GTX 1080 w/ i7 3770k

I need advice guys. would a GTX 1080 with an i7 3770k bottleneck? i'm using a Dell U2414H 60Hz single monitor. Planning on upgrading from a GTX 660Ti. Thanks in advance for your kind answers! :D

3 minutes ago, DoomLegion said:

I need advice guys. would a GTX 1080 with an i7 3770k bottleneck? i'm using a Dell U2414H 60Hz single monitor. Planning on upgrading from a GTX 660Ti. Thanks in advance for your kind answers! :D

no it wont you will be perfectly fine, also nice upgrade

my reasoning is that i7 currently dont bottleneck any gpu while playing games

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

it shouldn't bottleneck

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Will be ok, allthough better CPU's might unlock more of the potential in certain games and scenario's. But as said you will be fine.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

no i dont think it will bottleneck

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

You won't notice any bottleneck on a 1080p 60Hz monitor.

In newer CPU bound games, there will be a slight bottleneck. It isn't worth upgrading to a newer CPU and chipset though, it'll only be a few frames, and like I said, you won't notice on the monitor you have.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

In some games such as gta 5 you will get decent fps games with a newer cpu but with others (like the witcher 3) you will notice no to little difference.  So in my opinion if you really want to take full advantage of the card a newer cpu isn't a bad idea.

Is your 3770K overclocked?

Without overclocking the i& 3770K, you'll experience some performance limitation. But you can easily overclock the i7 3770K for significant performance gain, and an OC'd 3770K should be just as good as a brand new CPU.

A GTX 1080 with an i7 3770K will experience more limitation of its potential than the Titan X (Maxwell) used in these benchmarks, unless you overclock the i7 3770K. If you overclock the i7 3770K, you'll be fine.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

The GTX 1080 is way overkill for running at 1080p resolution but if you can afford it, its a huge performance increase.

You shouldn't experience bottlenecking until you start getting over 100FPS. Given that your monitor only goes to 60, you'll be totally fine.

When in doubt, re-format.

No. I'm using a 3770k with a 980ti and only lose like 1-2 fps compared to newer cpus. negligible at best.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Thank you so much everyone for your advice and suggestions!

22 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Is your 3770K overclocked?

Without overclocking the i& 3770K, you'll experience some performance limitation. But you can easily overclock the i7 3770K for significant performance gain, and an OC'd 3770K should be just as good as a brand new CPU.

A GTX 1080 with an i7 3770K will experience more limitation of its potential than the Titan X (Maxwell) used in these benchmarks, unless you overclock the i7 3770K. If you overclock the i7 3770K, you'll be fine.

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely OC my i7 3770k once i get the GTX 1080 :D