Steelseries Rival

Kharem

Ya I would prefer it if it were a little larger as well, but it does limit the people that the mouse appeals to if they make it too big. Someone with a large hand can still use a small-medium sized mouse depending on their grip style, where someone with a small hand that would struggle to reach a lot of the buttons wouldn't be able to use a larger mouse no matter how they changed their grip style. So it makes more sense for them to just make something that's large enough that it covers as many users as possible.

Well to me it looks like SS's direct competitor to the deathadder, I mean just look at the specs, shape, and placement of the buttons.

My guess is that its average size or slightly bigger, either way ill know tuesday as thats when UPS tracking has it showing up here.

Well to me it looks like SS's direct competitor to the deathadder, I mean just look at the specs, shape, and placement of the buttons.

My guess is that its average size or slightly bigger, either way ill know tuesday as thats when UPS tracking has it showing up here.

Well after having read several reviews from people who have the mouse the good news is that its lower than the DA and longer so for those who couldnt palm the DA and overreached it(my problem) should grip the Rival just fine. So far the cons of the Rival are:

-not that great switches

-not the best position for side buttns

-sensor has mouse smoothing apparently

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Well after having read several reviews from people who have the mouse the good news is that its lower than the DA and longer so for those who couldnt palm the DA and overreached it(my problem) should grip the Rival just fine. So far the cons of the Rival are:

-not that great switches

-not the best position for side buttns

-sensor has mouse smoothing apparently

I can easily determine my opinion on the first two. As for the smoothing unless it noticeable at 1600dpi and up I wont notice it because thats what im usually using for extended periods. Also most of these sensor issues are usually ate quite low dpi by todays standards and what I say to that is if you want to use a dpi that low regularly then get one of the classics that handles it flawlessly. Many of them have some of the most iconic shapes that low dpi gamers prefer anyway...

Wish it didn't have the rubber "grips" on the sides, it's the only problem I have with my Deathadder 2013. 

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Wish it didn't have the rubber "grips" on the sides, it's the only problem I have with my Deathadder 2013.

Not saying you cant like them but that was like a most wanted feature for the DA a improvement that I quite like. Have you used the older DAs that didnt have them? They were all slipery and people used to put something there for more grip, though I forget what... It might have been some sort of tape?

Not saying you cant like them but that was like a most wanted feature for the DA a improvement that I quite like. Have you used the older DAs that didnt have them? They were all slipery and people used to put something there for more grip, though I forget what... It might have been some sort of tape?

For me, the grips on the DA 2013 are slippery. I constantly have to wipe the sweat off of my thumb and the grips just to get it so it's only mildly-slippery. 

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

For me, the grips on the DA 2013 are slippery. I constantly have to wipe the sweat off of my thumb and the grips just to get it so it's only mildly-slippery.

Odd most people that have that sort of issue only have it with that soft touch plastic. For me it makes my whole had drip with sweat.

I can easily determine my opinion on the first two. As for the smoothing unless it noticeable at 1600dpi and up I wont notice it because thats what im usually using for extended periods. Also most of these sensor issues are usually ate quite low dpi by todays standards and what I say to that is if you want to use a dpi that low regularly then get one of the classics that handles it flawlessly. Many of them have some of the most iconic shapes that low dpi gamers prefer anyway...

Yea it shouldnt have any problems at tht DPI. Btw just in case you guys were wondering the native setting is 1000DPI/500Hz and it goes by increments of 50

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Yea it shouldnt have any problems at tht DPI. Btw just in case you guys were wondering the native setting is 1000DPI/500Hz and it goes by increments of 50

There was another mouse that did that... Anyone remember which one, cause I dont.

Ill probably put 1600dpi/1000hrz on there

There was another mouse that did that... Anyone remember which one, cause I dont.

Ill probably put 1600dpi/1000hrz on there

Im deciding whether to get it or not, its really awesome becuase its seems to be the only mouse that I will be able to palm, but then again I have a fully functional DA so itll kind of stupid to buy a new mouse. I guess I'll just live with the DA with a calw grip.

Specs of my PC:

Im deciding whether to get it or not, its really awesome becuase its seems to be the only mouse that I will be able to palm, but then again I have a fully functional DA so itll kind of stupid to buy a new mouse. I guess I'll just live with the DA with a calw grip.

Wait till tues and ill answer any questions you might have.

