Tired of Windows 10 forced updates? Here's how to disable them, for good. [1 min video]

I got extremely tired of windows 10 updates being forced upon me, but was unable to find any helpful information out on the googles. 
So I called microsoft, and... They told me. Stupid simple. 

*link removed*

Hope I ease some of your guy's frustrations. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I wonder how long that'll last. The only thing I was able to do was turn on metered connections and in the case of my desktop, create a group policy to disable updates.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

2 minutes ago, TDP_Equinox said:

I got extremely tired of windows 10 updates being forced upon me, but was unable to find any helpful information out on the googles. 
So I called microsoft, and... They told me. Stupid simple. 

Link

Hope I ease some of your guy's frustrations. 

Only works for Pro iirc

People are still holding out? Gave up months ago and can't go back to 7,too used to 10 lol

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Only works for Pro iirc

Nope, works in any version. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

4 minutes ago, TDP_Equinox said:

Nope, works in any version. 

For the home edition you can delay them, and choose when it occurs, but not completely get rid of them, you need pro/education/enterprise to do that.

EDIT: you also might want to remove the link and explain it in words, the link could be seen as advertising.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Nice video. Another way to disable Windows updates in Windows 10 is to use the Edit Group Policy application, which is only available in Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions of Windows 10. But, if using the EGP application, then system warning notifications also has to be turned off in the notification settings panel, otherwise Windows will keep making annoying notifications that certain features have been disabled.

Group Policy editor.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

People are still holding out? Gave up months ago and can't go back to 7,too used to 10 lol

I use both, and, to me, the only difference so far is the interface, some things not running as easily on 10, and 10 being a constant nuisance. Overall, I think that 7 has a more efficient and convenient design, but that 10 has a psychological factor of being new-ish. For the most part, switching between them is like using the same OS.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

15 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

For the home edition you can delay them, and choose when it occurs, but not completely get rid of them, you need pro/education/enterprise to do that.

EDIT: you also might want to remove the link and explain it in words, the link could be seen as advertising.

I could post my script for the video but isn't it honestly easier to watch a 1 minute long video?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Nice video. Another way to disable Windows updates in Windows 10 is to use the Edit Group Policy application, which is only available in Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions of Windows 10. But, if using the EGP application, then system warning notifications also has to be turned off in the notification settings panel, otherwise Windows will keep making annoying notifications that certain features have been disabled.

Group Policy editor.jpg

I use both, and, to me, the only difference so far is the interface, some things not running as easily on 10, and 10 being a constant nuisance. Overall, I think that 7 has a more efficient and convenient design, but that 10 has a psychological factor of being new-ish. For the most part, switching between them is like using the same OS.

GPE isnt available in pro anymore as of anniversary update iirc.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just now, TDP_Equinox said:

I could post my script for the video but isn't it honestly easier to watch a 1 minute long video?

It isn't about that at all it wouldn't matter if is was even 5 seconds long, it is about advertising your youtube channel to people.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

4 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

GPE isnt available in pro anymore as of anniversary update iirc.

It's still there. It is supposedly select functions related to the Windows store application that no longer work in Pro: http://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

6 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

It isn't about that at all it wouldn't matter if is was even 5 seconds long, it is about advertising your youtube channel to people.

I get what you're saying... but that isn't it at all. I make 1-2 videos per quarter and only to showcase things like this so...

I mean I get it, but obviously I want people to watch the video. I didn't make the video to go viral or anything, I found a lack of information on the internet and filled the gap with my own knowledge. A youtube video is much easier for someone to follow than a lengthy post on a forum.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

9 hours ago, TDP_Equinox said:

I get what you're saying... but that isn't it at all. I make 1-2 videos per quarter and only to showcase things like this so...

I mean I get it, but obviously I want people to watch the video. I didn't make the video to go viral or anything, I found a lack of information on the internet and filled the gap with my own knowledge. A youtube video is much easier for someone to follow than a lengthy post on a forum.

it's not about the amount of video you post, the community standards don't allow for YouTube videos to be posted;

No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material

• eBay/trading sites
  • Referral links
  • Personal websites or businesses
  • Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !