Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AyyLmfao

GTX 1070 for Predator x34

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So hey people. I'm going to a new monitor soon. I just need to know how well the 1070 performs on the Predator x34. I'm worried about how it performs on a 3440x1440p screen. The most heavily intense game I play rn is Rust. How much fps should I be getting, and what improvements will I notice with overclocking? My specs here:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($458.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($163.50 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($275.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($125.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($439.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  ($659.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($279.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($172.50 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit 
Total: $2571.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 19:23 AEDT+1100

 

P.S I want the Kraken x62 as my cpu cooler but it is only available in the US. How long does it take until it ships internationally? I use PCCASEGEAR to get my stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to reach the 144hz of the x34 you're probably going to use HIGH settings (so not ultra/nightmare/whatever) in most triple A titles, not sure about Rust though.

 

But since the monitor has G-Sync, 60 fps on Ultra settings will still be very nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

In order to reach the 144hz of the x34 you're probably going to use HIGH settings (so not ultra/nightmare/whatever) in most triple A titles, not sure about Rust though.

 

But since the monitor has G-Sync, 60 fps on Ultra settings will still be very nice.

 

60fps is fine for a game like Rust, but I'm pretty sure that the Predator x34 overclocks to 100hz... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AyyLmfao said:

60fps is fine for a game like Rust, but I'm pretty sure that the Predator x34 overclocks to 100hz... Correct me if I'm wrong.

x34 is 144hz

x34bmiphz (old) is 80hz and overclocks to 100hz (I thought)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will overall be enough with some small tweaks like high settings for the very demanding games etc, but as already mentioned it depends on games. The addition of Gsync will be your friend anyway.


The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

 

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, Gonio said:

It will overall be enough with some small tweaks like high settings for the very demanding games etc, but as already mentioned it depends on games. The addition of Gsync will be your friend anyway.

 

Okay. I will overclock my gpu if I have to. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, ReThorb_ said:

x34 is 144hz

x34bmiphz (old) is 80hz and overclocks to 100hz (I thought)

 

No, it's 100hz. I checked the website.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A well 100 is already nice. Imo the 40 Hz from 60 to 100 is a bigger noticable difference then 100 to 144... Probably diminishing returns on the percieving side.


The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

 

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×