high quality speakers

Dackzy
Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

Exactly why you should stay within your budget. 

I'm an engineering student! Welcome to the club xD

I'm done with the club! There's money at the end of the tunnel boys. I promise. Just keep your heads up!

4 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Dude. Don't buy these things before you go to college.

dude, I have the cash, I also have cash for a new laptop and desktop, because I have saved up for over a year, so I could do a upgrade of everything. I have a job and I get money for going to school (from the state)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

dude, I have the cash, I also have cash for a new laptop and desktop, because I have saved up for over a year, so I could do a upgrade of everything. I have a job and I get money for going to school (from the state)

How much does college cost in Denmark? It was like $10,000 a year juts for tuition and books here in California.

Just now, JohnT said:

How much does college cost in Denmark? It was like $10,000 a year juts for tuition and books here in California.

it is free :P

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, JohnT said:

W H A T ! Nothing is free. I don't have to pay 20-30% VAT on my purchases

well we pay a lot of tax, but school is free*, just like healthcare is free*. I have to pay for books, but you can find them for free or used.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well we pay a lot of tax, but school is free*, just like healthcare is free*. I have to pay for books, but you can find them for free or used.

Are you staying at home during college?

I am just following in case this is might good information for me sometime.

2 minutes ago, JohnT said:

If it is like here, yes he is as he didnt mention that he had to pay for a place to live :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

25 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Lucky!!! My Tuition is like, $50k per year...

I'm excited to finally finish school. That'll be the day!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

6 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I am just following in case this is might good information for me sometime.

If it is like here, yes he is as he didnt mention that he had to pay for a place to live :)

Then maybe having nicer things is more practical if you plan on living at home.

5 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Lucky!!! My Tuition is like, $50k per year...

I'm excited to finally finish school. That'll be the day!

$50 grand a year. Shit

That must be out of state tuition, right? Or is that like human engineering (otherwise known as a doctor)?

5 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Then maybe having nicer things is more practical if you plan on living at home.

$50 grand a year. Shit

That must be out of state tuition, right? Or is that like human engineering (otherwise known as a doctor)?

It's for GWU in downtown Washington DC, and yeah, I'm from Washington State. (Thinking about transferring to an in-state university, since that will literally be $40k per year for EVERYTHING, including housing, etc.)

Also, living expenses are about double what they were back home, and my school doesn't have a real cafeteria, so I have to pay for food through groceries which are not cheap here.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

@KaminKevCrew Oh god so many colors. Walnut vs Rosewood, both are sweet

27 minutes ago, JohnT said:

oh yeah, I can bike to the school fairly easily.

13 hours ago, Dackzy said:

yes I have been thinking about using a EQ, but I find that some things really hate it when you just EQ a tiny bit. I have given those speakers a look, the on thing I am not sure of ia how to power them, they each have two plus and two minus on the back.

They are powered just like any other passive speaker. They come with bridge connectors to run the pair of terminals in parallel. 

If you remove the bridge connectors, you can opt to power the tweeter separately from the woofer (passive bi-amplification). By default they have the bridge connectors on (so you can hook up to either terminal pair and it will work).

7 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I am biased towards the Marantz PM5005. :) The Yamaha A670 is an alternative if you're after efficiency.

The Scansonic might be a good choice if you're after flexible connectivity.

39 minutes ago, Stagea said:

I am biased towards the Marantz PM5005. :) The Yamaha A670 is an alternative if you're after efficiency.

The Scansonic might be a good choice if you're after flexible connectivity.

well two people in here says that the used Marantz would be a better option. The Yamaha looks so clean...

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

well two people in here says that the used Marantz would be a better option. The Yamaha looks so clean...

It's a proven design that dates back decades to the Marantz PM-25 (constantly revised/refined with every model change). It's no high tech amplifier, but I expect it to last a long time. 

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Marantz gear is hella good.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

6 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Marantz gear is hella good.

just need to go into my pinned thread and pick out a DAC xD

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

just need to go into my pinned thread and pick out a DAC xD

What for? Receivers have built-in DACs. 

39 minutes ago, JohnT said:

that one does not have a DAC from what I can see, no sign of HDMI, USB or optical on the back

9 hours ago, JohnT said:

He's looking at an analogue-only integrated amp.

Just now, Stagea said:

He's looking at an analogue-only integrated amp.

well a receiver with optical in would be neat. 50w or more would also be neat

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

well a receiver with optical in would be neat. 50w or more would also be neat

Something like this then?

https://www.happii.dk/HiFi-Receiver-Forstaerker/Denon-AVR-X520BT-AV-modtager-52-kanal-Sort-/2518208

https://www.happii.dk/HiFi-Receiver-Forstaerker/Onkyo-TX-8020-Black-Modtager-Sort-/2563768