Why isnt there any SLI support for the GTX 1060?

Ramen Man
Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

the 1070 and 1080 are mid level cards with the titan XP being the only high-end...

that is correct the 1080ti which doesnt exist is also a high end card, also when you think about it the 680 was a 660Ti so that was a mid range card that people paid full price for too :D 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

How is a 1060 entry? It's a mid level card as if it was entry then the 1070 and 1080 are mid level cards with the titan XP being the only high-end...

because on the scale of pricing and performance it sites at the bottom just above the 1050. It also does not have SLI

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

It also does not have SLI

Thus the RX480 is a Mid end card then?

@Jumper118, @SCHISCHKA Can I have some of the stuff you two are smoking?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

what is an entry level card then?

and no its way too expensive to share :P

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Just now, Jumper118 said:

what is an entry level card then?

RX460, 1050, 1050ti (if we are only including Polaris and pascal cards)

in Nvidia's line up it sits at the bottom with the 1050, has less features, and is 1/3 the price of a 1080. Therefore it is Nvidia's entry level card.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

RX460, 1050, 1050ti (if we are only including Polaris and pascal cards)

ok, your definition is different to mine. 

the real question should be can we run rx460 in 4 way cf?

anyway i would class them like this

entry level 1080p

1050 ti

middle 1440P

1060 sli which you cant do

high end

4k master race

1070/1080 sli

titan xtended epenis

8K i am a banker/drug dealer

titan xtended epenis sli 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

in Nvidia's line up it sits at the bottom with the 1050, has less features, and is 1/3 the price of a 1080. Therefore it is Nvidia's entry level card.

So...the 1070 is entry as well as it sits at the bottom with the 1060? That makes no logical sense mate...

2 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

the real question should be can we run rx460 in 4 way cf?

The real question is why would you run a RX460 in 4 way CFX?

The real question is why would you run a RX460 in 4 way CFX?

i edited my previous post to explain my logic

i would do 4 way cf rx460 for benchmarks because i dont care about games :) as long as it gets a score at the end and scales better than 3 cards i couldnt care less if it artifact or has 18 frames on the screen at once or if its running a 3 fps :P 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

So...the 1070 is entry as well as it sits at the bottom with the 1060? That makes no logical sense mate...

1060 bottom

1070 mid

1080 high

anything below 1060 is not good enough to be considered

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

because on the scale of pricing and performance it sites at the bottom just above the 1050. It also does not have SLI

its really not expensive at all your thinking it is because where you are in us its 200$ when 970 came out it was 400$ now the 970 goes for 500$ how the hell is 1060 entry level and better than 970?? pcpartpicker.com/product/2j4NnQ/msi-video-card-gtx970gaming4g

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

that doesnt not make it an entry level card lmao

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=midrange+card+1060

in NZ the prices are

$250 - 350 for 1050

$330 - 450 for 1060 3G

~500 for 1060 5G

~750 for 1070

>$1000 for 1080

that does not make it entry level either way dude also last time i checked mid-range cards usually arent 500-700$

it does not sit above 1050 lmao that would mean the 1050 is on par with the 980 smh not a chance

16 minutes ago, 107x said:

its really not expensive at all your thinking it is because where you are in us its 200$ when 970 came out it was 400$ now the 970 goes for 500$ how the hell is 1060 entry level and better than 970?? pcpartpicker.com/product/2j4NnQ/msi-video-card-gtx970gaming4g

you're comparing a 10 series to a 9 series. in the 10 series range 1060 is at the bottom. 1060, 1070, 1080; 1060 is at the bottom therefore it is entry level. I do not consider the 1050 in my scale because its price is so close to the 3G 1060 and its performance is so less I don't know why anyone would buy one.

6 minutes ago, 107x said:

that does not make it entry level either way dude also last time i checked mid-range cards usually arent 500-700$

@ $330 it is entry level. these prices are in NZD. the 1050 starting at NZD$250 and its performance being so below the 1060 makes it junk IMO. To help you comprehend NZD ~$500 after tax is what a minimum wage will earn working a standard 40 hours.

Lets not repeat ourselves and go around in circles. Lets clarify what our definitions of entry level means. For me its the minimum I would recommend to play modern games. Its the card that does not have advanced features like SLI. Its a card that I would not use for GPU intensive tasks like OpenCL programming. Im not comparing to last years cards im looking at the current line up. IMO under my definition the 1060 is entry level.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Ehh personally, it's just a bad idea anyways.

Seriously though, even 480 CF is a disaster.

The only reason I kinda wish it was supported for the 1060 was more SLI cards means more SLI optimization which means my 980ti sli works better.

That doesn't mean anyone should honestly ever buy anything to SLI under the 1080.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

23 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

you're comparing a 10 series to a 9 series. in the 10 series range 1060 is at the bottom. 1060, 1070, 1080; 1060 is at the bottom therefore it is entry level. I do not consider the 1050 in my scale because its price is so close to the 3G 1060 and its performance is so less I don't know why anyone would buy one.

@ $330 it is entry level. these prices are in NZD. the 1050 starting at NZD$250 and its performance being so below the 1060 makes it junk IMO. To help you comprehend NZD ~$500 after tax is what a minimum wage will earn working a standard 40 hours.

Lets not repeat ourselves and go around in circles. Lets clarify what our definitions of entry level means. For me its the minimum I would recommend to play modern games. Its the card that does not have advanced features like SLI. Its a card that I would not use for GPU intensive tasks like OpenCL programming. Im not comparing to last years cards im looking at the current line up. IMO under my definition the 1060 is entry level.

well i guess all the youtubers that had posted videos of the 1060 claiming that it was a mid range card are wrong to :/ but glad im not the only one who doesnt know difference between entry and mid range oh well

7 minutes ago, 107x said:

well i guess all the youtubers that had posted videos of the 1060 claiming that it was a mid range card are wrong to :/ but glad im not the only one who doesnt know difference between entry and mid range oh well

AFAIK Linus is the only youtuber with sales experience. All the others talk a lot of shit and have limited credibility; like the guy who was promoting kinguin on his channel. I have sales experience and when I look at the current market I can tell you why a product exists at its price point.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

14 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

AFAIK Linus is the only youtuber with sales experience. All the others talk a lot of shit and have limited credibility; like the guy who was promoting kinguin on his channel. I have sales experience and when I look at the current market I can tell you why a product exists at its price point.

jayztwocents, pauls hardware and bitwit dont? i thought paul and kyle worked for newegg huh if you say they dont then i guess they dont though 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

How is a 1060 entry? It's a mid level card as if it was entry then the 1070 and 1080 are mid level cards with the titan XP being the only high-end...

9 hours ago, 107x said:

not even close to an entry level card dude 

The GTX x60 cards are the entry level gaming cards.

The x40/x40m's are mainly for offloading graphic tasks to dedicated VRAM. They're about as powerful as a competent iGPU from Intel.

The x50/x50m are mainstream GPUs, for then the iGPU doesn't cut it, and good for some light gaming.

The x50Ti's are mainstream/eSport GPUs, they're good for games that aren't demanding, like CoD or CS:Go.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

The GTX x60 cards are the entry level gaming cards.

The x40/x40m's are mainly for offloading graphic tasks to dedicated VRAM. They're about as powerful as a competent iGPU from Intel.

The x50/x50m are mainstream GPUs, for then the iGPU doesn't cut it, and good for some light gaming.

The x50Ti's are mainstream/eSport GPUs, they're good for games that aren't demanding, like CoD or CS:Go.

1 hour ago, 107x said:

6 minutes ago, 107x said:

Those videos don't mean anything when the conversation is about what card is NVidia's entry level card.

Comparing NVidia's entry level to the high end AMD Polaris card also means nothing.

The GTX 1060 is Pascal's entry level gaming card. Nothing more.

The same was true of the GTX 960, the 860m, etc.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

it doesnt take long for intel to outperform those cards. I call them multi-media cards for computers without internal graphics. Intel HD6000 does pretty good with CSGO on my laptop, I imagine the iris pro would be even better

2 minutes ago, 107x said:

look at you, you can spam videos from youtube. Because of your awesome talent I'm going to call you Spazza.

All of those cards meet the minimum requirements I would have for building a new gaming PC therefore they are entry level. Anything below these cards should not be considered for a modern gaming PC.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Those videos don't mean anything when the conversation is about what card is NVidia's entry level card.

Comparing NVidia's entry level to the high end AMD Polaris card also means nothing.

thats what im saying. Entry level is minimum. I do not know why Spazza is trying to argue it because he saw some videos on youtube.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

if you watched the videos you would see they didnt "compare" i mean shit even the title of each of them claims the 1060 is mid range

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

it doesnt take long for intel to outperform those cards. I call them multi-media cards for computers without internal graphics. Intel HD6000 does pretty good with CSGO on my laptop, I imagine the iris pro would be even better

look at you, you can spam videos from youtube. Because of your awesome talent I'm going to call you Spazza.

All of those cards meet the minimum requirements I would have for building a new gaming PC therefore they are entry level. Anything below these cards should not be considered for a modern gaming PC.

thats what im saying. Entry level is minimum. I do not know why Spazza is trying to argue it because he saw some videos on youtube.

lol finally a nickname i can call my own and what you dont realize is just because you think they are entry level doesnt mean they are

1 minute ago, 107x said:

if you watched the videos you would see they didnt "compare" i mean shit even the title of each of them claims the 1060 is mid range

Okay, the creators of those videos are idiots. What's your point?

The 1060 is the entry level gaming card that NVidia offers. It is marketed and designed as such.

Everything below the 1060 in the Pascal lineup qualifies as "mainstream cards," meaning that they're useful for keeping systems with shitty iGPUs up to par with systems that have decent iGPUs, adding video IO, and pushing graphic tasks onto a dedicated VRAM.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Okay, the creators of those videos are idiots. What's your point?

The 1060 is the entry level gaming card that NVidia offers. It is marketed and designed as such.

Everything below the 1060 in the Pascal lineup qualifies as "mainstream cards," meaning that they're useful for keeping systems with shitty iGPUs up to par with systems that have decent iGPUs, adding video IO, and pushing graphic tasks onto a dedicated VRAM.

woah shit man damn i didnt think the very own people that get these products to review would be this reatrted but if you say so #Leafylookalike lmao im so done you must be the smartest man in the universe

Just now, 107x said:

you must be the smartest man in the universe

12220132130183.gif

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel