Tips on buying a soundbar

rl249

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a soundbar, it's my first time buying one so you'll have to keep things dumbed-down for me.

I'll keep this really simple, this is what I want;

I've got an LG 32lb560b TV ( https://i.imgur.com/2YMYUgf.jpg - here's the I/O) I want to be able to connected a relatively decent soundbar (around 350$) to my tv and have the audio for things like my xbox one S, PS4 and raspberry PI running kodibunt going through the soundbar.

What do I need to do/buy to achieve this? Also, if i could get a soundbar that allowed me to plug an auxiliary cable into it that would be even better..

Thank you in advance for any help given!

so if i connect the soundbar to the TV via optical, all audio for all devices will by default go to the sound bar? 

sorry if that's a silly question, i just want to know if its plug and play basically. 

Just now, rl249 said:

so if i connect the soundbar to the TV via optical, all audio for all devices will by default go to the sound bar? 

sorry if that's a silly question, i just want to know if its plug and play basically. 

Yep all the audio will go to the soundbar. Some times you have to change the settings in the manual first.