EA is requiring streamers and YouTubers to put logo on sponsored videos

Mira Yurizaki

http://kotaku.com/ea-requires-youtubers-and-streamers-to-put-labels-on-sp-1789057546

In an effort to increase transparency, EA is now requiring anyone whom they sponsored to put a specific logo on their video somewhere:

In a post on EA’s German news blog (translated by NeoGAF), EA announced that they’re stepping up their disclosure game by contractually requiring content creators to disclose with EA-provided hashtags and watermarks. The watermarks are pictured above. I reached out to EA in North America, and they confirmed that it’s a company-wide thing, though some rules vary by region.

“Supported by EA” is to be used in situations where EA has paid for access to the game (travel, review copies, etc), but did not influence the video/stream itself. “Advertisement,” on the other hand, is exactly what it sounds like: EA provided material or directly influenced the direction of the content’s, um, contents.

I don't watch enough streaming and YouTubes to figure out if this is a problem, but hey, good on EA.

this is GOOD, transparency is needed with this sort of thing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Fair enough, I like it. Not sure if it's actually for transparency or just to get more brand exposure but I'm not complaining.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Fine by me, there are some pretty shady sponsored videos that try to hide it as deep down that they were paid for their work and that does bias their opinion no matter what people will say otherwise.

Though i do think this has something to do with some discussions going around about how in some countries it is actually illegal to not disclose that it was sponsored content. I wouldnt be surprised if this was EA's legal department just making sure they dont get burned down the line if JoeBlogger forgets to put a comment in his video description or something.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I used to see this all the time on JackFragz content..
Esp the Battlefront footage.

p16300-youtube-thumbnail-537x360.jpg

There was usually always a "Sponsored by EA" in the corner at the start of every video.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

nice

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

This is a good move. Now we know who to avoid.

EA  acting decent, Trump is president... the world is about  to end...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

A bit ironic for Kektaku of all outlets to discuss transparency. 

EA has been a mixed bag lately. Been making good decisions and bad decisions. This is a good one.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

9 hours ago, Miguel Batista said:

EA  acting decent, Trump is president... the word is about  to end...

You forgot a Ubisoft game getting good reviews.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

14 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You forgot a Ubisoft game getting good reviews.

Oh shit... I need a nuclear bunker ASAP. xD

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

good, i know british youtubers have been stabbed at by their government for not always disclosing their sponsored content correctly which frankly i find a good call, now they all have to say in the title and thumbnail clearly that its an advertisement. 

15 hours ago, Sauron said:

Fair enough, I like it. Not sure if it's actually for transparency or just to get more brand exposure but I'm not complaining.

i think there is enough EA logos in EA games to get the brand name known. And its not like people havent heard of EA before. It is by far one of the household "gaming" names

Nice we need this to be standard place 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

i think there is enough EA logos in EA games to get the brand name known. And its not like people havent heard of EA before. It is by far one of the household "gaming" names

They clearly still think they need more publicity if they keep sponsoring content.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Still waiting to see nvidia & intel watermarks on all of LTT vids [/cheap jab]

Response to your jab: poke poke.  ?

The other comment about EA acting nice made me remember: wasn't EA the one with the slogan "EA games: challenge everything!"?  ?

If that's correct then I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that EA has joined other publishers in the "let's do all sorts of stupid bs to see how much we can piss off consumers? ? (insert evil laughing here)" category.   ? lol

Edit: Though it is good that EA is at least seeming to do one tiny good thing.  

Edited by Bleedingyamato

Well it's good and makes sense.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Honestly i never liked EA the work more about how to milk people for money and less about making the games better.  

But putting a logo or watermark on all the "sold out" streamers is a great idea. Maybe now u can tell whos review u can trust and who make a paid to good props review. 

Lets hope Linus is on the good side

so we wont end up with his streams getting watermarks all over them ;)