Quick advice need! Is eyefinity a trade up from my 27' 1080?

Blarg

So im currently sitting on an asus 27' 1080p monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236295 and ive been looking to try out eyefinity for awhile. Newegg has a benq 21.5 inch display for 99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014343 and ive just received an offer of $260 for my asus monitor. Any thoughts? good monitor? good idea? quick replies would be great

| CM Storm Trooper | MSI GD45 | 4670k @4.3Ghz h100i | MSI 780 Gaming Edition | Antec Greenwatts 650watts | 250GB Samsung Evo SSD 1.5tb 5400RPM | Asus VE278H | Logitch, G400s, G710, Z623 speakers|

So im currently sitting on an asus 27' 1080p monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236295 and ive been looking to try out eyefinity for awhile. Newegg has a benq 21.5 inch display for 99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014343 and ive just received an offer of $260 for my asus monitor. Any thoughts? good monitor? good idea? quick replies would be great

I would personally go eyefinity. This all depends on whether or not you mind lowering graphics settings due to the resolution increase running three 1080p screens. It's a far more immersive gaming experience and seeing as I can't live without more than one screen, it's an awesome idea. Just expensive :/ You'll have to bear in mind the thickness of the bezel around the monitor. It's best to make it as thin as possible, so monitors like my Asus VN247H-P are popular choices.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I would personally go eyefinity. This all depends on whether or not you mind lowering graphics settings due to the resolution increase running three 1080p screens. It's a far more immersive gaming experience and seeing as I can't live without more than one screen, it's an awesome idea. Just expensive :/

I plan on getting another 7950 very soon. I really dont think id mind at all. Ive seen a few eyefinity setups before but my real question as of right now is how will these monitors handle it? The bezel looks kind of thick and theres no HDMI

| CM Storm Trooper | MSI GD45 | 4670k @4.3Ghz h100i | MSI 780 Gaming Edition | Antec Greenwatts 650watts | 250GB Samsung Evo SSD 1.5tb 5400RPM | Asus VE278H | Logitch, G400s, G710, Z623 speakers|

I plan on getting another 7950 very soon. I really dont think id mind at all. Ive seen a few eyefinity setups before but my real question as of right now is how will these monitors handle it? The bezel looks kind of thick and theres no HDMI

Well you can adapt whatever connection you have on the graphics card to DVI (you'll need to run one monitor off displayport so you'll need to get a display port to DVI active adapter). They have 5ms response time which is decent. They should be fine for budget eyefinity

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I'm leaning towards it more and more I'd just hate to get them and see a huge bezel or something or horrible coloring

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

eyefinity is awesome. if u can deal with poor support from some developers and a bit of headaches in general, nothing comes close to it for an off the hook immersive gaming experience.

i have changed to 1440p to avoid these annoying bits and pieces, not a day goes by that i dont miss it tho.

past configs ->1050 22inch single - 1080p single 24inch - 1080p 40inch tv - 1080p single 27 inch - 3xu2312hm eyefinity - 27 inch 1440p

totally imo btw. others may feel differently.

also aim for matte bezels on whatever monitor u pick, glossy makes it more noticable in eyefinity imo. hope this helped some

edit: if ur gonna do it, do it proper. get some ips monitors with good eyefinity rep (cough u2312hm).

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

I'm leaning towards it more and more I'd just hate to get them and see a huge bezel or something or horrible coloring

IPS panels are your solution.

I'd recommend getting multiple displays more for productivity than gaming. It's nice to game with eyefinity but having more estate to work on is when multiple displays really shine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

eyefinity is awesome. if u can deal with poor support from some developers and a bit of headaches in general, nothing comes close to it for an off the hook immersive gaming experience.

i have changed to 1440p to avoid these annoying bits and pieces, not a day goes by that i dont miss it tho.

past configs ->1050 22inch single - 1080p single 24inch - 1080p 40inch tv - 1080p single 27 inch - 3xu2312hm eyefinity - 27 inch 1440p

also aim for matte bezels on whatever monitor u pick, glossy makes it more noticable in eyefinity imo. hope this helped some

edit: if ur gonna do it, do it proper. get some ips monitors with good eyefinity rep (cough u2312hm).

Only problem is that'd double the price. Plus I have an LG IPS and i honestly hate how it looks. 

IPS panels are your solution.

I'd recommend getting multiple displays more for productivity than gaming. It's nice to game with eyefinity but having more estate to work on is when multiple displays really shine.

Look I really appreciate the advice but could we stick to my actual question? are these monitors low end pieces of s@#t or are they okkay. Im not looking for perfect. I put my 27' together with a 23' and played bf3 thinking it looked amazing i dont need high end i just want to know if these monitors are going to make me regret losing my 27' asus

These are perfect for eyefinity. Asus MX239h IPS. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310&Tpk=mx239h

I currently running them in eyefinity. Borderless bezel. But they do have 6mm edge "border". Will post some pics if I have time.

Regarding the Benq monitors. Those are some pretty thick ass Bezel. Keep your 27" until you can get better monitors.

Look I really appreciate the advice but could we stick to my actual question? are these monitors low end pieces of s@#t or are they okkay. Im not looking for perfect. I put my 27' together with a 23' and played bf3 thinking it looked amazing i dont need high end i just want to know if these monitors are going to make me regret losing my 27' asus

Whether you want to sell the display is up to you. I recommended getting an IPS panel which the BenQ isn't. The displays aren't low end terrible displays otherwise we would pointed it out already. They just aren't IPS.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

These are perfect for eyefinity. Asus MX239h IPS. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310&Tpk=mx239h

I currently running them in eyefinity. Borderless bezel. But they do have 6mm edge "border". Will post some pics if I have time.

Regarding the Benq monitors. Those are some pretty thick ass Bezel. Keep your 27" until you can get better monitors.

I dont see myself getting money for those anytime soon. And as for the bezel size what about de-bezeling? I plan on having them in portrait anyway. The number one reason i would think of buying these benq monitors is the price point. $99 each means i can cover the cost of 2.5 of them with just the money i made from this asus one. I can see switching to higher end displays later but seeing as nobody has made any  huge objections to these ones apart from the bezel size, could debezeling help?

I dont see myself getting money for those anytime soon. And as for the bezel size what about de-bezeling? I plan on having them in portrait anyway. The number one reason i would think of buying these benq monitors is the price point. $99 each means i can cover the cost of 2.5 of them with just the money i made from this asus one. I can see switching to higher end displays later but seeing as nobody has made any  huge objections to these ones apart from the bezel size, could debezeling help?

for eyefinity i reckon its better not to cut corners. keep ur 27 till u can afford better monitors. eyefinity tech isnt going anywhere.

cant beat a good set of ips panels for eyefinity, not worth buying cheap inferior stuff to just replace again down the line.

u asked for thoughts, this is my thoughts. heres a site for great for reference on multi monitor gaming:

http://www.wsgf.org/

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions