Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A93nt47

PC for my wife

24 minutes ago, A93nt47 said:

I'm not sold on the i5...

The new build with the i5 has less storage in it, however if your wife doesn't have a lot of files (Or you have another storage device for mass) then I think that second build with a Pentium would be great. Maybe even drop to 2 or 4gb ram if you really want to save money. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys looking for some advice on what to get my wife for her PC, she loves using my gaming rig but can't do work on it when I'm gaming. I was wondering if I could get some ideas on what kind of processor I should get her, she doesn't do much but use Word and web stuff and sometimes logs into her works computer from here. She does not game at all so no graphics card, I'll be getting her a 34inch ultrawide monitor for productivity. I feel like she doesn't need a i5 or anything like that. 

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, g12601 said:

I think this would be a good fit.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hCQCD8

(Hopefully I copied the right one)

Idk. Id probably go i5 because reasons

My PC: 

CPU: Intel i5-6600K @ 4.7Ghz Motherboard: EVGA Z170 FTW RAM: 2x8GB Corsair LPX GPU 1: EVGA GTX 1060 FTW GPU 2: MSI R9 270X HAWK Case: NZXT H440 Blue Storage: 120GB PNY, 1TB Hitachi Monitor: Asus VC279 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (MX Brown) Mouse: Logitech G602

Guest PC: 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Motherboard: Some shit Gigabyte board RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares 2133Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 570 DoubleShot Case: Idk. Some cheap case Storage: 250GB HDD Monitor: Some NEC thing Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Some Microsoft mouse

1 minute ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Idk. Id probably go i5 because reasons

If she's just using word and the internet an i3-6100 would be perfect, and if she ever does anything more intensive, it has HT so it would be fine. 

Just now, HoneyBooBoo said:

If she's just using word and the internet an i3-6100 would be perfect, and if she ever does anything more intensive, it has HT so it would be fine. 

True. But i5

My PC: 

CPU: Intel i5-6600K @ 4.7Ghz Motherboard: EVGA Z170 FTW RAM: 2x8GB Corsair LPX GPU 1: EVGA GTX 1060 FTW GPU 2: MSI R9 270X HAWK Case: NZXT H440 Blue Storage: 120GB PNY, 1TB Hitachi Monitor: Asus VC279 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (MX Brown) Mouse: Logitech G602

Guest PC: 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Motherboard: Some shit Gigabyte board RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares 2133Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 570 DoubleShot Case: Idk. Some cheap case Storage: 250GB HDD Monitor: Some NEC thing Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Some Microsoft mouse

2 minutes ago, A93nt47 said:

Honestly I was thinking just a Pentium...any specific reason for the i5?

I agree with the Pentium. 

He's probably joking/trolling with i5. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

30 minutes ago, g12601 said:

Does this make you feel any better,

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/YCY66X

yes lol

My PC: 

Guest PC: 

Spoiler

Posted · Best Answer
24 minutes ago, A93nt47 said:

I'm not sold on the i5...

The new build with the i5 has less storage in it, however if your wife doesn't have a lot of files (Or you have another storage device for mass) then I think that second build with a Pentium would be great. Maybe even drop to 2 or 4gb ram if you really want to save money. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: