Floatplane requires CreditCard?

When I try to join the floatplane club with PayPal, it asks me to add a CC to my account. I know for a fact that I have enough money as PP balance. Is there a reason for this or is it a glitch? @Slick @nicklmg @LinusTech

Screenshot_8.png

They probably messed up setting up Paypal and it won't accept a recurring charge through paypal. 

Floatplane is basically Vessel with a few extras.

Just now, Katsunaka said:

They probably messed up setting up Paypal and it won't accept a recurring charge through paypal. 

Floatplane is basically Vessel with a few extras.

But were you able to use Vessel with PayPal? I used iTunes gift cards.

What is this float plane thing? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

What is this float plane thing? 

It's LTT's own early access platform, since Vessel shut down.

49 minutes ago, CaseyMazur said:

But were you able to use Vessel with PayPal? I used iTunes gift cards.

I just used a credit card. 

I only use paypal when I sell stuff online, or I'm forced too.  The credit card I used was just a gift card visa. I load it with some money in the store, use it for online subscriptions(Floatplane, Netflix, and so on) , gas stations, amazon and so on. 

So I keep my real credit card number safe. It may be a little extreme but if my gift card number gets skimmed, it's only a little amount of money on it. Not my checking, savings linked CC that matters. 

The only places that really have my credit card number are Sprint, the local electric company, the gas company, the local dodge dealer, insurance and my bank who issued it. Places with serious security for keep cards safe.

Back when Target got hacked, I lost 10k. The bank I had refused to deal with it saying it was on target, target said that it was on Visa/MC to deal with it. Visa/MC basically gave me 2500 bucks of it back and nothing else. Since then, I take my CC number very seriously and very few places have it. 

I'd rather deal with loading money onto a gift card all the time than lose my money. I purposely keep less than 50 bucks on the gift card unless I'm making a larger purchase. 

1 hour ago, Katsunaka said:

I only use paypal when I sell stuff online, or I'm forced too.  The credit card I used was just a gift card visa. I load it with some money in the store, use it for online subscriptions(Floatplane, Netflix, and so on) , gas stations, amazon and so on. 

So I keep my real credit card number safe. It may be a little extreme but if my gift card number gets skimmed, it's only a little amount of money on it. Not my checking, savings linked CC that matters. 

The only places that really have my credit card number are Sprint, the local electric company, the gas company, the local dodge dealer, insurance and my bank who issued it. Places with serious security for keep cards safe.

Back when Target got hacked, I lost 10k. The bank I had refused to deal with it saying it was on target, target said that it was on Visa/MC to deal with it. Visa/MC basically gave me 2500 bucks of it back and nothing else. Since then, I take my CC number very seriously and very few places have it. 

I'd rather deal with loading money onto a gift card all the time than lose my money. I purposely keep less than 50 bucks on the gift card unless I'm making a larger purchase. 

Wow. I feel so bad for you. You deserve that $7500 back for their negligence. 

I just used my own Debit card and it worked fine...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

I have a debit card, usually with not much money on it. So I mean if it got skimmed, they wouldn't be able to get much.

Now if I had a credit card with a high credit limit then I would want to be precautious about its use. Fortunately I'm 16 (nearly 17) so I can't have one of those yet, and when I can, it wouldn't have a very high limit anyways.

I'd rather not use paypal if I didn't have to, but I guess when I have the money for it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

That's a paypal thing, and not something we have manually done, but I presume it's to do with the fact that it's a recurring payment, so they need to make sure you will be able to pay.

HTTP/2 203

I used my debit card and it worked fine, I heard there used to be a problem with using PayPal balance for like membership before...

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's a paypal thing, and not something we have manually done, but I presume it's to do with the fact that it's a recurring payment, so they need to make sure you will be able to pay.

Can confirm, this is the reason why @CaseyMazur. PayPal requires a form of backup payment method on file to ensure subscription based payments go through correctly in the event that your PayPal balance reaches zero. That said, you should be able to use either a Credit Card, or Visa / MC Gift Credit Card to make these payments.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 7 months later...

I want to get a Floatplane subscription but I do not have a credid card nor do i have a debid card. I live in europe, where paypal allows you to top off your paypal account using bancontact. I cannot get threw with the payment without using a credid card. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME??

1 hour ago, Thibi said:

I want to get a Floatplane subscription but I do not have a credid card nor do i have a debid card. I live in europe, where paypal allows you to top off your paypal account using bancontact. I cannot get threw with the payment without using a credid card. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME??

Have you payed something with your paypall before? It will only accept your bank details / connection when you have made 1 purchase. If you just opened a new account and put in your bank details, they will not process the transfer. This probably to avoid bots creating accounts and immediately being able to send money from a cracked bank account. Just wire transfer some money into Paypal and then pay something (can be as insignificant and paying 1c, I think. Should solve it.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

^ Besides that, PayPal doesn't support direct bank transfers outside US. You need to have funds on account before making purchase.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv