New info released on the Calyos fanless PCs

1 minute ago, W-L said:

There are difference between fittings usually not in material or design but more so in manufacturing where some may have much stricter tolerances and control over what is acceptable.  That can help ensure it's longevity but of course given enough volume and time there will always be a few that slip by and fail over time.

I understand that, but it's quite the assumption to make that just because you pay more for a fitting means it's better. 

Bitspower and Barrow used to be made in the same factory in China until Bitspower found out about Barrow undercutting by a huge margin while using literally the same machines.

5 hours ago, Enderman said:

Same, I'm waiting to see pics of the small case they teased :)

I saw this video by Hardware Canucks a few days ago and even though this case only supports really low power stuff I like the concept and the design.

6 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I saw this video by Hardware Canucks a few days ago and even though this case only supports really low power stuff I like the concept and the design.

Well the small one they teased looks to be about that size :)

bandicam 2016-11-07 15-10-34-834.png

And cube too! I like cubes :) Reminds me of Minecraft.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 5 weeks later...

bandicam 2017-01-15 16-02-15-843.png

bandicam 2017-01-15 16-02-39-356.png

bandicam 2017-01-15 16-02-55-844.png

bandicam 2017-01-15 16-03-12-615.png

So the fanless NSG S0 is coming soon, it looks like one of the thermaltake cases but I can't find any thermaltake case that is exactly like that with the GPU on the right.

Custom case maybe?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Higher res images:

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Custom case? ^

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Thermaltake case ^

unnamed (4).jpg

Silverstone case ^

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

From what I can see, the unique thing about Calyos is that they passively cool both the processor and the graphics card. Others, including the mentioned cubes, connect only the processor to the case, and will require a passively cooled graphics card on its own to be used to keep it a fully fanless build.

So, I am impatiently waiting for the Calyos Kickstarter to show up, with more details about which systems they will support (Ryzen, anyone?) and hoping that the shipping cost (within Europe) of this heavy case will not be too high.

1 minute ago, tridy said:

From what I can see, the unique thing about Calyos is that they passively cool both the processor and the graphics card. Others, including the mentioned cubes, connect only the processor to the case, and will require a passively cooled graphics card on its own to be used to keep it a fully fanless build.

So, I am impatiently waiting for the Calyos Kickstarter to show up, with more details about which systems they will support (Ryzen, anyone?) and hoping that the shipping cost (within Europe) of this heavy case will not be too high.

The unique thing is that they use flexible closed loop heat pipes that cycle the fluid around, not like a regular heatpipe which is rigid and not a loop.

I would consider this more like watercooling than heatpipes.

This allows for much more effective heat dissipation using larger heatsinks and easier to set up and more component compatibility due to the non-fixed cooling blocks.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The unique thing is that they use flexible closed loop heat pipes that cycle the fluid around, not like a regular heatpipe which is rigid and not a loop.

I would consider this more like watercooling than heatpipes.

This allows for much more effective heat dissipation using larger heatsinks and easier to set up and more component compatibility due to the non-fixed cooling blocks.

Of course, you are absolutely right.

The loop heat pipes spreading the heat across the huge heatsink is what makes it (connecting both CPU and GPU) even possible in the first place.

I wonder what M & S models will look and perform like.

The hope is:

March - Kickstarter

September - something ... shipment? :)

(twitter picture from Calyos

calyos.jpg

Pricing is very good. I will probably get one if they are available in the UK. They won't be making a huge profit but they have probably somewhat set-up tooling to build these fast enough to bring costs down a lot.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

19 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is there supposed to be a Kickstarter or just a normal retail launch eventually?

It said kickstarter in the email for the diy kit, but I am pretty sure they plan on selling it as a complete PC too.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It said kickstarter in the email for the diy kit, but I am pretty sure they plan on selling it as a complete PC too.

I'd hope it gets beyond a Kickstarter.  It's an interesting idea but depending on thr cost it might be too much for some people to risk on a Kickstarter.  

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, tridy said:

Do you think DIY kit will support Team Red?

No idea.

Spoiler

got a reply via Twitter from Calyos that it will support AMD processors.

Q: Will it support Red Team processors?

A: Are you asking if it will support AMD proc? If yes, it will.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.calyos-tm.com/kickstarter/

479 Euros for the first 100, pretty expensive, about the same price as a case + custom watercooling loop.

Fanless_NSG_S0_Calyos_Watermod_side.png

Fanless_NSG_S0_Calyos_Watermod_face.png

NSG_S0_Calyos_Watermod_2.png

It is a fully custom case, with two separate heatsinks for the CPU (side) and GPU (front)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

I'm a fan. Pun intended. 

giphy.gif

700$CAD for it!?
God damn.... As much as I like the idea of fan-less/noise-less PC, that's just too much for me. I may as well just put the computer in another room and run cables through the wall.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

700$CAD for it!?
God damn.... As much as I like the idea of fan-less/noise-less PC, that's just too much for me. I may as well just put the computer in another room and run cables through the wall.

Dat Lian-Li tax

57 minutes ago, Enderman said:

http://www.calyos-tm.com/kickstarter/

479 Euros for the first 100, pretty expensive, about the same price as a case + custom watercooling loop.

Fanless_NSG_S0_Calyos_Watermod_side.png

Fanless_NSG_S0_Calyos_Watermod_face.png

NSG_S0_Calyos_Watermod_2.png

It is a fully custom case, with two separate heatsinks for the CPU (side) and GPU (front)

Without the risk of pump (#fuckCMseidon) or fan failure (still have only had it happen once due to overheating-the bearing seized)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 11/8/2016 at 9:16 AM, Enderman said:

(bump)

when i first saw this my first reaction was

if i use this, i wounder if people will stop complaining about the noise from the servers

hmmm.....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

I don't think it is a big price for keeping a gaming PC fanless, because I have a thing - I don't like any spinning parts in computers.

Power consumption should be better in this one.

And i hope this thing will last.

I think the first 100 on kickstarter will be gone pretty fast.