Looking for Prebuilt desktop

Just now, tarfeef101 said:

I really would try and find something with a 1080 and a 6600K rather than a 1070 and a 6700K, it'd provide him much more of a benefit for his strictly gaming application.

The 1080 exists in a weird space. It's overkill for current 1440p, but not quite enough for 4K. The 1070 seems happy to be the 1440p card as of now.

At least with the 6700K, he'll have a bit more of a "future proof" build leading into DX12 and Vulkan.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

The 1080 exists in a weird space. It's overkill for current 1440p, but not quite enough for 4K. The 1070 seems happy to be the 1440p card as of now.

At least with the 6700K, he'll have a bit more of a "future proof" build leading into DX12 and Vulkan.

Dude... let's be real here. Even with DX12 and vulkan, an OCed 6600K is overkill for any game. And will be for some time. Furthermore, there isn't really a way to stress the CPU more for greater benefit in games. But, with a better GPU, you can crank up the details, run higher framerates (my personal favourite), etc. I'd say it is more futureproof to get the 1080.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Just now, tarfeef101 said:

Dude... let's be real here. Even with DX12 and vulkan, an OCed 6600K is overkill for any game. And will be for some time. Furthermore, there isn't really a way to stress the CPU more for greater benefit in games. But, with a better GPU, you can crank up the details, run higher framerates (my personal favourite), etc. I'd say it is more futureproof to get the 1080.

I disagree.

At 1080p and 1440p, the 1070 is damn well set to max out games for years. At 4K, you're making a good deal of compromises with either card. The 1080 is set up as a bad investment for those looking for perf/price and longevity, in comparison to the 1070.

We're seeing games that can benefit from additional cores. GTA V being one of them. With Vulkan and Dx12 growing, and offering more power to the developers, it's not going to be long before we see games taking advantage of the i7. We're at the point where Core i5 is no longer cutting it for our GPUs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I disagree.

At 1080p and 1440p, the 1070 is damn well set to max out games for years. At 4K, you're making a good deal of compromises with either card. The 1080 is set up as a bad investment for those looking for perf/price and longevity, in comparison to the 1070.

We're seeing games that can benefit from additional cores. GTA V being one of them. With Vulkan and Dx12 growing, and offering more power to the developers, it's not going to be long before we see games taking advantage of the i7. We're at the point where Core i5 is no longer cutting it for our GPUs.

Have you actually looked at benchmarks?

1070 hits FPS between 60-100 at 1440p. With so many 144 Hz monitors out these days, hitting more than that is actually beneficial. Plus, those benchmarks are (in AAA titles) usually with certain features (eg hairworks) off, so there are still more settings to crank up. The 1080 provides that ability. Also, as time progresses, we will only get more and more detail in our games.

As for CPU-intensive titles,  I still have failed to see a game where a recent i5 locked was not enough. Now, take that i5 and run it at 4.9 GHz (mine is there), and there isn't going to be a bottleneck issue for quite a while. Sure, eventually people might multithread games enough for >4 threads to be useful, but for the forseeable future I see no evidence that it will be necessary (or even useful sometimes) to have the extra threads, at least with this much of a cost differential.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

39 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

he doesn't say he NEED it

but here

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($172.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($88.20 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB TURBO Video Card  ($599.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($136.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1471.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-14 21:24 EST-0500

21 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Alienware's Aurora Core i7-6700/8GB DDR4-2133 RAM/ 1070/ 1TB HDD isn't a bad option. It's Roughly $1350.

You could build cheaper if you go with lower quality parts, and substitute the Z170 board Alienware used (upgrade path if you decide to overclock). But seeing as that is what everyone else is championing, you've probably heard enough of it.

The Revolt 2 by iBuyPower goes for $1399

It's sporting a 6700K, 1070, 120GB SSD boot, 1TB HDD storage, and 16GB  DDR4-2400.

I couldn't really find much by CyberPower that didn't sport an old AMD 9590 for the price.

You could potentially find good deals on ASUS's ROG lineup in a few big box stores.

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

14 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Just to be very clear here....

@Drak3 you do not know what you are talking about. 1080 is not over kill at all... there is no such thing as overkill in a build with an i7 6700k.. if it was an i3 then I would say yes.

this is a 1.5k build and there is really no reason why one should not have a i7/i5 or a 1080 in this build. ever other person would think you are insane not to get a high end part when your budget allow's it. AND the 1080 is a VERY good investment seeing how it is THE card right now for high performance gaming without getting a titan xp.

@deXxterlab97 build is better in every aspect than the one @Drak3 suggested/

@tarfeef101 there is no such concept as futur proofing, going with a 1080 will give you less of a chance of upgrading a GPU down the road. ie 4 year's ish. 

@RaggingGinger go with deXxterlab build and pay someone $30 to build it for you... 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

Just now, xephoneration said:

Just to be very clear here....

@Drak3 you do not know what you are talking about. 1080 is not over kill at all... there is no such thing as overkill in a build with an i7 6700k.. if it was an i3 then I would say yes.

this is a 1.5k build and there is really no reason why one should not have a i7/i5 or a 1080 in this build. ever other person would think you are insane not to get a high end part when your budget allow's it. AND the 1080 is a VERY good investment seeing how it is THE card right now for high performance gaming without getting a titan xp.

@deXxterlab97 build is better in every aspect than the one you suggested/

@tarfeef101 there is no such concept as futur proofing, going with a 1080 will give you less of a chance of upgrading a GPU down the road. ie 4 year's ish. 

@RaggingGinger go with deXxterlab build and pay someone $30 to build it for you... 

stop saying my build is better.... it's far from perfect

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

stop saying my build is better.... it's far from perfect

comparing the one that Drak3 suggested it is.. sooooooooooooo yeah

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

Fuck it, I'm done. I'm out.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, xephoneration said:

comparing the one that Drak3 suggested it is.. sooooooooooooo yeah

I'M SO HURT NOBODY LIKES MY BUILD :(

Nah that's fine, but I'd again like to emphasize all of these are guidelines, each part depends on deals from black Friday. op Will likely be able to get premium parts in all categories with the savings

4 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

I'M SO HURT NOBODY LIKES MY BUILD :(

Nah that's fine, but I'd again like to emphasize all of these are guidelines, each part depends on deals from black Friday. op Will likely be able to get premium parts in all categories with the savings

I liked your build. And I'm totally not saying that without remembering what your build was. I liked how you chose a processor that fits the socket on the Motherboard. It was definitely a good pick. 

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

I liked your build. And I'm totally not saying that without remembering what your build was. I liked how you chose a processor that fits the socket on the Motherboard. It was definitely a good pick. 

Backhanded compliments are real... Damn. 

Always open to criticism, so what do you actually dislike about it?

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

Backhanded compliments are real... Damn. 

Always open to criticism, so what do you actually dislike about it?

If you only linked one build and if it was this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wQrF4C

mainly the i5. It may be overclockable, but IMO it'd probably be better to just get the normal i5, or save for an i7. 

Other than that, I just have no idea where your budget went. 

Also the i7 6700s are gone from PC part picker's website. like they're just gone. both k and non k. 

OI Someone be stealin our 67s! 

I like how you managed a 2tb drive, ssd, and 1080 in the budet. That extra tb was probably what sucked up the room for the i7. However if you can find a lower priced MoBo, an i7 should be able to fit. Since you're water cooling, maybe drop the fans, if the 1500 is strict, and the i7 can't fit in because of the petty 15$

However I'm no expert. Just yesterday, my 3 fans didn't seem to be doing it for my AMD GPU, so I ended up removing my side panel and blowing a box fan into my PC. 

9 minutes ago, fpo said:

If you only linked one build and if it was this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wQrF4C

mainly the i5. It may be overclockable, but IMO it'd probably be better to just get the normal i5, or save for an i7. 

Other than that, I just have no idea where your budget went. 

Also the i7 6700s are gone from PC part picker's website. like they're just gone. both k and non k. 

OI Someone be stealin our 67s! 

I like how you managed a 2tb drive, ssd, and 1080 in the budet. That extra tb was probably what sucked up the room for the i7. However if you can find a lower priced MoBo, an i7 should be able to fit. Since you're water cooling, maybe drop the fans, if the 1500 is strict, and the i7 can't fit in because of the petty 15$

However I'm no expert. Just yesterday, my 3 fans didn't seem to be doing it for my AMD GPU, so I ended up removing my side panel and blowing a box fan into my PC. 

Well, I put the extra cash into more premium storage, a nice fully modular 80+ gold PSU, etc. The fancy case and motherboard that match don't hurt either. 

The decision to leave out the i7 was very much intentional. OP explicitly stated he only wants to game (and look at the internet). No game I have played, or even seen benchmarked has an issue with a 6600K. Not even close. I run a 6600K with 2 980s and no issues at all. It is incredibly powerful, especially since most of them overclock to at least 4.7 GHz.

Since OP said he really liked the inwin case and the blue/white colour scheme, I felt that the money was better spent making something easy to build in with good, tested parts that would make the experience nicer, and a little bit of flashiness because as much as I hate prebuilts, they do take the time to make them look nice. 

The extra fans are there to allow for both intake and exhaust to be set up while retaining a positive pressure environment.

Once you get to this higher-end price bracket, some things are worth sacrificing performance for. For example, I have a computer that cost me 5 grand (CAD), but I have an i5, any only 980s (ti was out, but not 10 series). But, I gained to ability to watercool, have a sick looking case, etc; and I don't need any more performance, and won't for years to come. With these specs, OP will be in the same category, so I showed him a way to make something that not only performs really well, but wouldn't be too challenging for a first time builder and would look really nice.

4 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Well, I put the extra cash into more premium storage, a nice fully modular 80+ gold PSU, etc. The fancy case and motherboard that match don't hurt either. 

The decision to leave out the i7 was very much intentional. OP explicitly stated he only wants to game (and look at the internet). No game I have played, or even seen benchmarked has an issue with a 6600K. Not even close. I run a 6600K with 2 980s and no issues at all. It is incredibly powerful, especially since most of them overclock to at least 4.7 GHz.

Since OP said he really liked the inwin case and the blue/white colour scheme, I felt that the money was better spent making something easy to build in with good, tested parts that would make the experience nicer, and a little bit of flashiness because as much as I hate prebuilts, they do take the time to make them look nice. 

The extra fans are there to allow for both intake and exhaust to be set up while retaining a positive pressure environment.

Once you get to this higher-end price bracket, some things are worth sacrificing performance for. For example, I have a computer that cost me 5 grand (CAD), but I have an i5, any only 980s (ti was out, but not 10 series). But, I gained to ability to watercool, have a sick looking case, etc; and I don't need any more performance, and won't for years to come. With these specs, OP will be in the same category, so I showed him a way to make something that not only performs really well, but wouldn't be too challenging for a first time builder and would look really nice.

Seems justified. I have a blind ideology that anything 1K or more should have a GTX X80 GPU, and i7 XXXX. But I don't care about aesthetics at all really. When I get a house/apartment, I want to put my computer in the closet, or on a server rack like Linus. 

With my i5, I have had no known CPU problems and in my signature, you can see it's quite dated. Not to mentioned used. 

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

Seems justified. I have a blind ideology that anything 1K or more should have a GTX X80 GPU, and i7 XXXX. But I don't care about aesthetics at all really. When I get a house/apartment, I want to put my computer in the closet, or on a server rack like Linus. 

With my i5, I have had no known CPU problems and in my signature, you can see it's quite dated. Not to mentioned used. 

I'm glad you're not one of the many people who refuse to accept anyone can have priorities other than raw performance. brings a smile to my face :)

Props for not upgrading unnecessarily, you have more strength than I do

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

I'm glad you're not one of the many people who refuse to accept anyone can have priorities other than raw performance. brings a smile to my face :)

Props for not upgrading unnecessarily, you have more strength than I do

Haha, I want an i7 sooo badly. But that's because OBS records like garbage, and I have no idea why. 

PS I used to play on a tri core AMD based PC with idk what GPU from 2005~ through 2012~ and I always had to put on the most... Donkey. Yeah, most donkey settings to get frames above crashing. 

#12 FPS Max. 

5 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Yes i can hook him up with a good pre built if he really want to buy it.

Just name it.and i will send it.

But even though i am happy because someone wants to buy from my store
I suggest for the OP to just built his own RIG.

Dont buy a pre-built PC they tend to be more expensive than custom built.

But its his choice.

So what will be sir?

Just an FYI, promoting yourself is not allowed on the forum (I'd be careful, it's why I don't do it). But I am glad you admit that it's an objectively worse option than doing it yourself

2 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

O_O really?
oh well i am sorry then.. (-/\-)

Lol no worries. Just trying to help out my fellow young entrepreneurs. Especially the non-in-your-face ones like yourself. Checked out your profile (nice description btw, rivals my PCPartPicker build for length), and you were very low key, so you should be fine. I'd probably just avoid talking about your business while talking about someone purchasing PCs.

9 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Teheh xP ..i think i should be careful next time.

I dont want to be banned from this forum.

That wont happen again i promise ^_^ 

Now all we have to do is address your PC. We can't have a store owner without a watercooled PC now, can we ;)

I have a few friends that can help with the assemble of a custom built. 

Really i just wanna spend about $1500 and no more if i have to. Less is better

Im waiting for black friday to find a monitor. Leaning towards BenQ as I have had 3 monitors in the past from them but, 

a 32-35" curved ultra wide is so damn tempting.

If i have to drop budget down to $1k-$1200 on the tower to spend more on the monitor i will

11 hours ago, RaggingGinger said:

I got about $1500 or so to blow on a new system.

Whats peoples views on Cyberpowerpc ?

Here is a link to a company local to me. 

They have great reviews and they have even better builds.

http://www.venomcomputer.com/

5 hours ago, Thread212 said:

Hmm? i already have CM NEPTON 240MM installed in my RIG sir.

C'mon now, you know what I meant! We need some custom stuff up in here!

1 hour ago, RaggingGinger said:

I have a few friends that can help with the assemble of a custom built. 

Really i just wanna spend about $1500 and no more if i have to. Less is better

Im waiting for black friday to find a monitor. Leaning towards BenQ as I have had 3 monitors in the past from them but, 

a 32-35" curved ultra wide is so damn tempting.

If i have to drop budget down to $1k-$1200 on the tower to spend more on the monitor i will

So, is your total budget for the PC AND monitor 1500?

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

Owh..the thing is.. i never have a spare time to play a video games anymore.
Cant avoid my responsibility u know.. i hate growing up.

I didnt even have time to clean my RIG.

So i just leave her in  my room..yep. she's just chillin in there doing nothing.

While I can't claim I USE my rig very often... at least I can take pride in it. Consider it an investment in your business: a badass, custom rig is a showpiece that exemplifies what you can do for potential clients. That's how I justified it!

Although regardless pls clean it. Pretty pls? She deserves the love and attention. 

7 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Owh yeah.. we already did that.
My brother is the one who did the custom Loop,Assembling a part for client,or customize their pc to their will.

And i am in the administration and customer services. well you know smile,explain and be friendly with em..
and manage the store.

We did have a showcase of custom rig PC that ready for sale. But it seems no one really interested in them.

So we stop making it and only make a custom loop on order.

Well, my room is so clean and so my rig.

So i rarely clean her. 

well that sucks for your brother. custom builds are fun. they take WAY more effort, but you feel a sense of pride when you complete them. Hopefully someone will order one eventually (although I probably shouldn't say that, technically we're competitors). 

Looks like short of showing up and cleaning your computer myself, I'm gonna lose this one :(
I can only hope one day she gets the love all PCs deserve. One day.