Noob Streamer Frame Restrictions with OBS

Though I may be a noob at streaming and Twitch in general I am by no means a noob when it comes to Hardware and Software as many of you likely already know. This is especially when it comes to video encoding but this one has me stumped.

I started using OBS Studio to stream and record my podcast/livestream for my website the other week. This is however not the issue. I also switched to using it for streaming games every now an then because I have has issues with ShadowPlay ever since they changed it to Share. This is where the issue is.

When using share Rocket League would be stuttery and basically unplayable. When using OBS Rocket League seems capped at ~30fps. It is normally 60fps V-Synced. This is with just the preview window open without recording or streaming. The same happens without V-Sync and its even lower 23-26fps. I have found CSGO to have the same exact issue and caps around 40fps where im normally doing 150fps+. I have also tried COD4 Remaster and it does not have the issue and seems unaffected.

I have been searching for a couple days now in my free time and this is the closest to what I have and game me the idea to try CSGO as well. https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/fps-drop-while-recording-streaming-since-yesterday.51486/

I am steaming using the nvidia encoder but nothing changes when i go to x264. It seems like just the act of OBS Studio capturing the games. My system is in my profile and I have not upgraded to Anniversary due to a number of things with it.

Hopefully some of you have experience with this or have run into it so that I can resolve the issue.

anyone have ideas? The odd thing is shadow playu and share working fine and then not. Maybe possible a driver or update issue?