Need Help Setting Up Folding@Home On Remote CentOS Server

So I have a dedicated Atom 330 server I rent out and I want to set up folding@home on it so I can have it do folding@home at night when I'm not using the server. The server is using CentOS and when I use the online tutorial on the Foding@Home site I can't figure out how to get it working. Has anyone got it working before or knows how to do it? If so I can really use the help.

5 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

So I have a dedicated Atom 330 server I rent out and I want to set up folding@home on it so I can have it do folding@home at night when I'm not using the server. The server is using CentOS and when I use the online tutorial on the Foding@Home site I can't figure out how to get it working. Has anyone got it working before or knows how to do it? If so I can really use the help.

I just use the In-Chrome version..

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Hey its me again. You can get it to work with in the terminal, but i can't seem to get it to work as a remote server. You could script this to turn on and off when you want.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Hey its me again. You can get it to work with in the terminal, but i can't seem to get it to work as a remote server. You could script this to turn on and off when you want.

is there any way to view the progress in the remote terminal and can I be able to set it to pause the progress instead of fully closing out the program?

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

is there any way to view the progress in the remote terminal and can I be able to set it to pause the progress instead of fully closing out the program?

There doesn't seem to be a pause from what ive seem.

I think you can see progress on your account.

29 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

There doesn't seem to be a pause from what ive seem.

I think you can see progress on your account.

I just wanted to ask if we can get the software installed on the server don't you need to forward the port Folding@Home uses to be able to access it from the client software? I was just wondering because that's probably why it didn't work.

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

I just wanted to ask if we can get the software installed on the server don't you need to forward the port Folding@Home uses to be able to access it from the client software?

You do if you want it as a client, if you don't want it as a client(you can have it login and work indepedtly), you don't need to open the port.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

You do if you want it as a client, if you don't want it as a client(you can have it login and work indepedtly), you don't need to open the port.

Do you think it will work if we set it up so I can control it through the folding at home client on my desktop?

3 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Do you think it will work if we set it up so I can control it through the folding at home client on my desktop?

I haven't gotten that to work yet.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I haven't gotten that to work yet.

Ok then does it allow you to set up the name and team number when it's done through the remote terminal?

1 minute ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Ok then does it allow you to set up the name and team number when it's done through the remote terminal?

Yep you can do that.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yep you can do that.

ok then can you show me how to set it up with the script to do it at certian times?