New info released on the Calyos fanless PCs

So a few months ago I contacted them to see if they were selling just the cooling system and case, and the reply was no because it would be too complicated for a user to set up themselves.

They also told me that they were preparing a line of systems at different price points around $1k-$5k euros.

Today I got an email with a lot more information, including THREE OTHER fanless case+cooling designs!

Also:

• Do It Yourself products: “Cooling + Casing” solutions are under development to answer Do It Yourself addicts’ demand;

Here is all the info you can read for yourself (this information cannot be found on their website yet, so it's a pretty exclusive first look :) )

bandicam 2016-11-07 15-10-22-634.png

bandicam 2016-11-07 15-10-34-834.png

bandicam 2016-11-07 15-10-51-210.png

Source: my email

Website: http://www.calyos-tm.com/calyos-fanless-pc-workstation/

Any guesses on what the other cases are going to be? Maybe more from Lian-Li?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm quite concerned on the SFF. How the hell will that cool everything is beyond me. Really excited. 

And I like how you posted the pics, nice touch there. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Exciting... Price point seems cheap at $500USD too!

I'll probably go down the WS way myself, but the Medium 400W package seems good (i7-4790k + 1080ti). 

pretty cool, i wonder what pricing is going to be like because the price for the raw materials is prettyyyyy high. i wouldn't be surprised if it ran into the 1000 euro, i would be pleasantly surprised if it sold at <600. and would be amazed if it sold at <400

5 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Exciting... Price point seems cheap at $500USD too!

I agree, isn't custom water loop more or less that cost as well? Heck even more? And that's without a case cost included!

10 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

I agree, isn't custom water loop more or less that cost as well? Heck even more? And that's without a case cost included!

More... I'm pretty sure I spent ~$1000 on my dual loop setup by the time you get 2x D5 Vario PWM pumps, 400mm Res, and a 360mm + 480mm Rad + lots of fittings it adds up quickly. 

16 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm quite concerned on the SFF. How the hell will that cool everything is beyond me. Really excited. 

There already are fanless MITX systems on the market, obviously not with a 6700k or anything like that though.

The great thing about the Calyos fanless system is that you have flexible heat pipes that go to an easily removable block on the GPU or CPU, rather than current fanless systems that have a solid heatpipe that attaches to the case.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

it's not really silent, i'm sure i'll be able to listen the electrons flow

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

It's fanless, not silent.

Technically nothing with vibrating atoms can ever be silent.

So yeah, this is the best we've got.

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

It depends. this is all single gpu as far as I know, and that can be done for basically 300 dollars or so if you do things smart.

But yea it's not a bad price.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

It depends. this is all single gpu as far as I know, and that can be done for basically 300 dollars or so if you do things smart.

But yea it's not a bad price.

For a good quality loop with a CPU+GPU block it's at least $500.

And by good quality I don't mean cheaping out and buying a DDC pump, cheaper EK fittings, etc..

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, Enderman said:

For a good quality loop with a CPU+GPU block it's at least $500.

And by good quality I don't mean cheaping out and buying a DDC pump, cheaper EK fittings, etc..

Ehh I mean some things are just overkill, but yea the price can quickly get out of control if you don't select carefully.

It should be noted though that the 500W equivalent was the 500 dollar version, and for only 500W a 360 single rad and a light pump is plenty good enough.

An EK 360 Predator and a prefilled qdc gpu waterblock is right around 350-400 dollars, which is a pretty good high quality set (only drawback being the lighter pump). similar swiftech based things would probably be done for about the 300 I was thinking.

500 dollars is probably better for a loop that will work well with further expansion (but given the lack of expansion in this defacto, I wasn't considering it).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

7 hours ago, Enderman said:

There already are fanless MITX systems on the market, obviously not with a 6700k or anything like that though.

The great thing about the Calyos fanless system is that you have flexible heat pipes that go to an easily removable block on the GPU or CPU, rather than current fanless systems that have a solid heatpipe that attaches to the case.

I was thinking more in the line of high end systems in SFF since some will want to have just that. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I was thinking more in the line of high end systems in SFF since some will want to have just that. 

True, but even liquid cooling in SFF is really hard.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

True, but even liquid cooling in SFF is really hard.

Hence why I'm curious as to what they have in plan. :D

Pricey, I know people like silence, but I mean if your gaming with volume and good headphones you just don't hear them. Can't hear my gpu on 100% and other fans on my case when on 100%

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

If you listen closely you'll be able to hear the NSA and government spying on you. 

4 minutes ago, CookieMaster said:

Pricey, I know people like silence, but I mean if your gaming with volume and good headphones you just don't hear them. Can't hear my gpu on 100% and other fans on my case when on 100%

If you listen closely you'll be able to hear the NSA and government spying on you. 

Most people who use PCs are not gamers.

Also, many people (like me) hate wearing headphones.

Also, microphones pick up surrounding noise, so a quiet PC is extremely important for a content creator.

Spoiler

Linus's video got my attention to the product. When its released I might look at the small HTPC thing, pair it up with an i3/non-K i5 (or Zen) and an RX470 or something (or whatever card AMD has by the time this is released).

Ye ole' train

11 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm quite concerned on the SFF. How the hell will that cool everything is beyond me.

What do you mean, 200 watts max TDP on the SFF (vs. the 500 watt TDP limit on the ATX tower) sounds perfectly reasonable?  

It'll obviously have less impressive specs, something like a 6700T and a GTX 1060 (maybe a 1070), but I don't think it'll have any issues cooling them.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

4 hours ago, mvitkun said:

What do you mean, 200 watts max TDP on the SFF (vs. the 500 watt TDP limit on the ATX tower) sounds perfectly reasonable?  

It'll obviously have less impressive specs, something like a 6700T and a GTX 1060 (maybe a 1070), but I don't think it'll have any issues cooling them.

I have explained few posts higher what I mean.

17 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Small form factor PC's don't output a lot of heat actually relative to their big cousins. a 65W i7 plus a 120W 1060 still fits in under that heat budget. Of course you won't be overclocking and it may not be capable of 8K gaming but for most people, this is more then enough.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

NEW INFORMATION!

So they just showed their "medium" workstation PC, which is 1 step below the one linus reviewed.

bandicam 2016-11-15 07-54-34-236.png

bandicam 2016-11-15 07-54-50-313.png

This time it looks like a non-lian-li case used. Looking forward to seeing it at CES!

Spoiler

Here's a bigger pic since you can't see it too well in my screenshot:

Displaying

Rear IO looks like it is getting rerouted to the left side, open air like the Thermaltake cases, but with the GPU laying flat for less wasted space.

Spoiler

Oh now that's nice and clean looking.

Bit of a bummer they only have HDMI on the back though. Would like to see some DisplayPort there as well for G-Sync/Freesync displays. @Enderman if you could poke them with an email and ask them if they have plans for other display outputs rather than just HDMI, that'd be great :) 

EDIT I also see (from the pictures Calyos has on their site) a lack of front I/O like USB and front audio. Or even a power button.

Ye ole' train