Steelseries Rival

Kharem

What do you want to know? Ill do my best to tell you what I can.

Im liking it feels good in the hand and you can tell its defintly bigger in hand than the deathadder 2013 or g500s

Try adjusting the mouse differently because my ouroboros has never given me any sort of trouble.

Nope its thicker than standard. The feel of the rubber is kinda like the kind they use for tangle free headphone cable. Its far thicker and more flexible than the cable on my g400s. And I would say it beats out the cable on the g500s as that cable is super stiff and when u have the weight tray out you ca feel it definitely pushing against the mouse.

oh okay, I have the Mamba 2012 so I'm guessing thats the same shape as the DA2013? 

And do you think it will have the smoothing effects? My Ouroboros smoothed even though it's not even rubber plus, my Mamba's rubber is peeling off? so whenever I use it for quite some time, theres black rubber sticking off on my palm and fingers.

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

cool :). so you say you palm it just good without overreacing it? and may i ask your hand size?

Theres like idk probably a little over a cm after the tip of my middle finger on the mouse. From where my wrist ends/hand starts to the tip of my middle finger its nearly 20cm. I can try to take a pic if this descriprion doesnt make sense.

O and I forgot in my last post to mention how freaking awesome the orange color that comes on it stock is.

Theres like idk probably a little over a cm after the tip of my middle finger on the mouse. From where my wrist ends/hand starts to the tip of my middle finger its nearly 20cm. I can try to take a pic if this descriprion doesnt make sense.

O and I forgot in my last post to mention how freaking awesome the orange color that comes on it stock is.

Yes pics pls. I can wait. Gtg now

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

oh okay, I have the Mamba 2012 so I'm guessing thats the same shape as the DA2013?

And do you think it will have the smoothing effects? My Ouroboros smoothed even though it's not even rubber plus, my Mamba's rubber is peeling off? so whenever I use it for quite some time, theres black rubber sticking off on my palm and fingers.

Its close to the da 2013 but a bit shorter and quite a bit longer. Also its butt is fatter. The back button is considerably larger than the forward one. But I forgot to mention this earlier but for me it feels like im ever so slightly having to reach for the forward button. This is fine and I plan to make in the dpi change button when gaming as the standard one is much to hard to reach to do it smoothly.

The ouroboros it just a textured plastic from what I remember to yes after heavy use it will smooth out. This reminda me of the g700 vs g700s. The g700s when new is no where near as coarse and has bigger pieces of texture than the g700 but as far as I can tell the one I got on launch has not smoothed out much if at all. The g700 almost feels like sand paper and wears very quicky. From looking at both mice I think the g700 had the texture sprayed onto it possibly and the g700s's is actually molded right into the plastic. Now back to the mamba I believe its like the da 3.5g and is soft touch plastic. That comes off for many people actually. It does for me but no where near to the extent your speaking of. The standard soft touch plastic does however make my hand sweat like crazy. It was the worst witb the steelseries ikari laser and steelseries xai. This new steelseries rival however didnt make my hand sweat during the few hours ive used it so far and but still does have a soft touch plastic feel to it but its not that classics soft touch plastic feel if you know what I mean. Only more time and some gaming with it will tell me if it makes my hand sweat though.

Its close to the da 2013 but a bit shorter and quite a bit longer. Also its butt is fatter. The back button is considerably larger than the forward one. But I forgot to mention this earlier but for me it feels like im ever so slightly having to reach for the forward button. This is fine and I plan to make in the dpi change button when gaming as the standard one is much to hard to reach to do it smoothly.

The ouroboros it just a textured plastic from what I remember to yes after heavy use it will smooth out. This reminda me of the g700 vs g700s. The g700s when new is no where near as coarse and has bigger pieces of texture than the g700 but as far as I can tell the one I got on launch has not smoothed out much if at all. The g700 almost feels like sand paper and wears very quicky. From looking at both mice I think the g700 had the texture sprayed onto it possibly and the g700s's is actually molded right into the plastic. Now back to the mamba I believe its like the da 3.5g and is soft touch plastic. That comes off for many people actually. It does for me but no where near to the extent your speaking of. The standard soft touch plastic does however make my hand sweat like crazy. It was the worst witb the steelseries ikari laser and steelseries xai. This new steelseries rival however didnt make my hand sweat during the few hours ive used it so far and but still does have a soft touch plastic feel to it but its not that classics soft touch plastic feel if you know what I mean. Only more time and some gaming with it will tell me if it makes my hand sweat though.

thanks for the insight man. That's pretty detailed description. Looks like I'm gonna wait until this mouse becomes available in my country and I'll get it. To me, the smoothing out effects feels as if its a cheap product. But the Ouroboros is by no mean a bad mouse, I just don't like the look of the mouse when it becomes shiny and smooth lol

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

thanks for the insight man. That's pretty detailed description. Looks like I'm gonna wait until this mouse becomes available in my country and I'll get it. To me, the smoothing out effects feels as if its a cheap product. But the Ouroboros is by no mean a bad mouse, I just don't like the look of the mouse when it becomes shiny and smooth lol

Everyone keepd saying it has smoothing effects, I havnt really noticed that... I mean I havent used it that much and I wouldnt say im looking for it. I know that those sensor fanatics do crazy testing on these things so who know what they found. Do you know what dpi or what ever else their seeing it at?

Everyone keepd saying it has smoothing effects, I havnt really noticed that... I mean I havent used it that much and I wouldnt say im looking for it. I know that those sensor fanatics do crazy testing on these things so who know what they found. Do you know what dpi or what ever else their seeing it at?

i think at the highest DPI levels. also could you send the pics of you palming the mouse and your hand size?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i think at the highest DPI levels. also could you send the pics of you palming the mouse and your hand size?

I dont know if they can actually do too much about that as it may very well be a side effect of interpolation, if you know what I mean.

Sure ill se what I can do later today.

I dont know if they can actually do too much about that as it may very well be a side effect of interpolation, if you know what I mean.

Sure ill se what I can do later today.

Yea it probably is that. But whatever if I were to get the mouse I wouldnt use that DPI....ever. No reason to.

Specs of my PC:

Yea it probably is that. But whatever if I were to get the mouse I wouldnt use that DPI....ever. No reason to.

Same here, for me the highest itll ever go is 3200 and lately ive only been using 2400 and thats for the desktop. for gaming I use 1600 mainly then I step it down to 400 for sniping and stuff. I also use 400 for ediding pictures and stuff on the desktop.

Also ive never actually heard those guys complain about issues at high dpi is usually them complaining that it doesnt track perfectly at 100 dpi or something.

Same here, for me the highest itll ever go is 3200 and lately ive only been using 2400 and thats for the desktop. for gaming I use 1600 mainly then I step it down to 400 for sniping and stuff. I also use 400 for ediding pictures and stuff on the desktop.

Also ive never actually heard those guys complain about issues at high dpi is usually them complaining that it doesnt track perfectly at 100 dpi or something.

Whatever good tracking or not that DPI is completelly USELESS and IRRELEVANT to me. Im not really a fan of switching DPI for different things I just like to use one for everything. Im thinking the next time Im gona set my DPI im gona set it to a DPI comfy enough for web browsing and leave that in game and just change in game sens.

Specs of my PC:

Whatever good tracking or not that DPI is completelly USELESS and IRRELEVANT to me. Im not really a fan of switching DPI for different things I just like to use one for everything. Im thinking the next time Im gona set my DPI im gona set it to a DPI comfy enough for web browsing and leave that in game and just change in game sens.

I agree with you on that. I personally hate changing things in games except for graphics settings because anytime you use it on another PC you have to remember what they were etc. I usually leave the game stock and program my peripherals that way I just load up a profile and away I go. the only reason I use a higher dpi on the desktop is well I have 3 monitors and 1600 doesnt really cut it for going across all those screens and since the dpi is adjustable why not use it. For gaming I have always used 2 dpi's and as soon as mice went up to 1600 that is as high as I went and where I stuck and got used to it.

I agree with you on that. I personally hate changing things in games except for graphics settings because anytime you use it on another PC you have to remember what they were etc. I usually leave the game stock and program my peripherals that way I just load up a profile and away I go. the only reason I use a higher dpi on the desktop is well I have 3 monitors and 1600 doesnt really cut it for going across all those screens and since the dpi is adjustable why not use it. For gaming I have always used 2 dpi's and as soon as mice went up to 1600 that is as high as I went and where I stuck and got used to it.

Yea for 3 1600 is slow I imagine. For gaming on 1 monitor(1080p is the standard so lets use that) imo going over 2000 is to me useless. I used to play at crazy high sens with 6400 DPI(and by crazy high sens i mean CRAAAAZY high! almost unbelievable high lol). And tbh I performed pretty damn good at close maybe close-mid range. Recoil control was so easy I didnt have to even move the mouse down lol. Its like I had built in recoil control lol. But at mid-long range I couldnt hit shit hahah.

Specs of my PC:

Yea for 3 1600 is slow I imagine. For gaming on 1 monitor(1080p is the standard so lets use that) imo going over 2000 is to me useless. I used to play at crazy high sens with 6400 DPI(and by crazy high sens i mean CRAAAAZY high! almost unbelievable high lol). And tbh I performed pretty damn good at close maybe close-mid range. Recoil control was so easy I didnt have to even move the mouse down lol. Its like I had built in recoil control lol. But at mid-long range I couldnt hit shit hahah.

I honed my 1600dpi skills on 1600x1200 and 1680x1050 so i know what you mean and is why I still use 1600dpi when gaming, even on my 2560x1440 monitor.

I honed my 1600dpi skills on 1600x1200 and 1680x1050 so i know what you mean and is why I still use 1600dpi when gaming, even on my 2560x1440 monitor.

Yea. I just dont like change or having multiple options(might sound weird). If there were to be a mouse that would be nice for my hand size with not much buttons(5 max) with an optical sensor but had only one DPI setting(something between 1500 and 3000 preferably) then I would get it. But thats just me I know a LOT of people use on the fly DPI switching in their games but I just cant stand going from one speed to another lol it kind of in a way feels like user activated acceleration if you know what I mean. To put it simply I want consistency.

Specs of my PC:

Yea. I just dont like change or having multiple options(might sound weird). If there were to be a mouse that would be nice for my hand size with not much buttons(5 max) with an optical sensor but had only one DPI setting(something between 1500 and 3000 preferably) then I would get it. But thats just me I know a LOT of people use on the fly DPI switching in their games but I just cant stand going from one speed to another lol it kind of in a way feels like user activated acceleration if you know what I mean. To put it simply I want consistency.

I just use the 400dpi for sniping and other precision stuff most of the time im using 1600 and to me at least changing dpi feels nothing like acceleration. Also you can easily disable the DPI changing on the rival.

I just use the 400dpi for sniping and other precision stuff most of the time im using 1600 and to me at least changing dpi feels nothing like acceleration. Also you can easily disable the DPI changing on the rival.

No but I mean those people who change it like something like a sensitivity clutch/sniper button. I will never get used to that. You know they are playing on say 1600 dpi and they hold down the button for a few secs and theyre on 400 dpi and then back on 1600 when they release it. Thats what i meant.

Specs of my PC:

No but I mean those people who change it like something like a sensitivity clutch/sniper button. I will never get used to that. You know they are playing on say 1600 dpi and they hold down the button for a few secs and theyre on 400 dpi and then back on 1600 when they release it. Thats what i meant.

O I essentially do that but I hate the clutch and its only been available recently to I use either dpi toggle or cycle.

@ManOfDisguise hers the pic I think you wanted. i did my best to use my DSLR with my left hand.

IMG_8214.jpg