How to sell on Ebay.

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
4 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

well how to sell on ebay? 

[rare] @@@look@@@ **********free ship************ ####must have####

Did not know you can mark solve on your own guide

Want to start selling on Ebay? I just sold mine and thought might give people some idea on how to do that. I am sure most of you have sold something on Ebay before but none seems to have time to make a guide

So first, make an Ebay account. I will not go through steps to make an Ebay account. Just create it.

Nice. Let's start selling. After successfully setting up your account, go ahead and sign in then press the sell button in the top left corner near your name

Spoiler

sell.png

Take some picture of the product you own, the more the better. Even if it is just a piece of blank A4 paper you are selling.

Take some time to research the product you own and what people usually put. For a computer component, put all relevant specs to it. 

Also since it is most likely used, state how long have you been using, have you tried altering it in anyway (for cpu and gpu a good thing to mention is have you overclocked it before and how far?) 

Add what is included with the product you are selling (case, cover, box, cable,...).

Finally we can proceed and fill in the information on the next page. Give a clear title of what you are selling. No need to write Selling at the beginning since ebay is a selling/buying website. Something like 

Palit Gefore GTX 1080 GameRock 8GB 

Spoiler

test101.png

For gpu you can add which display connector does it have? (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort,...) and how many?

What connector does it use to power up (8 pin power or 6 pin power or no need)? 

Don't go deep into specific specs of it unless the product is rare. Copy pasting an article of a gpu/cpu review is very redundant (if you really want to just link it).

Ok. All the info has been written. Time to sell!

Not really. You need to provide price and shipping. Checking similar listing on ebay would be the best choice to determine the price. Auction style are preferred if you do not know the true value of your card.

Spoiler

sel1.png

The longer the listing, the longer you wait. However it also means that the more customer/seller will be reached. People have more time to think about it too and potentially increasing the price. 7 days is by default and I suggest leave it like that.

A reserve price is how much people need to pay before it's gonna sell. Useful if you think someone can get a sweet deal on your product but they actually have to pay more till they win the bid.

Buy now are for impatient. People can continue bidding but why bid when you can buy it immediately. If you do add Buy it now price, make it high. If starting bid is near the level of buy it now then why bid when seller can buy.

For shipping you can just add a fixed cost or actual cost. Fixed cost you enter a number for your shipping. Let's say $30. Buyer will pay $30 regardless of where they are.

Actual cost buyer has to pay the cost based on their location. You never know where they live so just go for actual. There you get to choose which shipping company too.

All of it is subject to eBay fees which can be easily calculated here http://www.fees.ebay.ca/feeweb/feecalculator

Spoiler

sel121.png

Create international shipping too if you want to ship abroad. (I live in Canada so to reach US customers I have to add that option, lots of people are living in America you know)

Finally add your paypal email address for payment and your location so buyer knows how much it costs to ship from your place to theirs.

Handling time is how much it takes for you from the time you receive the card till you can go and ship it.

Spoiler

sel141.png

Leave it as long as you can if you think you are that lazy.

There now your card is on sale. 

Check the status of the selling by hitting myEbay on the top right corner

Spoiler

sell23.png

After everything has done and the buyer has finally sent you a payment on paypal. The payment will be on hold of course. You will be able to use it once the product has been delivered and tested to be working (well if the buyer does not see a problem then that's working). By default after the product has been delivered it takes 3 days until you can spend the money. 3 days is the time for buyer to report any errors/problems with it. After 3 days they can still claim for a refund due to Money Back Guarantee policy from ebay. But that's the ending part.

Now the payment you receive will be for both shipping and the product itself. You can print a free label because that's the shipping price too. For me I had some issue with it so I had to ship by myself. But in general you can print the label and bring it to a local post office/shipping office and have it shipped. If not you can go there and pay for the shipping yourself at the shipping office (which is what I did).

They should give you the tracking number (for extra fee this is an almost a must feature so buyer know where and how the product is doing).

Oh, don't forget to leave a feedback too!

Hope this helps

Just now, MANIDY inc said:

doesn't Ebay tell you all this? 

It doesn't tell you everything. Like what to do when it is shipped, what to do when you receive payment, how and stuff like that. I just sum it all in one page

Alternatively, the buyer claims you scammed him, reports you to ebay, then you don't get the money and you lose your product too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It doesn't tell you everything. Like what to do when it is shipped, what to do when you receive payment, how and stuff like that. I just sum it all in one page

give tips about packaging, i know people who sell on ebay for a living (and make easily 25-30k a month) and they pack boxes super cool ways to cut down on shipping cost, even make their own tools and shit to make the packing process easier 

Everyone should own a vive.

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Alternatively, the buyer claims you scammed him, reports you to ebay, then you don't get the money and you lose your product too.

@iamdarkyoshi won't do that,  he got almost 10k posts right?? 

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

And this is one of the reasons I've never sold anything on Ebay.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

give tips about packaging, i know people who sell on ebay for a living (and make easily 25-30k a month) and they pack boxes super cool ways to cut down on shipping cost, even make their own tools and shit to make the packing process easier 

That's not concerning ebay. It's more if a how to package shit. What do you mean by saving shipping cost? 

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Lucky someone on this forum contacted me on classifieds lol

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

If it's with people you know then sure, but there are plenty of people just making ebay accounts and then reporting the seller after buying an expensive product.

Usually ebay sides with the customer unless the seller is large and known/trusted.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

If it's with people you know then sure, but there are plenty of people just making ebay accounts and then reporting the seller after buying an expensive product.

Usually ebay sides with the customer unless the seller is large and known/trusted.

Yeah I at least check their rep first. I would rather get myself a bad rep for not selling rather than being scammed. I sent people mesages just to be sure too

You should probably mention the 10% seller fees. A lot of people go off and spend the money they receive, only to get a bill from eBay for 10% of their earnings at the end of the financial month. For people without an income, this is a pretty big deal. 

48 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's the reason you document things properly and use tracked shipping. While eBay's policies STRONGLY favour the buyer, if you have the proper evidence and can prove the package was delivered, they will side with the seller. My sister runs part of a business that sells through eBay and you occasionally get those who claim they never received the item, but looking up the tracking reference, you can see their name and signature from when they accepted the package. 

It's also important to write the description very clearly to prevent people from claiming the item is not as sold. It's amazing how few people actually read the description and try to start a dispute through eBay. I've seen a TV come back as a return that was packaged with the stand resting between the screen and the box, so the display was completely wrecked during return shipping. Gotten into the habit of taking pictures when opening parcels that can break. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's the reason you document things properly and use tracked shipping. While eBay's policies STRONGLY favour the buyer, if you have the proper evidence and can prove the package was delivered, they will side with the seller. My sister runs part of a business that sells through eBay and you occasionally get those who claim they never received the item, but looking up the tracking reference, you can see their name and signature from when they accepted the package. 

It's also important to write the description very clearly to prevent people from claiming the item is not as sold. It's amazing how few people actually read the description and try to start a dispute through eBay. I've seen a TV come back as a return that was packaged with the stand resting between the screen and the box, so the display was completely wrecked during return shipping. Gotten into the habit of taking pictures when opening parcels that can break. 

It's not just an issue of whether or not it was delivered. The buyer can also claim it doesn't work as expected or damage it themselves (either intentionally or accidentally) and then complain. Either way, as a seller, you'll more than likely get screwed unless you happen to have a good/long history. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You should probably mention the 10% seller fees. A lot of people go off and spend the money they receive, only to get a bill from eBay for 10% of their earnings at the end of the financial month. For people without an income, this is a pretty big deal. 

I forgot

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's not just an issue of whether or not it was delivered. The buyer can also claim it doesn't work as expected or damage it themselves (either intentionally or accidentally) and then complain. Either way, as a seller, you'll more than likely get screwed unless you happen to have a good/long history. 

Well, you're more likely to not have an issue than get screwed. However, you're more likely to lose in the event someone does try to scam you. eBay can really be unfair with disputes between buyers and sellers. 

8 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Nah, I'm not a dick lol

However, ebay haa very little buyer protection, my work ends up getting scammed all the time, we have all the proof that what we sold was legitimately working, and yet ebay still offers the buyer a full refund and we loose money.

Also, try packing it a little better, it was loose in the box

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

Did not know you can mark solve on your own guide