Tech that has spoiled you?

bobhays

I was genuinely intrigued by the Dell XPS 13 and 15. I liked their design and display but then when I thought about getting one for myself I couldn't. The price is high but that wasn't the reason, it's because I'm spoiled by my Razer Blade. I enjoy the AMAZING touch pad, good keyboard (for a laptop), and compared to the Dell, the upward facing speakers and well-positioned webcam. I also strongly dislike glossy screens on a laptop and don't care for touch, luckily both Razer and Dell have a matte non-touch option.

The only changes I really wish for in future Blade iterations is an SD card slot, battery indicator light (white not razer green), and charging through USB-C (I know this is hard cause of the 100W limit). I genuinely don't think I can buy another laptop unless I absolutely have to. If the one I'm using right now breaks I'd probably just buy another used one so it's not as expensive. I don't own any other razer products, but the blade is fantastic.

Anyways that's my story with my blade, do you guys have any tech that you feel spoiled by? I think the common one is moving to an SSD because after that HDD's feel too slow

Edited by Godlygamer23
Changed title to remove "move request."

These speakers

Spoiler

logitech_x230.jpg

I think I've had them since release with my first ever computer, (mid 2005), and I can't imagine my desk without them now. 

1 hour ago, bobhays said:

I was genuinely intrigued by the Dell XPS 13 and 15. I liked their design and display but then when I thought about getting one for myself I couldn't. The price is high but that wasn't the reason, it's because I'm spoiled by my Razer Blade. I enjoy the AMAZING touch pad, good keyboard (for a laptop), and compared to the Dell, the upward facing speakers and well-positioned webcam. I also strongly dislike glossy screens on a laptop and don't care for touch, luckily both Razer and Dell have a matte non-touch option.

The only changes I really wish for in future Blade iterations is an SD card slot, battery indicator light (white not razer green), and charging through USB-C (I know this is hard cause of the 100W limit). I genuinely don't think I can buy another laptop unless I absolutely have to. If the one I'm using right now breaks I'd probably just buy another used one so it's not as expensive. I don't own any other razer products, but the blade is fantastic.

Anyways that's my story with my blade, do you guys have any tech that you feel spoiled by? I think the common one is moving to an SSD because after that HDD's feel too slow

iPhone 4 when I was 7 (ok, two months before 8 or so)

i5 760 when I was 7

Quite fast internet for what time it was (~2006, 30/10 until late 2015)

ISP doubled internet for $0 (100mb plan, i get 200mb via speedtest)

$50/mo for 5gb data 

(this is canada, so like $90/gb of data here)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, KE2012 said:

These speakers

Hide contents

logitech_x230.jpg

I think I've had them since release with my first ever computer, however many years ago that was, and I can't imagine my desk without them now. 

X-230 right? I have them too :D

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

iPhone 4 when I was 7 (ok, two months before 8 or so)

i5 760 when I was 7

Quite fast internet for what time it was (~2006, 30/10 until late 2015)

ISP doubled internet for $0 (100mb plan, i get 200mb via speedtest)

$50/mo for 5gb data 

(this is canada, so like $90/gb of data here)

wow, how much are you paying for internet service? Mine's like 45 for 50/5

Just now, MasteRisHoT said:

X-230 right? I have them too :D

Yup. Mine have been bashed, dropped and probably hit with a hammer sometime or another and yet they still go strong, although I am basically tone deaf so they could sound awful, but I don't care, they sound great to me. 

1 hour ago, bobhays said:

wow, how much are you paying for internet service? Mine's like 45 for 50/5

$100 for 100/10

usually the plan is ~$150 or so but.. :D 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Top tier GPUs. Hard to justify buying a lower tier one in the future, at least for me.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

game boy color when i was 9

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Ssds spoiled me big time. Now i throw ssds in everything. 

And having a massive amount of screen real estate between 3 monitors. Its almost damned near impossible to work efficiently with one monitor.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

$100 for 100/10

usually the plan is ~$150 or so but.. :D 

I'm kind of worried about the 5mbps upload speed I have. I didn't really care before but now I'm in the process of making a media server and I don't know if 5 up is going to be enough to stream videos online. I wish Google Fiber was here then I could get 100/100 for almost the same price.

My Toyota Celica convertible. Beats having to kick start the Domestic Stallion and hoofing it across town.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

My Toyota Celica convertible. Beats having to kick start the Domestic Stallion and hoofing it across town.

Oh man. I remember when my cousin got a brand new Celica. It was the coolest car that someone I knew owned. He even put an underglow so at night it looked one of the cars they show off in fast and furious.

Google Fiber 1000mbps Internet.  I find myself complaining that X company's hosting is just too slow.  Then when I have to use work, or a friends internet I feel like tearing my hair out.

There are a couple of things I got accustomed to and makes me like others less, but if I have to choose the one that makes me feel the most spoiled: Logitech G13. I used to find that kind of products a superfluous nonsense, especially given their price tag. But one day I came across a much more reasonably priced second-hand unit. I like to experiment with stuff, and I liked the idea of having an off-screen display of temps, etc, so I bought it. It took a bit of tweaking at first, but after a while I just couldn't game on the keyboard (as I did for my entire life) anymore. I mean, of course I can, and that's the "spoil": I'm sure I could get used to random keyboards again, but... it's just so comfortable, the hand always resting in place, every key within reach, the symmetric arm position, one in the mouse, one in the g13, no ugly overlays if I want to track temps, usage, fps or whatever...

I guess I could have a keyboard with similar features, and just move it to the side for the arm position thing, but then it would be of the clickety kind which I hate to type on. So, despite all my contempt for "gaming devices" and spartan airs, I'm truly better off with separate devices for gaming and everything else. My only concern is whether one day I'll end up paying the unjustifiable full price of this thing or a similar one due to having tasted it now... :S

Can name a few. 

1st:  My macbook pro. Even all those people are bashing at apple selling these, my one is still the best that i've used when it comes to laptop. No complain whatsoever. If not playing games, I will ditch windows completely...

2nd: Steelseries Sensei. God damn this mouse is good. Even better than my G502. Yup, you heard it right. And Sensei is an old mouse. 

3rd: This. Anyone remember/use this? Logitech UE mini Boom. Now it is discontinued , also replaced by the newer model. But this speaker is the best that I've ever used. Sound quality is just too good for a speaker that is this small.  

Logitech_UE_Mini_bluetooth_speaker_35828442_35828437_02.jpg

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

My sony xperia z ultra made phones hard to buy now, after having that for 2 years with a 6.5 inch screen, i can't use phones under around 5-5.5 because my hands have gotten used to the large screen size.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

My mouse G502 for the love of god I can not use anything else now and my Razer huge mousepad.Every time I visit some of my friends i can't game at their place they use cheap mouses and small mousepads.I need that 2400 dpi.

My r9 290 jet engine

its so fast ~

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Phones. I literally can't take a dump without my phone.

what have I done with my life?!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

High capacity drives. I remember when all I had was my laptop with a 150GB HDD (Which I swapped out with a 120GB SSD, which also spoils me) and I was always deleting stuff, but now my PC has two 1TB HDDs, and I could add more if I really wanted.

Android phones, though this one is still kinda up in the air. I switched to an iPhone SE from my 2014 Droid Turbo because it was the cheapest option available on VZW, and it just shocks me sometimes to find out that iOS still doesn't have certain features (battery stats & data usage graph are missed for sure). The iOS Fleksy keyboard pales in comparison to the Android version (crashes, doesn't work with Firefox??, other weird things). Firefox doesn't have extensions, which means I don't have an ad blocker in my browser anymore. 

4G LTE, because holy hell is 3G slow.

My CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with MX Blue switches. I HATE typing on membrane keyboards now. I've considered on multiple occasions bringing it into school for my programming class, but I have a feeling that my classmates would hate me...

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Ssd 

High end hardware (mainly gpu ) 

Long video cards ( while this doesn't mean the card is fast ,  having a 30cm triple fan card just feels powerful.  A mini itx 7inch card just isn't the same. ) 

Steam and cloud games ( remember needing the disk to play games ? ) 

Fast internet 

Smartphones

Battery banks (i travel a lot,  and having only one charge on my devices doesn't cut it ) 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Windows Aero Snap (Windows 7 and newer). Anytime I'm messing with Vista or earlier (for some unknown reason), I can't stand not being able to snap windows.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Hmmm, I have to say my K70 keyboard, now all keyboards that have rubber domes bother me when I type.

I actually miss cable internet.  Being stuck on a satellite that cost about twice the amount, higher pings, and a 20GB cap, sucks major.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU