I am in dire need.

Hello everybody,

I know that I am new here, and have no right to post something like this, but I'm now out of options.

In a nutshell, I am a US Soldier, nearly complete with my Bachelors of Science in Computer Technology and Programming. The laptop that I was using (ASUS G74SX) fried, from power jack to ground point. Every component was tested on bench, and found cooked. I have priced out a mini ATX build that would handle the workload, which consists of Compilers, Virtual Machines, Encryption and Rendering programs. The backup laptop that I have can't even run my compiler without tanking. If some of you could please take a look at the link, and maybe give some insight, or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

I was ahead of my class by a week, but currently I am at pace, or nearly. By Monday of next week I will be behind. This is the final portion to the curriculum for my BS, and if failed.. Well yea, we all know colleges don't care.

Original Link Removed By Staff

12 hours ago, JoePonzi said:

Hello everybody,

I know that I am new here, and have no right to post something like this, but I'm now out of options.

In a nutshell, I am a US Soldier, nearly complete with my Bachelors of Science in Computer Technology and Programming. The laptop that I was using (ASUS G74SX) fried, from power jack to ground point. Every component was tested on bench, and found cooked. I have priced out a mini ATX build that would handle the workload, which consists of Compilers, Virtual Machines, Encryption and Rendering programs. The backup laptop that I have can't even run my compiler without tanking. If some of you could please take a look at the link, and maybe give some insight, or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

I was ahead of my class by a week, but currently I am at pace, or nearly. By Monday of next week I will be behind. This is the final portion to the curriculum for my BS, and if failed.. Well yea, we all know colleges don't care.

no OFFENCE but gofund me pages ARE NOT allowed under any circumstances, if you need money so badly cant you ask a friend or your family to lend you you the money? or get a loan?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites
  • Referral links
  • Personal websites or businesses
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

2 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Seems sketchy honestly

first post , good story , gofundme link 

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............ 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

first post , good story , gofundme link 

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............ 

dont forget he joined around 40 minutes ago

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

dont forget he joined around 40 minutes ago

atleast its not 

TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA TOSHIBA 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Sorry, i'm at work.

I was looking for the terms, and could not find them. It seems sketchy, but I'm out of other options. I've got two kids and my wife, and we just moved from Fort Hood to Alabama, funds are tighter than ever. I will remove the post in a few minutes. Sorry for wasting time.

10 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

You forgot the cute profile picture

Look m8. Don't know if you're for real or not, but can't tell over the internet. If you do have a problem, ask a relative. If you don't, fuck you for trying to tak e advantage of people's kindness

I've spent the last 9 years working for Uncle Sam's war machine. I do not ask for charity easily. I know I'm new, but dont mistake me for a muppet.

1 minute ago, JoePonzi said:

I've spent the last 9 years working for Uncle Sam's war machine. I do not ask for charity easily. I know I'm new, but dont mistake me for a muppet.

surely you have family, parents who could help you?

We all aren't as fortunate. The best part is that they're not even dead. They just hold themselves to a higher step on the ladder. They love my kids, obviously, but as for my wife and I, not so much. My mom sent me her old ass laptop, which I will be sending back later today. A nifty Toshiba thing, with some potatoe of a processor.

Honestly this isn't right place to ask such things. Starting with the fact that referral links and self-promoting is against CS:

Which you should read anyway. As a soldier I would assume you understand why we need rules.

Secondly, asking strangers to give you money, or even spares, isn't going to work. I could make up story and act with it. Anyone can. And yours isn't even the most teardropping. Just do it as we all and save up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Me: Hey honey, this random guy on the Internet says he needs money. Let's give it to him

Wife: But we just gave our money to the guy in Africa who said he's going to give us 10x more once he gets to America remember? 

Me: oh yeah I forgot about him

To Mr Ponzi (scheme?) sorry but my money is already given out to a random guy on the Internet. 

As others have mentioned these types of posts are not allowed on LTT as it is a form of self-promotion. Thread Locked.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.