell's annual report before they went private.

I couldn't find an annual report.  Could you link me to it please?

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

*facepalm only in the United States. And people know Clevo by it's retailers like Sager. It also sells more units than Alienware. Just cause your bubble in wherever you are doesn't know what a Clevo is doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't. Clevo is a widely recognized brand in China and Taiwan. It's known by it's retailers name far more often than Clevo. 

My mistake about the whole Clevo/Sager thing.  I understand that it probably does sell more units than Alienware.  Not everyone can afford an Alienware, and that is okay.

Well no shit it sells more in China.  China holds 20% of the world's population.

There's a reason whenever someone wants a gaming device, they say 'I'm gonna get me an Alienware.'  Why? Because Alienware is widely known, and for good reason! It's a trusted company in the eyes of the public.  It's almost a status symbol owning an Alienware(trust me, I'd know :) )

2 hours ago, lilbman said:

Yeah, I did.  Basically everyone except the mainstream companies(Dell, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Apple, etc.) uses Clevo for theirs.  Origins are just rebranded Clevos.

I'd like to see proof of this.  I'm not saying they don't, I just want some evidence to back up such a hefty statement.

They probably are because they use plastic, and as we all know, plastic is much lighter than brushed aluminum and steel.

Slimmer? There's where you're wrong.  The Sager is 1.18", and the Alienware is 1" thick.

dang.PNG

thang.PNG

1.just go look up a stress test of a stock AW and then stock Clevo. LOL

you can also just look up what temps people are getting when they want to OC the 6820HK. Their thermal headroom is simply just bigger.

2. What is wrong with using plastic? It can be way more durable than aluminum. Or didn't you know that? A feel of a laptop means jack shit when it comes to build quality. Build quality is about how well made each part in the laptop and the shell is made and how well it is put together.

3. Dude you just took a sager that fit your bs thought. A 1060 with a 6700HQ 0.98" 5.5LBs. Yes it is slimmer, yes it is lighter.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8152.html

1.just go look up a stress test of a stock AW and then stock Clevo. LOL

you can also just look up what temps people are getting when they want to OC the 6820HK. Their thermal headroom is simply just bigger.

2. What is wrong with using plastic? It can be way more durable than aluminum. Or didn't you know that? A feel of a laptop means jack shit when it comes to build quality. Build quality is about how well made each part in the laptop and the shell is made and how well it is put together.

3. Dude you just took a sager that fit your bs thought. A 1060 with a 6700HQ 0.98" 5.5LBs. Yes it is slimmer, yes it is lighter.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8152.html

1-Because of how many Clevos there are, we cannot compare apples to apples as they each vary in size and features, whereas the Alienware's of the same size are consistent when it comes to cooling.

2-Plastic feels and looks CHEAP.  It can be way more durable than aluminum-Thinkpads are a great example of that.  I'm pretty sure a steel reinforced keyboard and wrist rest means they put some thought into designing these things.  My laptop feels solid in my hand, and not empty.  I know it has good build quality because they included, like I said before, a fucking steel reinforced keyboard.  There is NO FLEX whatsoever.  Everything on my laptop is high quality; I could have gone with ASUS and gotten a similarly specced one, but build quality was very important to me. That's why I got the Alienware.

3- This is the one I used https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8171-S.html It was the first one I found.  I apologize, that one is thinner, but it probably gets hotter than mine because of thermal headroom and thickness; plus, I probably get waaay better battery life and I have Killer wireless.

34 minutes ago, lilbman said:

1-Because of how many Clevos there are, we cannot compare apples to apples as they each vary in size and features, whereas the Alienware's of the same size are consistent when it comes to cooling.

2-Plastic feels and looks CHEAP.  It can be way more durable than aluminum-Thinkpads are a great example of that.  I'm pretty sure a steel reinforced keyboard and wrist rest means they put some thought into designing these things.  My laptop feels solid in my hand, and not empty.  I know it has good build quality because they included, like I said before, a fucking steel reinforced keyboard.  There is NO FLEX whatsoever.  Everything on my laptop is high quality; I could have gone with ASUS and gotten a similarly specced one, but build quality was very important to me. That's why I got the Alienware.

3- This is the one I used https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8171-S.html It was the first one I found.  I apologize, that one is thinner, but it probably gets hotter than mine because of thermal headroom and thickness; plus, I probably get waaay better battery life and I have Killer wireless.

1. You can simply just look up the one I linked and see the stress test numbers and then see the stress test numbers of a AW15r3

2. Looks are opinnionated. A AW 15r3 looks like the biggest 12 year olds wet dream. I have never said that a AW is poorly built..

3. Killer wireless is not something to brag about, at all. Yes you have better battery life, never said that was wrong, but not waaay better, just better. You looked at a 17inch laptop... It is not fair to compare a 15.6" to a 17.3". A 17.3" should always be cooler, unless they fucked up something. If you like killer so much then you can just pay 15$ and get it on a clevo...