Just though of an idea thanksgiving is coming up time to have random relatives grip mice! :P

Wait till tues and ill answer any questions you might have.

K thanks. All I really need is a pic of you palming it and next to that a pic of your hand with a ruler measuring it fromthe very bottom of the palm to the top of the middle finger.

Also: RIVAL WHY U HAVE NO BRAIDED CABLE!

Specs of my PC:

K thanks. All I really need is a pic of you palming it and next to that a pic of your hand with a ruler measuring it fromthe very bottom of the palm to the top of the middle finger.

Can do you may have to remind me come like wednesday though.

Cause its their "cheap" mouse. The G400s doesnt have one either. It does say it has a soft rubber cable. If its of the super flexible variety ill be happy as the main problem I have with braided cables on mice is many times their much too stiff. I do however appreciate their cat resistant properties but on a mouse I would still prefer a flexible rubber cable over a stiff braided one. On a side not why does the Razer Tartarus have a braided cable when the Orbweaver doesnt???

It hath arrived but it was freezing so I let it warm up before opening it and starting using it. I installed the software and the instant it recognized the mouse it said a critical update was available. It failed though and bricked my mouse until I tried it on another PC.

I've had a sample for a while. It's a bit big for me, but I think a lot of people with normal sized hands are going to really like this mouse. The rubber on the side is a bit grippy for my tastes as well, but I believe in time it will settle in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyGzfH8Duu0

Seriously? It's not braided? D:

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

I've had a sample for a while. It's a bit big for me, but I think a lot of people with normal sized hands are going to really like this mouse. The rubber on the side is a bit grippy for my tastes as well, but I believe in time it will settle in a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyGzfH8Duu0

Yes I would agree that it feels bigger than average in my hands but I wouldnt say thats a bad thing as my average hands fit fine and imagine that people with larger hands would like it more than average. I also concur with the rubber bring a bit grippy. I am comaring this to my DA 2013. I think i know why to its because the grips pertrude out instead of being inset. Additionally the density (number of not hardness/solidity) of them is much higher.

In this case I actually like the fact that its not the cable is a decent thickness but is nice and soft so that it has a pretty good amount of mauluability to it. This is especially the case when compared to the standard braided cable you on mice.

no :(

Specs of my PC:

But its even better.

I doubt that.

Specs of my PC:

hmmmm i'll wait and see for the reviews to come up for this mouse lol. How are you liking the mouse? @TheProfosist. This mouse is not even listed for preorder in Australia yet... lol

i'll be changing from a Razer Ouroboros since that mouse gives my hand aches if I play long haul xD

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

Why you doubt it so?

I dunno from what I see it looks like a standard non braided cable. I've hat a lot of problems with them tangling and my G400 died due to a cable issue.

Specs of my PC:

hmmmm i'll wait and see for the reviews to come up for this mouse lol. How are you liking the mouse? @TheProfosist. This mouse is not even listed for preorder in Australia yet... lol

i'll be changing from a Razer Ouroboros since that mouse gives my hand aches if I play long haul xD

What do you want to know? Ill do my best to tell you what I can.

Im liking it feels good in the hand and you can tell its defintly bigger in hand than the deathadder 2013 or g500s

Try adjusting the mouse differently because my ouroboros has never given me any sort of trouble.

I dunno from what I see it looks like a standard non braided cable. I've hat a lot of problems with them tangling and my G400 died due to a cable issue.

Nope its thicker than standard. The feel of the rubber is kinda like the kind they use for tangle free headphone cable. Its far thicker and more flexible than the cable on my g400s. And I would say it beats out the cable on the g500s as that cable is super stiff and when u have the weight tray out you ca feel it definitely pushing against the mouse.

What do you want to know? Ill do my best to tell you what I can.

Im liking it feels good in the hand and you can tell its defintly bigger in hand than the deathadder 2013 or g500s

Try adjusting the mouse differently because my ouroboros has never given me any sort of trouble.

Nope its thicker than standard. The feel of the rubber is kinda like the kind they use for tangle free headphone cable. Its far thicker and more flexible than the cable on my g400s. And I would say it beats out the cable on the g500s as that cable is super stiff and when u have the weight tray out you ca feel it definitely pushing against the mouse.

cool :). so you say you palm it just good without overreacing it? and may i ask your hand size?

Specs of my PC: