Radeon settings wont run becuase Qt5().dll is missing

Go to solution Solved by jools,

download Guru3D's DDU and clean out those old drivers. then get a fresh copy (re-download amd drivers) then install , check amd folder for QT files(I don't know where) to see if they installed . PS don't install Gaming Evolved there just adverts/feedback

So I saw that AMD released a new driver for their 400 line of GPUs, so I went ahead and upgraded to the latest driver. But soon after I was playing skyrim se and got the red screen of death. And it has done this for other games also like war thunder. So I cleared the driver from my pc and loaded the same driver again and the problem seems to be gone, but now radeon settings refuses to run because of this error.

Help?

amd1.PNG

amd4.PNG

amd3.PNG

amd2.PNG

hi saw this on reddit.com

Had this exact same issue, apparently AMD accidentally released a couple versions of the Radeon Software (e.g. 16.5.2.1) that don't correctly install with the Qt5 .dll's it needs to run.

My fix was using Guru3D's DDU to uninstall whatever AMD software was on the computer, then installing 16.2.

After that, I checked the CCCNext folder to see if the Qt5 .dll's were present and they were- launched Radeon Settings and it worked fine.

Checked for new software versions and it installed 16.3 for some reason, went through the install and this worked fine as well.

Finally I checked for a new software version on 16.3 and it detected 16.5.2.1 and began installing it- note that I never installed Gaming Evolved. Currently happily using the latest Radeon Settings version with no issues.

Hope this helps someone!

I know not same card but same issue, def driver issue install

3 hours ago, jools said:

hi saw this on reddit.com

Had this exact same issue, apparently AMD accidentally released a couple versions of the Radeon Software (e.g. 16.5.2.1) that don't correctly install with the Qt5 .dll's it needs to run.

My fix was using Guru3D's DDU to uninstall whatever AMD software was on the computer, then installing 16.2.

After that, I checked the CCCNext folder to see if the Qt5 .dll's were present and they were- launched Radeon Settings and it worked fine.

Checked for new software versions and it installed 16.3 for some reason, went through the install and this worked fine as well.

Finally I checked for a new software version on 16.3 and it detected 16.5.2.1 and began installing it- note that I never installed Gaming Evolved. Currently happily using the latest Radeon Settings version with no issues.

Hope this helps someone!

I know not same card but same issue, def driver issue install

Thanks, so what would you recomend for me?

download Guru3D's DDU and clean out those old drivers. then get a fresh copy (re-download amd drivers) then install , check amd folder for QT files(I don't know where) to see if they installed . PS don't install Gaming Evolved there just adverts/feedback

On 11/9/2016 at 6:21 AM, jools said:

did it work, reply mite help others

SO SORRY 

I had a very busy week and could not find time to reply

It did, but then it ran into the driver and the new windows blue screen issue

even the new released driver didnt work

But, as stupid as this may sound, i di not use my pc for 24 hours and I have not encounterd any issues with playing my games or with anything else

But thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it!