ASUS H110M-K vs ASUS B150M-A (Both DDR4)

I have created a previous topic about whether DDR4 RAM and an extra PCI-Express slot is worth the extra money. In the end, I decided to get a single PCI-Express motherboard paired with 4 slots of DDR4 memory but I'm still not very sure about my choice. Now, is it worth the extra 132 MYR (32 USD) for:
1. Extra 2 slots of DDR4 memory
2. Extra 2 SATA III ports
3. Extra 1 Case Fan socket (I have 2 case fans so I need to get a Y-splitter to use both if I went with the H110M-K)

4. Extra 2 USB 3.0 ports in exchange for 2 USB 2.0 ports
5. HDMI output (I will be using a GPU though)
6. ASUS LAN Guard (Based on ASUS's product page)
7. USB 5Gb/s Type-C port (Supports 3A power output - I can't seem to find this port on the motherboard, could anyone show me?)

Site I will buy ASUS H110M-K from
ASUS H110M-K Product Page
Site I will buy ASUS B150M-A from

ASUS B150M-A Product Page

Thanks! :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Kind of depends on you , are you going to populate 2 extra ram slots, so you need the extra USB connectivity , does the extra fan really need to be used ? 

1 minute ago, Juggern0ttt said:

Kind of depends on you , are you going to populate 2 extra ram slots, so you need the extra USB connectivity , does the extra fan really need to be used ? 

Yes, I would like to utilize both fans in my case, but I could get a Y-splitter. The thing is, are the 7 advantages worth the extra money?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

2 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Yes, I would like to utilize both fans in my case, but I could get a Y-splitter. The thing is, are the 7 advantages worth the extra money?

If you're  going to use them yes, if you're  not than no 

I'd say 2 extra ram slots is worth the price difference 

I would not consider H110, it's a bottom of the barrel PCH - the 6 PCIe lanes coming from it are gen 2 !!!

It only depends on if you're going to use the extra features or not. If you aren't, then don't waste money, though make sure you also get a good quality board.

H110 motherboards are limited to two DIMM slots, but in the near future, I don't see most people needing more than 16 GB of RAM with it, or maybe even 8 GB, anyway. If you aren't "most people" and need more than 32 GB of RAM, this is not your board.

A single HDD and SSD leaves you with two, or one if you also use an optical drive. If you need more than this, go with the B150 board, but most people are going to be fine with just four ports.

The case fan headers might be worth considering if you're super anal about cable management, but I doubt using a splitter will hurt.

The USB 3.0 ports... maybe. If you need a lot of USB 3.0 devices plugged in, I can see why this would matter.

Do you need a Type C port?

3 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

It only depends on if you're going to use the extra features or not. If you aren't, then don't waste money, though make sure you also get a good quality board.

H110 motherboards are limited to two DIMM slots, but in the near future, I don't see most people needing more than 16 GB of RAM with it, or maybe even 8 GB, anyway. If you aren't "most people" and need more than 32 GB of RAM, this is not your board.

A single HDD and SSD leaves you with two, or one if you also use an optical drive. If you need more than this, go with the B150 board, but most people are going to be fine with just four ports.

The case fan headers might be worth considering if you're super anal about cable management, but I doubt using a splitter will hurt.

The USB 3.0 ports... maybe. If you need a lot of USB 3.0 devices plugged in, I can see why this would matter.

Do you need a Type C port?

That's a lot of info :) By the way, what is a Type C port used for?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

18 minutes ago, zMeul said:

it's a bottom of the barrel PCH

What do you mean by that?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

1 minute ago, Freezanator said:

What do you mean by that?

exactly that, it's the worst chipset available for the LGA1151 platform

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

But it is also the cheapest :|

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

5 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

That's a lot of info :) By the way, what is a Type C port used for?

You can think of it right now as a different-shaped USB port. It's reversible, meaning you don't have to worry about plugging it in the wrong way.

23 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I would not consider H110, it's a bottom of the barrel PCH - the 6 PCIe lanes coming from it are gen 2 !!!

