Help... Toaster. What do I do?

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

As far as I can tell your CPU is 100% functional with no problems. The low TDP makes me wonder, but your time is all in the c0 state and not c3 or c6 or c7, which would have produced "high speed/util" but "bad performance".

Is your laptop still functioning badly? If it is, and your OS has been cleanly installed, then your CPU probably is broken, or your RAM/motherboard is problematic. Try memtest and AIDA64 for memory? See if your RAM throws some errors? If not, then we can rule that out. Please do use more than one RAM test; single tests will not grab everything. If even one error is repeatable in any of the RAM tests we'll have found our culprit.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just now, D2ultima said:

As far as I can tell your CPU is 100% functional with no problems. The low TDP makes me wonder, but your time is all in the c0 state and not c3 or c6 or c7, which would have produced "high speed/util" but "bad performance".

Is your laptop still functioning badly? If it is, and your OS has been cleanly installed, then your CPU probably is broken, or your RAM/motherboard is problematic. Try memtest and AIDA64 for memory? See if your RAM throws some errors? If not, then we can rule that out. Please do use more than one RAM test; single tests will not grab everything. If even one error is repeatable in any of the RAM tests we'll have found our culprit.

I'll do memtest, then, but I haven't had any BSOD in months. Almost never had actually

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I'll do memtest, then, but I haven't had any BSOD in months. Almost never had actually

BSOD isn't required. Memory can still produce errors. Errors that don't result in a BSOD can result in time lag between sending commands. For a small example let's check this:

Say you have 1600MHz 11-11-11-27-2T like my older garbage RAM. You probably do. In fact I'll assume you do until you tell me otherwise. God damn that RAM is such shit. Anyway, let me get on with it. Screw laptop makers for selling that shit as standard tho. Anyway.

11-11-11-27 means that 11... is it ms? I'll go with ms for simplicity. 11ms passes before each clock cycle for the corresponding timing (and obviously 27 for the last one, which I believe is the full refresh time for everything). Once a cycle hits, 1600MHz worth of calculations happen during that cycle.

See the 2T? That means that when new information is requested, or completing calculations are ready to export etc, they need to happen after two cycles. So, the RAM goes like this:

--> new request on cycle 1

--> meow

--> request #1 pushed to RAM

--> calculating cycle

--> end of cycle, request #2 pushed to RAM

--> calculating cycle

--> end of cycle, request #1 pushed out of RAM, request #3 pushed to RAM

Get it? 1T doesn't have that wait. It sends on the next available cycle, so it's a solid improvement in the aggregate bandwidth of RAM.

Now, let's say you've got an error. Your request #3 didn't push correctly. This means it's set to request #4 to push it again, and requests #4 onward are pushed back down the queue. This means you need to wait a whole other four cycles before you get request #3 completed. As you can probably tell, this is extremely slow. It's FAR less of a detriment with 1T RAM (or the fabled 0T that I've only heard legends of), but still a detriment nonetheless. If your RAM is indeed throwing errors that doesn't cause a BSOD but is indeed causing stability problems and requests to fail and require being re-sent, then your system's slowness can be explained.

I've seen it happen before with overclocks. Mr. Fox on the NBR forums pushed some G.Skill RAM he had to 2400MHz with the same timings as 2133MHz, and it was "stable" for stress etc. But his benchmarks for the RAM were lower than when he had it at 2133MHz, indicating some errors, most likely what I just explained above. The 2400MHz speed was probably too much at the timings he had, so it broke the RAM's stability but didn't make it unstable enough that it fails at running the OS. Your sticks aren't overclocked, of course. But if they're tossing errors like that to a frequent tempo, then that would easily explain your system's slowness.

Again, this is me eliminating all possibilities. Can't find the root cause without checking everything.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

14 hours ago, D2ultima said:

This is my ram. I 2 stick of 8 gigs because my PC was only shipped with 1 stick of 4, I don't know the speed of the original stick, but I'm sure I can find it online. My actual RAM doesn't look that bad, following what you said then, since it's 1T. Since I don't have the time to do a Memtest because it looks like a bit complicated while studying, I'll try out AIDA64 and see if there are some errors. 

99eb3ef2d407c3190020eb1d2d538e3f.png
https://gyazo.com/99eb3ef2d407c3190020eb1d2d538e3f

This is my ram. I 2 stick of 8 gigs because my PC was only shipped with 1 stick of 4, I don't know the speed of the original stick, but I'm sure I can find it online. My actual RAM doesn't look that bad, following what you said then, since it's 1T. Since I don't have the time to do a Memtest because it looks like a bit complicated while studying, I'll try out AIDA64 and see if there are some errors. 

