1ms monitor worth it?

ion4ryan

So is a monitor with 1ms such as the Asus vx238h a worth it monitor to get if you play a lot of rpg's and rts games? or should I get something with a good display like the Asus vx229h. thank you.

1ms and 10ms have barely any differences. Some won't notice.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

The only genre that really requires a higher refresh rate would be FPS, you will not see much of a difference if you're sticking to RPG and RTS games. 

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Not worth it. Latency doesn't really matter when they're as low as 1ms or 10ms. Go get a nice IPS panel. 

The Asus display you linked is GTG (grey to grey) and not black to black or white to white.  Because of this,  it's not really a 1ms display and is more like a 5ms display.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just get something like the ASUS PB Series PB238Q.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

sample and hold blur is around 10ms anyway so anything <10ms is good enough, don't let yourself fool into buying overpriced tn panels  ^_^

If its a 120/144hz screen the the price tag might be justified. IPS is not always the way to go.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

looking into that pannel, it is TN and you would be better off getting an IPS screen at that price point. Some of the ones that acer and Lg make are cheap and look good so that is a nice way to go(not that i would ever touch them, glossy bezels can go to helll).

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.