20 hours ago, Dackzy said:

1. You can simply just look up the one I linked and see the stress test numbers and then see the stress test numbers of a AW15r3

2. Looks are opinnionated. A AW 15r3 looks like the biggest 12 year olds wet dream. I have never said that a AW is poorly built..

3. Killer wireless is not something to brag about, at all. Yes you have better battery life, never said that was wrong, but not waaay better, just better. You looked at a 17inch laptop... It is not fair to compare a 15.6" to a 17.3". A 17.3" should always be cooler, unless they fucked up something. If you like killer so much then you can just pay 15$ and get it on a clevo...

1-Looked it up, couldn't find any.

2-Brand preference is also opinionated ;) I didn't know 12 year olds had great taste in looks

3-  Killer Networking is much faster than your standard Intel one AND it comes standard on Alienware 15 R3's(though it's the 1435)

10 hours ago, lilbman said:

1-Looked it up, couldn't find any.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/2015-alienware-13-15-17.1119/

On 11/24/2016 at 1:29 AM, lilbman said:

means they put some thought into designing these things.

You wouldn't notice this but 1/5 of your heatsink is glued on. Does nothing but add weight and aesthetics. Just saying. If you ever decide to look inside your laptop on a deeper level, you'd know they put alot of thought designing the exterior, interior not so much. 

10 hours ago, lilbman said:

3-  Killer Networking is much faster than your standard Intel one AND it comes standard on Alienware 15 R3's(though it's the 1435)

I dont get why this is a point of contention. Anybody can get whatever network card they want?

Laptop Main

10 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

SNIP

Thank you.

I have been busy, with people that needed my help. (idiots that spill shit in their laptops and don't know how to install a ssd..)

I have been busy, with people that needed my help. (idiots that spill shit in their laptops and don't know how to install a ssd..)

No Black Friday deals in Canada ): sitting on ass waiting for my meeting to start. YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING FUNNY. Some Black Friday AW Deals in Canada ARE MORE EXPENSIVE. 

Laptop Main

Just now, Pendragon said:

No Black Friday deals in Canada ): sitting on ass waiting for my meeting to start. YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING FUNNY. Some Black Friday AW Deals in Canada ARE MORE EXPENSIVE. 

yep same here.

Before 4800kr, now 5400kr... The best deals are on useless shit that nobody wants, the rest is just 20-25%, 30% if you are really lucky. I have bought some really expensive optical cables for 10% of their new price... Also the XPS 15 was on sale for 1min and all gone

3 hours ago, Pendragon said:

There's this one that looks interesting, especially if you combine it with the 10% off from email subscriptions: http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-15-laptop/pd?oc=na153_fwk5_h2e&model_id=alienware-15-laptop

44 minutes ago, pimno said:

There's this one that looks interesting, especially if you combine it with the 10% off from email subscriptions: http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-15-laptop/pd?oc=na153_fwk5_h2e&model_id=alienware-15-laptop

Oh that's a SICK DEAL. LOL. It's cheaper than a Clevo and you can actually get a 6820HK + 1070 + FHD. That's a good deal. But like all Alienware products, you might get a fucked heatsink and then it's gg. If you're willing to do tons of aftermarket efforts to get a fixed one, then it'll be great. 

Laptop Main

Yeah, I wanted to get the AW13 because it's smaller, but this deal and the 99WHr battery is making me really reconsider (RIP the OLED though). Guess it's time to play the AW lottery and prepare for chain returns...

And I just saw the 10% cashabck offer on ebates on top of that deal, plus the 5% promo card from Dell Advantage. Getting better and better.

18 minutes ago, pimno said:

And I just saw the 10% cashabck offer on ebates on top of that deal, plus the 5% promo card from Dell Advantage. Getting better and better.

Wat? LOL. I literally don't understand what you're saying.

Laptop Main

4 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Wat? LOL. I literally don't understand what you're saying.

I just saw that ebates gives 10% back in cash for any purchase on the Dell website, so that's basically another 10% off the dea. And Dell gives a card with 5% of the purchase value as a gift card if you sign up for Dell Advantage. So the Black Friday deal, plus the 10% off coupon from email subscriptions, plus the 10% ebate cash back, plus the 5% e-promo card is pretty sweet.

2 minutes ago, pimno said:

I just saw that ebates gives 10% back in cash for any purchase on the Dell website, so that's basically another 10% off the dea. And Dell gives a card with 5% of the purchase value as a gift card if you sign up for Dell Advantage. So the Black Friday deal, plus the 10% off coupon from email subscriptions, plus the 10% ebate cash back, plus the 5% e-promo card is pretty sweet.

Daaaaaaamn. LOL. Guess your playing the Alienware lottery now ay. The epromo card only gives you 5% of purchase value as credit on the dell store.

Laptop Main

32 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Daaaaaaamn. LOL. Guess your playing the Alienware lottery now ay. The epromo card only gives you 5% of purchase value as credit on the dell store.

Sure looks like it! Gonna need to buy me some new thermal paste too probably haha

Yeah, I know about the epromo card. It's still nice to have. I'll probably buy something like a bag or adapters or w/e.