99eb3ef2d407c3190020eb1d2d538e3f.png
https://gyazo.com/99eb3ef2d407c3190020eb1d2d538e3f

You've got 1600MHz 11-11-11-28-1T so that's better than I thought, though it's still not so great. Also try OCCT TM5 test. If you fail within the first five seconds your RAM is screwed. If you don't you're fine and it's probably the CPU.

1 minute ago, D2ultima said:

You've got 1600MHz 11-11-11-28-1T so that's better than I thought, though it's still not so great. Also try OCCT TM5 test. If you fail within the first five seconds your RAM is screwed. If you don't you're fine and it's probably the CPU.

I'd like to point out that I never did a BIOS update simply because the process scared me when I searched how to do it. On the aide 64 there's something called "bios update" but when I click on it it sends me on a sketchy website. I don't know if the BIOS would change much, tho

Just now, The Belgian Waffle said:

I'd like to point out that I never did a BIOS update simply because the process scared me when I searched how to do it. On the aide 64 there's something called "bios update" but when I click on it it sends me on a sketchy website. I don't know if the BIOS would change much, tho

If the CPU was working before then a BIOS update isn't required. Unless the problems started happening shortly after installing Windows 10, in which case I'd quicker say W10 broke your motherboard (because that has happened).

4 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

If the CPU was working before then a BIOS update isn't required. Unless the problems started happening shortly after installing Windows 10, in which case I'd quicker say W10 broke your motherboard (because that has happened).

Launched aida 64 stability test and nothing has crashed, I don't see any errors being spit out anywhere. I don't know what's "OCCT TM5 test, I couldn't find it

Launched aida 64 stability test and nothing has crashed, I don't see any errors being spit out anywhere. I don't know what's "OCCT TM5 test, I couldn't find it

http://www.ocbase.com/index.php/download

Does this look ok? My machine still didn't explode :P 

704716da3661f795875fd1ae2b205dbd.png
https://gyazo.com/704716da3661f795875fd1ae2b205dbd

That's actually a CPU torture test, but... you're throttling. At 61c. That's near impossible for you to only have 61c on that CPU. Can you take a screenshot including throttlestop's main window AND limit reasons while you run that test for me?

That's actually a CPU torture test, but... you're throttling. At 61c. That's near impossible for you to only have 61c on that CPU. Can you take a screenshot including throttlestop's main window AND limit reasons while you run that test for me?

I'll do that in a sec. So you're saying either the throttling limit is too low, or the temp sensor broke? 

I'll do that in a sec. So you're saying either the throttling limit is too low, or the temp sensor broke? 

Something is extremely weird, I think. I just want to see. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to find the TM5 test for you.

Something is extremely weird, I think. I just want to see. I'm trying to figure out exactly where to find the TM5 test for you.

Yep, couldn't find TM5 anywhere so I ran the more obvious thing I could find :P

Yep, couldn't find TM5 anywhere so I ran the more obvious thing I could find :P

http://testmem.tz.ru/tm5.rar found it. (It triggers a download link)

Thanks. How much should I let it run? 

If you pass the first five seconds I hear you're fine. Be wary of a BSOD if it does have errors though.

This should mean I'm fine then. 

dc37acea739934a784e03c73391467b5.png
https://gyazo.com/dc37acea739934a784e03c73391467b5
Concerning the other test, I'm gonna send you that in a minute

Yup seems your memory is fine.

hit "TPL" on throttlestop and show me a screenshot.

Ok, what we have here is that your current limit is shit and Gigabyte doesn't want to allow you to change it. That should at LEAST be 72A, and I would even go so far as to say 100A to be safe.

But that's not a reason as to why your CPU could be so bloody slow. If this is the case, really, I think your CPU probably indeed is broken. You can go ahead and tell gigabyte that no matter what you can't get the CPU to even hit 70°C on either core and yet still even at full speed the system is very slow.

Also, if you could run the 32M TSBench with 4 threads and allow it to complete without doing anything else on the system and tell me the time, that would probably help.

4 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Ok, what we have here is that your current limit is shit and Gigabyte doesn't want to allow you to change it. That should at LEAST be 72A, and I would even go so far as to say 100A to be safe.

This is not my comfortable zone, so you'll have to walk me through a bit : what's "A"? 

TSBench : 19.554