Build Log - Temporal Snow! (Complete 30/11/16)

Go to solution Solved by stealth80,

ok so I got everything sorted today, the block arrived yesterday, but I had serious Man Flu and slept only 40 mins before my night shift!

So today I could finish it up, especially as the back plate was finalised!

Z4rQxuw.jpg

MsyZyZM.jpg

WzguVfU.jpg?1

8CqwwdR.jpg

Ha5AyW4.jpg?1

3PNcU8K.jpg

MnUtFiR.jpg

Good Load temps, this was with GTA 5 benchmark running

8g52LKI.jpg

XyklAwX.jpg

rriLl7q.jpg

Fans turned out good

XOGBbtT.jpg

Only eye sore left is the keyboard, hopefully be moving onto an Asus Claymore (the whole reason for the 5 inch LCD)

L10BDX0.jpg

34 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

23/11/16 - MORE PAINTING!!!

SoundBlaster Z painted to match the scheme and the PCI bracket straightened ready for vertical mounting against the back of the case

enkiUKv.jpg

Got something arriving to customise the backplate a little

i really should paint my Soundblaster Z because that looks amazing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

m.2 plate arrived and it was deaf worth the wait!

51NtFP8.jpg

Available here if anyone is wanting one, they appear quite rare at the moment:

http://www.coldzero.eu/364-m2-covers

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

m.2 plate arrived and it was deaf worth the wait!

Available here if anyone is wanting one, they appear quite rare at the moment:

http://www.coldzero.eu/364-m2-covers

yah that looks amazing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I got bored and the black fans were annoying me, so I split them down and and started priming!

NI2Qs6T.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

A picture of the LCD I'm going to use to display my Aida 64 temps, showing a picture of the reason why I need a LCD in the first place ! xD

VLVXaFP.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

Yay replacement Waterblock has been shipped, should have this almost wrapped by tomorrow! 

Ryzen Ram Guide

Got the fans finished and tidied up the PCI brackets around the rear of the lower radiator and got the LCD mounted in the surround.

1g2qW6g.jpg

g0NaEUv.jpg?1

iBEKqjy.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

2 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Got the fans finished and tidied up the PCI brackets around the rear of the lower radiator and got the LCD mounted in the surround.

Personally I'd keep the casing of the fans black as they blend in too much with the case now. The build looks amazing so for so I guess you know what you're doing :D
How's the performance of the fans? Did you do a good job and they are just as they were or are they louder and don't spin as nicely? 

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

1 minute ago, DieselWeasel said:

Personally I'd keep the casing of the fans black as they blend in too much with the case now. The build looks amazing so for so I guess you know what you're doing :D
How's the performance of the fans? Did you do a good job and they are just as they were or are they louder and don't spin as nicely? 

I haven't flashed the fans up yet as the loop is still partially drained whilst I wait for the gpu block to arrive. The finish on them isn't as great as I usually do, however that's mainly because I didn't want to keep adding coats and potentially cause symptoms you identified.

The block is here arriving tomorrow, hopefully along with the last thing I'm waiting on, so I will find out then 

Ryzen Ram Guide

Waterblock has arrived, sound card aint gonna fit, bummer! 

Ryzen Ram Guide

Waterblock has arrived, sound card aint gonna fit, bummer! 

PCIe risers all the way lol

Builds:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ive got a riser, I will show what I mean when I get the card fitted.

In the meantime, heres the backplate finished and I love it!

ZDg3zjw.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

8 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So here's the issue:

F7Nvyop.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

So here's the issue:

cut the PCI bracket thing and make it sit flush with the bottom of the case?

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

cut the PCI bracket thing and make it sit flush with the bottom of the case?

can't cause the pci riser I have makes the card sit just as high if not higher

Ryzen Ram Guide

ok so I got everything sorted today, the block arrived yesterday, but I had serious Man Flu and slept only 40 mins before my night shift!

So today I could finish it up, especially as the back plate was finalised!

Z4rQxuw.jpg

MsyZyZM.jpg

WzguVfU.jpg?1

8CqwwdR.jpg

Ha5AyW4.jpg?1

3PNcU8K.jpg

MnUtFiR.jpg

Good Load temps, this was with GTA 5 benchmark running

8g52LKI.jpg

XyklAwX.jpg

rriLl7q.jpg

Fans turned out good

XOGBbtT.jpg

Only eye sore left is the keyboard, hopefully be moving onto an Asus Claymore (the whole reason for the 5 inch LCD)

L10BDX0.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

50 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

can't cause the pci riser I have makes the card sit just as high if not higher

well then there isnt much to do :/ 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well then there isnt much to do :/ 

Ye kinda frustrating as I already bent the PCI and sprayed the case of the SoundBlaster lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, stealth80 said:

Ye kinda frustrating as I already bent the PCI and sprayed the case of the SoundBlaster lol

can it fit in there in any other way? so its not a complete waste? lol

Builds:

Spoiler

can it fit in there in any other way? so its not a complete waste? lol

one place, above the very nice back plate for the 1080 I just got finished :(

Ryzen Ram Guide

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

one place, above the very nice back plate for the 1080 I just got finished :(

that fat radiator at the bottom is messing up this build lol :P how was the PCI riser running? maybe you can find a longer one and have it on the other side of the inlet/outlet of the block?

Builds:

Spoiler

that fat radiator at the bottom is messing up this build lol :P how was the PCI riser running? maybe you can find a longer one and have it on the other side of the inlet/outlet of the block?

then the wires would be in the case, the ones connected to the LCD are already giving me ticks

Ryzen Ram Guide

5 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

then the wires would be in the case, the ones connected to the LCD are already giving me ticks

well i cant see a way to fit it in there that wont ruin the look of it at all, the only thing i can think off is a longer riser cable or a thinner rad but i dont think a thinner rad is going to happen because of temps mainly

Builds:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Nominted MOTM for November at Bit-tech:

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/mod-of-the-month/2016/12/06/mod-of-the-month-novemeber-2016/1

Throw me a vote (I don't expect to win, the book is amazing!)

Ryzen Ram Guide