What GPU can I choose that won't limit my CPU too much?

Xiauj

I think so with ur cpu 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

22 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

GTX 480 or R9 260x is what id get.

This.

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock . XEON X5650 4.49ghz

A 1060 6GB CAN run triple 1080p on some games. There was someone on the forum who was doing that @Houndz199. Maybe ask him for help

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

4 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

A 1060 6GB CAN run triple 1080p on some games. There was someone on the forum who was doing that @Houndz199. Maybe ask him for help

Oh ok cool, good to know :o^_^

@Houndz199, have you tested this? if so, what settings, resolution and FPS did you get when testing?

Also, can your 1060GB 6GB handle 1440p on a single monitor? if so, what type of FPS did you get for that also?

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

6 hours ago, Xiauj said:

YaqinHasan is correct, I do only want to play on one monitor but if a GTX 1060 can really handle triple monitor gaming (Which I doubt it cannot handle) then I can try it, but idk if it will work. Middle monitor for gaming, left and monitors for chrome or another application.

Very good value/price but would prefer one with 3x of the same output (DisplayPort or HDMI).

Ya reckon? :o

Think I'll still get good FPS on most of today's games like Witcher 3, GTA V, BF1 etc etc..... at 1080p Ult / 1440p?

So, you think NVIDIA would be better or not really? Not quite sure what you mean.

Oh and I forgot to mention to all, my GPU is currently a NVIDIA GPU which I'll be upgrading from.

GTX 1060 can handle 1080p ultra to about 1440p medium-high, as long as you don't try to game on all 3 monitors, you should be fine. Even if you do try to game on 3 monitors, the card itself will probably limit you more than the VRAMin i t anyway 

On 11/11/2016 at 7:16 PM, Xiauj said:

Oh ok cool, good to know :o^_^

@Houndz199, have you tested this? if so, what settings, resolution and FPS did you get when testing?

Also, can your 1060GB 6GB handle 1440p on a single monitor? if so, what type of FPS did you get for that also?

Hi, havent used 1440p with my card. The only games where my Cpu is a clear bottle neck is gta V and metro games, otherwise i havent found anything that bottle necks it. The gx 1060 is a 1080p killer, combo it with a more recent cpu and youll get ultra on a lot of todays titles. It works well on my surround setup, I just wouldnt recommend it just becuase I dont think the surround is worth it :/

13 hours ago, Houndz199 said:

Hi, havent used 1440p with my card. The only games where my Cpu is a clear bottle neck is gta V and metro games, otherwise i havent found anything that bottle necks it. The gx 1060 is a 1080p killer, combo it with a more recent cpu and youll get ultra on a lot of todays titles. It works well on my surround setup, I just wouldnt recommend it just becuase I dont think the surround is worth it :/

I see. So do you think 1080p High / Ultra at least with my CPU (AMD FX 8350) would work well with an EVGA GTX 1060 perhaps or not really? I know my CPU is fairly old but would it suffice do you think in terms of temperatures, performance etc..?

Kind of thinking about a new PC but I dunno, will have to think about it.

6 hours ago, Xiauj said:

I see. So do you think 1080p High / Ultra at least with my CPU (AMD FX 8350) would work well with an EVGA GTX 1060 perhaps or not really? I know my CPU is fairly old but would it suffice do you think in terms of temperatures, performance etc..?

Kind of thinking about a new PC but I dunno, will have to think about it.

I think with the fx8350 youd get the full potential of your system.

6 minutes ago, Houndz199 said:

I think with the fx8350 youd get the full potential of your system.

Sweet! :D