Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Android laptop/tablet?

Hello,

I am planning to buy the Lenovo Yoga Book which is coming with Android & Windows 10 version. However, the Android version is with 100 Euro cheaper. That is why I am curious - if I can buy the cheaper one and after that installing Windows 10 on it manually. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
George

2 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

The one running Android may have an arm based chip. Windows 10 can only run on an x86 based chip. 

Both are coming with identical system specs (including CPU, RAM and etc.)

The problem is that I have never seen BIOS menu in Android where you can change the bootable order and insert a stick with Windows 10 on it. That is why I am curious if it is even possible.

Just now, GeorgeNan said:

As long as its an x86 based cpu, such as an lintel cpu, you can download windows 10

4 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

The one running Android may have an arm based chip. Windows 10 can only run on an x86 based chip. 

some versions can run on ARM but im pretty sure those are SOC and cant be installed by anyone

3 minutes ago, GeorgeNan said:

The problem is that I have never seen BIOS menu in Android where you can change the bootable order and insert a stick with Windows 10 on it. That is why I am curious if it is even possible.

you can flash over the internal storage from a PC i think with the windows 10 installer and it should work, i wont promise you it will but it should

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

some versions can run on ARM but im pretty sure those are SOC and cant be installed by anyone

you can flash over the internal storage from a PC i think with the windows 10 installer and it should work, i wont promise you it will but it should

Sorry but I am not really sure how am I suppose to do that. Can you give me an article where can I read more about it?

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

All you need to do is insert your bootable usb with windows 10 and hold c on boot.

What do you mean by "Hold C on boot". I am not sure what C stand for. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeNan said:

Sorry but I am not really sure how am I suppose to do that. Can you give me an article where can I read more about it?

the C key on your keyboard

anyway not sure how to flash over memory on an android device from your PC but im pretty sure you can do it in a similar way to installing an older version of Android or something

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hold the c key on your keyboard while the system boots. It is a command to tell the pc to boot from usb 

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

Hold the c key on your keyboard while the system boots. It is a command to tell the pc to boot from usb 

Just to be sure that I understood you correctly.

I will need to insert the bootable stick in the tablet then shut it down and turn it on again while pressing C on my keyboard. That way I will get the Windows 10 Installation Window, am I correct?

58 minutes ago, GeorgeNan said:

Just to be sure that I understood you correctly.

I will need to insert the bootable stick in the tablet then shut it down and turn it on again while pressing C on my keyboard. That way I will get the Windows 10 Installation Window, am I correct?

correct

5 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

correct

After a short research, all the information concerning this method was related to iOS. Are you sure that this will work for Android too? Sorry for doubting and asking so many questions but I want to be 100% sure before buying the tablet/laptop. 

After a short research, all the information concerning this method was related to iOS. Are you sure that this will work for Android too? Sorry for doubting and asking so many questions but I want to be 100% sure before buying the tablet/laptop. 

for android? I thought you wanted to download windows. 

8 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

for android? I thought you wanted to download windows. 

The version I want to buy is with Android. Afterwards, I want to install Windows 10 instead. This way I will save 100 Euro. 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeNan said:

The version I want to buy is with Android. Afterwards, I want to install Windows 10 instead. This way I will save 100 Euro. 

right. When you install windows it will format the drive. It will not matter that Android was ever installed. 

2 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

right. When you install windows it will format the drive. It will not matter that Android was ever installed. 

The main problem is I am not sure how to do that. Usually, I need to rearrange the boot order properties from the BIOS but not sure how to do it on Android. I am not sure if even Android has a BIOS. Or the installation will run automatically when I insert the bootable stick and restart the tablet/laptop.

7 hours ago, GeorgeNan said:

The main problem is I am not sure how to do that. Usually, I need to rearrange the boot order properties from the BIOS but not sure how to do it on Android. I am not sure if even Android has a BIOS. Or the installation will run automatically when I insert the bootable stick and restart the tablet/laptop.

Only one way to tell for sure: buy the Android version and let us know how it goes!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)