Does the OP need the chipset to have PCIe 3.0 lanes?

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

You can't say something is the worst unless it's actually bad. This is merely a budget platform. They have the advantage of cost and the disadvantage of a lack of features.

6 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

Does the OP need the chipset to have PCIe 3.0 lanes?

how would I know?! I'm informing him so he can make a decision

worst doesn't mean bad

but it's not something I would spend money on, unless it's an ITX board with zero room for expansion

worst doesn't mean bad

but it's not something I would spend money on, unless it's an ITX board with zero room for expansion

So, you're saying I should get the B150M motherboard?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

Just now, zMeul said:

worst doesn't mean bad

but it's not something I would spend money on

Of course it's not something you would spend money on. I likely wouldn't buy one of these boards, either.

However, it may be worthwhile for the OP to save some money if the extra features that normally come with the higher-end budget motherboards like B150 and H170 boards aren't going to be used, anyway. The money could be either put to better use, or I suppose just not used at all.

7 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

So, you're saying I should get the B150M motherboard?

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm informing you of the differences between the B150 and H110 PCHs

you know the exact use case scenario for your PC - B150 board has 2 more SATA ports and 64GB of max RAM compared to 32GB (for the H110 board)

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm informing you of the differences between the B150 and H110 PCHs

you know the exact use case scenario for your PC

Ok, what are the use case scenarios of each motherboard then? :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

4 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Ok, what are the use case scenarios of each motherboard then? :) 

how would I know?!

• I don't buy ITX nor mATX boards, only ATX and up - it limits expandability, it's easier to just plug in a PCie card than to replace a mobo
  • if you need more than 4 SATA ports, what do you do?! you're diagnosing something .. dunno .. use case scenario
  • seriously don't get hang up on ASUS, especially for non OC mobos

30 minutes ago, zMeul said:

how would I know?!

• I don't buy ITX nor mATX boards, only ATX and up - it limits expandability, it's easier to just plug in a PCie card than to replace a mobo
  • if you need more than 4 SATA ports, what do you do?! you're diagnosing something .. dunno .. use case scenario
  • seriously don't get hang up on ASUS, especially for non OC mobos

There are mATX boards that support dual GPU setups, like the Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H, but it only supports Crossfire. Also, could you give me a situation where you would need 4 SATA ports for diagnosing a problem? Last of all, are you saying ASUS sucks when it comes to their warranties?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

3 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

There are mATX boards that support dual GPU setups, like the Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H, but it only supports Crossfire. Also, could you give me a situation where you would need 4 SATA ports for diagnosing a problem? Last of all, are you saying ASUS sucks when it comes to their warranties?

I already have 4 SATA drives in my system

and I haven't said anything about ASUS' warranty; depends where you buy it, there might be cheaper mobos than paying extra for ASUS

the expandability is not limited to how many video cards you want in your system

I already have 4 SATA drives in my system

and I haven't said anything about ASUS' warranty; depends where you buy it, there might be cheaper mobos than paying extra for ASUS

the expandability is not limited to how many video cards you want in your system

Ok I understand the first 2 points. I'm not clear about the last one. Could you explain further? :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

4 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

Ok I understand the first 2 points. I'm not clear about the last one. Could you explain further? :) 

example:

board A - ASUS, H110 - 59$

board B - not ASUS, B150 - 61$

do you buy boar A because it's ASUS or you buy the board B because it's B150 chipset?

example:

board A - ASUS, H110 - 59$

board B - not ASUS, B150 - 61$

do you buy boar A because it's ASUS or you buy the board B because it's B150 chipset?

In this example, do both boards have the same specs?

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

Just now, Freezanator said:

In this example, do both boards have the same specs?

no, they don't have the same specs, they are diff chipsets .. :dry:

no, they don't have the same specs, they are diff chipsets .. :dry:

Whoops, I forgot about the chipset :P. Hmm... I'd go with the B150M chipset because its a damn good deal in my country, but this example has nothing to do with my question at all. :( 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300