Console Mods For YouTube, Looking for input.

Hello all,

I plan to do a youtube in the future and I have been trying to get some plans together for videos, one of them is to mod classic consoles(paint to classic game themes, add LED's, other interesting things) and I was looking for inspiration.

What are some good themes to go with for a gamecube, gameboy, N64, PS1, Ps2(slim). Any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

its a little off of your idea but I had the idea of a portal based build (orange on the top-left/blue on the bottom-right) with some sort of mod/paint job to the case that I think would look pretty cool If I do say so myself. or even make a blue build with an orange waterloop. idk. something.

you could try to replicate a gamecube look or form factor and emulate all of the things on it for like a retrogaming rig with a flash drive or ssd with as many games as you can fit from gamecube on it.

• 3 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:08 AM, lettuce head said:

its a little off of your idea but I had the idea of a portal based build (orange on the top-left/blue on the bottom-right) with some sort of mod/paint job to the case that I think would look pretty cool If I do say so myself. or even make a blue build with an orange waterloop. idk. something.

you could try to replicate a gamecube look or form factor and emulate all of the things on it for like a retrogaming rig with a flash drive or ssd with as many games as you can fit from gamecube on it.

Wow that's actually some really good feedback, sorry for the delayed reply and necro'ing my own post. I actually think I may just turn to that kind of mod, throwing a raspberry pi 3 in there and doing it that way. I think it would turn out much cooler in the end.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

11 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Wow that's actually some really good feedback, sorry for the delayed reply and necro'ing my own post. I actually think I may just turn to that kind of mod, throwing a raspberry pi 3 in there and doing it that way. I think it would turn out much cooler in the end.

Glad i could help <3 i expect pics lol