Why isnt there any SLI support for the GTX 1060?

Ramen Man
18 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

because its an entry level card and the sales strategy is you pay more for extra features. Anyone doing series GPU work will not be using an entry level card

its not an entry level card.... an entry level card is the GTX 1050 or RX 460 lol

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

8 minutes ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

its not an entry level card.... an entry level card is the GTX 1050 or RX 460 lol

lol. read the posts above. look at the current market offerings and benchmarks. 1050 doesnt count and should not even be considered by anyone playing anything higher than CSGO. 1050 is this years GT210. 1060 is the minimum for gaming and it has less features and performance which puts it at entry level for Nvidia's product line for games

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

lol. read the posts above. look at the current market offerings and benchmarks. 1050 doesnt count and should not even be considered by anyone playing anything higher than CSGO. 1050 is this years GT210. 1060 is the minimum for gaming and it has less features and performance which puts it at entry level for Nvidia's product line for games

But the 1050 is still there. it can play pretty much any game you throw at it. Albeit at around medium settings.

but the point is.... IT WORKS, it is an entry level card. 1060 is mid range.

yes it does have less features. to keep cost down etc.

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

1 minute ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

But the 1050 is still there. it can play pretty much any game you throw at it. Albeit at around medium settings.

but the point is.... IT WORKS, it is an entry level card. 1060 is mid range.

yes it does have less features. to keep cost down etc.

if 1060 is entry level then what is 1070? 1050 is NZD$80 less that the 1060 and its performance is significantly less which means in a few months it will be nothing more than a multi-media card competing with intels GPU. The 3G 1060 is half the price of a 1070 and the 6G 1060 is half the price of a 1080. that puts the 1070 price in the middle of the 1060 and 1080. hence 1060 is the entry level card and 1050 is a sad joke for anyone who buys one.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

1050 is NZD$80 less that the 1060 and its performance is significantly less which means in a few months it will be nothing more than a multi-media card competing with intels GPU.

It's basically half the price of a 1060 in the UK so it does kinda make sense if you didn't live in NZ...

The pro iris is intel's best iGPU at the moment and well if you really think they're going to double (or more) in performance within a few months (as a 1050 has about twice the horse power if not more than the best iGPU from AMD and Intel) then keep on living in your fantasy world :) 

3 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

The 3G 1060 is half the price of a 1070 and the 6G 1060 is half the price of a 1080. that puts the 1070 price in the middle of the 1060 and 1080. hence 1060 is the entry level card

So basically, because the 1070 is inbetween the 1060 and 1080, the 1060 is entry, 1070 is mid and 1080 is high end? What are you seriously on? That's quite the flawed logic matey.

Since a 1060 has the performance of a 980 what you're saying is there was never any high tier cards in the Maxwell line (and R9 3XX line) as the 980 is entry with the 980ti being med, so the 960, 970 are all multi-media cards eh? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

11 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

middle 1440P

1060 sli which you cant do

Thing is, a single 1060 is a capable 1440p card tho...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-review-performance-overclocking-and-vr-page-2

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1060_g1_gaming_review,20.html

ect.

Yes some games are only running at 45fps~ but who on earth said you had to play at highest settings with MSAA? You could easily play at mixed ultra+high settings giving you stable 60fps

This is like saying how you have to have a 1080 sli or Titan XP for 4K gaming, fuck no...a 1060 can run games at 4K highest settings at 30fps~  where lowering it to medium/high will grant you 50fps+.

34 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So basically, because the 1070 is inbetween the 1060 and 1080, the 1060 is entry, 1070 is mid and 1080 is high end? What are you seriously on? That's quite the flawed logic matey.

Since a 1060 has the performance of a 980 what you're saying is there was never any high tier cards in the Maxwell line (and R9 3XX line) as the 980 is entry with the 980ti being med, so the 960, 970 are all multi-media cards eh? 

You are illogical comparing this years cards to last year. A 1050 beats a 8800GTX so is a 1050 a high end card? no; stop being silly; the 1060 is at the bottom end of gaming cards and has features cut out to provide an 'entry level'; as per the OP why does the 1060 not have SLI? because it is the entry level.

The 1050 is a budget junk card and just like its predecessors it will be taken over by intel's graphics. That is where they sit in the line up. shit; entry; mid; high.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

24 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

its predecessors it will be taken over by intel's graphics.

Spoiler

17-IGP-GTA-V.png

Close but hasn't properly caught up to the 750 yet so...you know :P (this benchmark also has the issue of how all dGPUs are running on substantially weaker hardware...)

24 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

You are illogical comparing this years cards to last year. A 1050 beats a 8800GTX so is a 1050 a high end card?

Your comparison is not logical, I compared the cards to last year cards where you're comparing it to cards that are much much older (basically 10 years difference).A 980 has the same performance as a 1060.

Entry level has always been known for e-sport GPUs with medium cards being known for 1080p cards. That's what they are, the 1050 is a esport card with the 1060 being a ultra 1080p or medium/high 1440p card.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

17-IGP-GTA-V.png

Close but hasn't properly caught up to the 750 yet so...you know :P (this benchmark also has the issue of how all dGPUs are running on substantially weaker hardware...)

Your comparison is not logical, I compared the cards to last year cards where you're comparing it to cards that are much much older (basically 10 years difference).A 980 has the same performance as a 1060.

Entry level has always been known for e-sport GPUs with medium cards being known for 1080p cards. That's what they are, the 1050 is a esport card with the 1060 being a ultra 1080p or medium/high 1440p card.

why are you comparing old cards and going off the OP? Why isn't there SLI on a 1060? was there SLI on older cards that you want to logically compare to the 1060 that has been stripped of this feature so that it can be sold at an entry price level?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

why are you comparing old cards and going off the OP?

Just giving you evidence how iGPUs hasn't caught up to the king of entry level GPUs (well the 750ti actually) yet thus debunking your post how it's going to overtake the 1050 in a few months.

5 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Why isn't there SLI on a 1060? was there SLI on older cards that you want to logically compare to the 1060 that has been stripped of this feature so that it can be sold at an entry price level?

So what I'm getting is because it doesn't have SLI, a 460, 560, 660, 760, 960 are all mid tier GPUs with the 1060 being a high end GPU?? Hopefully you realise that the performance jump from the 960>1060 is the biggest out of any generations before. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Just giving you evidence how iGPUs hasn't caught up to the king of entry level GPUs (well the 750ti actually) yet thus debunking your post how it's going to overtake the 1050 in a few months.

So what I'm getting is because it doesn't have SLI, a 460, 560, 660, 760, 960 are all mid tier GPUs with the 1060 being a high end GPU?? Hopefully you realise that the performance jump from the 960>1060 is the biggest out of any generations before. 

please read the OP. The 1060 does not have SLI because it is at the bottom entry level price. now you're just trolling.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

bottom entry level price

How is a $240~ GPU fucking bottom entry level price? Seriously, what the f*ck are you on? 

23 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

because its an entry level card and the sales strategy is you pay more for extra features.

The whole point they took out SLI is so you can't pair 2 1060s together to achieve the performance of a 1080 for a considerably lower amount of money. You really think one single fucking feature decides what tier a GPU is in? Price and performance has always been the main factors for what tier a GPU is in. It has the performance of a last gen lower high end GPU while costing mid level prices thus it's a mid tier GPU.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

How is a $240~ GPU fucking bottom entry level price? Seriously, what the f*ck are you on? 

read the OP.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

The whole point they took out SLI is so you can't pair 2 1060s together to achieve the performance of a 1080 for a considerably lower amount of money. You really think one single fucking feature decides what tier a GPU is in? Price and performance has always been the main factors for what tier a GPU is in. It has the performance of a last gen lower high end GPU while costing mid level prices thus it's a mid tier GPU.

read the OP.

1060 is entry level.

get over it.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

read the OP

I quoted the OP so...ermmm...

1060 is entry level.

get over it.

1060 is mid level.

Get over it

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

1060 is mid level.

it does not have SLI

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

27 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

it does not have SLI

SLI does not decide what tier a GPU is.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

SLI does not decide what tier a GPU is.

it does not have a feature. it has been cut out to be priced at the bottom tier. the entry level tier. the tier where you can get your gaming at a price you can afford.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

14 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

it does not have a feature. it has been cut out to be priced at the bottom tier. the entry level tier. the tier where you can get your gaming at a price you can afford.

Alright, you've heard this man guys, a RX480 is mid tier with the 1060 being entry as the RX480 has CF while the 1060 doesn't have SLI ;) 

8 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Alright, you've heard this man guys, a RX480 is mid tier with the 1060 being entry as the RX480 has CF while the 1060 doesn't have SLI ;) 

you are quite consistent at comparing apples with nonsense. You might like to be informed that Nvidia does not sell AMD cards. look at the 10 series. look where the 1060 is. it is at the bottom and it does not have SLI. Therefore it is an entry level card.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

you are quite consistent at comparing apples with nonsense. You might like to be informed that Nvidia does not sell AMD cards. look at the 10 series. look where the 1060 is. it is at the bottom and it does not have SLI. Therefore it is an entry level card.

I'm not comparing apples with nonsense, the RX480 is the direct (and only real) competitor of the 1060 :P.

Well not really as the pascal line up is like this:

Titan XP

1050ti

Thus the 1060 and 1070 are the 2 mid end cards...

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Thing is, a single 1060 is a capable 1440p card tho...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-review-performance-overclocking-and-vr-page-2

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1060_g1_gaming_review,20.html

ect.

Yes some games are only running at 45fps~ but who on earth said you had to play at highest settings with MSAA? You could easily play at mixed ultra+high settings giving you stable 60fps

This is like saying how you have to have a 1080 sli or Titan XP for 4K gaming, fuck no...a 1060 can run games at 4K highest settings at 30fps~  where lowering it to medium/high will grant you 50fps+.

its all opinion so this argument is pointless.  

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I'm not comparing apples with nonsense, the RX480 is the direct (and only real) competitor of the 1060 :P.

Well not really as the pascal line up is like this:

Titan XP

1050ti

Thus the 1060 and 1070 are the 2 mid end cards...

The 1050 and 1050Ti are "mainstream" and eSports cards. The 1060 is the entry level GAMING card.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

GAMING card

What makes you think people aren't happy with 1080p medium/high settings?

Well the 1050ti plays bf4 on ultra with over 60 fps on 1080. That's gamer to me.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz