Which RX480 should i take

Anzexx
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

the top 3 RX480s

Powercolor Devils Edition RX 480

XFX RX480 GTR

MSI RX480 Gaming X

So i was checking this gpus and idk which brand to get i see msi which is the most expencive then gigabyte( mid range) and xfx (the cheapest one) whats the differnce tho ?

they will offer some minor performance differences. what about the ASUS strix?

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Most are fine except Gigabyte, I heard they have major thermal issues with the 480. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

the top 3 RX480s

XFX RX480 GTR

MSI RX480 Gaming X

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

- Asus RX480 Strix OC

- XFX RX480 Black GTR

Those are the best RX480´s based on pcb and vrm analytics.

Well ill go with xfx then like i checked the asus one and it has rgb lights in .... like why dude its completely useless imo and it costs more

27 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

the top 3 RX480s

XFX RX480 GTR

MSI RX480 Gaming X

The Devil edition has VRMs that'll burn out when stressing with furmark. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

14 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The Devil edition has VRMs that'll burn out when stressing with furmark. 

It's the best performer once you don't run furmark lol but that's happening also due to it's weaker PCB design comparing to the other cards.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

It's the best performer once you don't run furmark lol but that's happening also due to it's weaker PCB design comparing to the other cards.

Nah, it's just the componentry used in the VRMs. The rest of the PCB is fine. How is it the best performer?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Nah, it's just the componentry used in the VRMs. The rest of the PCB is fine. How is it the best performer?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ watch some of his vids... the pcb design is crappy comparing to there AIB's. Sorry meant to say it's one of the best performers once you aren't running furmark. Think it has the highest clocks out of the box.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

7 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ watch some of his vids... the pcb design is crappy comparing to there AIB's. Sorry meant to say it's one of the best performers once you aren't running furmark. Think it has the highest clocks out of the box.

Yeah I know who Buildzoid is, but I though he only said the VRMs were crap. Also, you can just overclock all of them to be equal :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Yeah I know who Buildzoid is, but I though he only said the VRMs were crap. Also, you can just overclock all of them to be equal :P

Nah in his analysis he said the design was crap comparing to the other cards and I would OC them but not everyone knows how to OC even with all the step by step guides.

Another thing guys, what about the asus dual radeon, is there any difference between strix one ? like i dont need 8gb and the dual radeon costs less, way less, i would go with the xfx but its no avaliable in my country so RIP