Internet Explorer 10 Crash / W7SP1 64Bit / MSVCR110.DLL

Simmons33
Go to solution Solved by Simmons33,

You know, there are reasons people don't use IE, this is one of those. Your problem isn't the crash, it is the program you are use

So, I guess Im the only one willing to help people with Problems reguardless of what I personally think about the program? I don't like Firefox/Safari , But I still try to offer helpful advice. Not just tell them to use something else because I have nothing else to say.

I would think this could be taken as an Opportunity to further help the community by diagnosing and fixing a problem, should someone else have the same issue.

Not to even mention that Ive Already stated that I use Chrome.....

It would seem Im not getting anywhere. The Bias is strong on this forum.

Might add Im new to the forum and Im used to the Tomshardware Format... So I hoped Ive posted in the right section

Ive been experiencing an issue on a Two Day old installation of Windows 7 SP1 64Bit. Internet Explorer keeps crashing and giving me this message in the Action Center/Even Viewer - 

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE
Application Version: 10.0.9200.16720
Application Timestamp: 523cf127
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098858e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00012b8a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This crash would only happen when I went to a page to sign in to an Account. Such as Facebook/Amazon/Youtube/Yahoo Etc.

According to this event log, I figured I was missing the MSVCR110.DLL File. I searched in Google for "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2011" 
I could only find a 2012 Version from Microsoft Support and Downloaded both the X86 Version and the X64 Version just to be safe. Both Installed just fine but I seem to be still getting this crash.

---------> Its not the biggest concern, as I usually use Google Chrome by default. But knowing an Application on my computer is not working properly bugs me. Any help would be nice.

I also have all the Latest Windows Updates.

Edit- I also tried disabling my IE Add-ons but that didn't seem to work either
Upon searching my entire computer, I located the MSVCR110.DLL And it was also tagged with Avast Antivirus. Also found the files in the Avast Install Directory 

Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4Ghz / Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO / Adata XPG V2 DDR3 1600 2x4GB / Asus Z87-Plus / EVGA GTX 760 OC ACX 2GB / Corsair RM650 / TP-Link W3800 Wifi / NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) / Kingston SSDNow 60GB (OS/) / Seagate 7200RPM 1TB (Steam/Origin) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Spray Painted/Sanded Gold) 2x AF140 Done the same / Might buy Another SSD to Dual Boot 8.1 and Ubuntu 

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Step 1)

Stop using Internet Explorer.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Step 1)

Or you could give me something useful to work with instead of going the lazy route =/

Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4Ghz / Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO / Adata XPG V2 DDR3 1600 2x4GB / Asus Z87-Plus / EVGA GTX 760 OC ACX 2GB / Corsair RM650 / TP-Link W3800 Wifi / NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) / Kingston SSDNow 60GB (OS/) / Seagate 7200RPM 1TB (Steam/Origin) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Spray Painted/Sanded Gold) 2x AF140 Done the same / Might buy Another SSD to Dual Boot 8.1 and Ubuntu 

If you want something usefull, get google chrome.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

If you want something usefull, get google chrome.

It seems someone is not reading my post in full. I was hoping this forum would be a nice experience,

You know, there are reasons people don't use IE, this is one of those. Your problem isn't the crash, it is the program you are using.

EDIT:

i-started-ie-comic.jpeg

These memes don't exist because everyone just hates IE, it is because everyone hates IE BECAUSE it sucks.

EDIT2:Here at the LTT forum we try to give you the best advice possible. Good advice in this case is to use a different browser.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

You know, there are reasons people don't use IE, this is one of those. Your problem isn't the crash, it is the program you are use

So, I guess Im the only one willing to help people with Problems reguardless of what I personally think about the program? I don't like Firefox/Safari , But I still try to offer helpful advice. Not just tell them to use something else because I have nothing else to say.

I would think this could be taken as an Opportunity to further help the community by diagnosing and fixing a problem, should someone else have the same issue.

Not to even mention that Ive Already stated that I use Chrome.....

It would seem Im not getting anywhere. The Bias is strong on this forum.

Might I note that IE10 is relatively new. Bugs are bound to occur and also IE10 was developed for Windows 8, not 7. So, backwards compatibility with 7 is slim. Yes, it may work, but its for Windows 8.

The reason you may not get much help with this is due to the lack of support from Microsoft for their products. Most people on these forums are experienced "geeks" or "gamers" so they know about majority of the software/bugs that go on.

That's why everyone is telling you not to use IE. Its bugged and is always breaking.

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem. Want advise you one great solution. You need just download for free missed .dll library file from  http://fix4dll.com/msvcp110_dll  and add it into the system 32 folder on your PC or laptop system disk. Try to and I'm sure you'll solve this problem fast. Good luck.

On 10/27/2013 at 7:38 PM, Simmons33 said:

Might add Im new to the forum and Im used to the Tomshardware Format... So I hoped Ive posted in the right section

Ive been experiencing an issue on a Two Day old installation of Windows 7 SP1 64Bit. Internet Explorer keeps crashing and giving me this message in the Action Center/Even Viewer - 

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE
Application Version: 10.0.9200.16720
Application Timestamp: 523cf127
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098858e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00012b8a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This crash would only happen when I went to a page to sign in to an Account. Such as Facebook/Amazon/Youtube/Yahoo Etc.

According to this event log, I figured I was missing the MSVCR110.DLL File. I searched in Google for "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2011" 
I could only find a 2012 Version from Microsoft Support and Downloaded both the X86 Version and the X64 Version just to be safe. Both Installed just fine but I seem to be still getting this crash.

---------> Its not the biggest concern, as I usually use Google Chrome by default. But knowing an Application on my computer is not working properly bugs me. Any help would be nice.

I also have all the Latest Windows Updates.

Edit- I also tried disabling my IE Add-ons but that didn't seem to work either
Upon searching my entire computer, I located the MSVCR110.DLL And it was also tagged with Avast Antivirus. Also found the files in the Avast Install Directory 

Please don't use IE, thank you.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2013 at 8:46 PM, Kirihuna said:

Step 1)

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2013 at 9:42 PM, Alex(PlayMedium) said:

You know, there are reasons people don't use IE, this is one of those. Your problem isn't the crash, it is the program you are using.

EDIT:

i-started-ie-comic.jpeg

These memes don't exist because everyone just hates IE, it is because everyone hates IE BECAUSE it sucks.

EDIT2:Here at the LTT forum we try to give you the best advice possible. Good advice in this case is to use a different browser.

You guys do realize that IE is what ~80% of websites are built to run on.  Quite literally, each web browser uses (almost) the exact same rendering engine and uses the same technologies.  Honestly, the only thing that is really different is 1) how conservative they are (meaning they work better on machines with lower end hardware) 2) feature set of the OS (how it manages favorites, cookies, history, ect {of which IE is CLEARLY the leader here}) 3) ease of use.

The reason why MOST people have such a problem with IE is because IE uses many of the same components as Windows uses to do different things.  A example would be Trident, the HTML engine.  The point I'm making with this statement is that if Internet Explorer isn't running well for you, then something is wrong with your install of Windows.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE