Steelseries Rival

Kharem

I want to try one out and compare it to my deathadder 3.5g.

the things that are attractive to me are the textured sides, optical sensor, soft touch and the one extra button over the deathadder(also for vanities sake the name of the mouse matches my bike and i can make the colours match 2, go red and purple)

i will be running the thing at 400dpi like i do with my deathadder so hopefully the sensor does not shit its pants at such a low number

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

This mouse reeks of sexiness. I'm thinking of getting one of these, but what's wrong with the steelseries software? and synapse is actually pretty well made lol

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

Ordered and waiting! :D

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Software sucks though, I had uninstall it and I guess now they are working on it sense they say 8.1 is incompatible...

I never had any problem with the software for the Ikari laser which I used till it gave up on life many years after launch...

I want to try one out and compare it to my deathadder 3.5g.

the things that are attractive to me are the textured sides, optical sensor, soft touch and the one extra button over the deathadder(also for vanities sake the name of the mouse matches my bike and i can make the colours match 2, go red and purple)

i will be running the thing at 400dpi like i do with my deathadder so hopefully the sensor does not shit its pants at such a low number

I really hope there isnt soft touch plastic on the top as I cant stand the stuff as I makes my hands drip of sweat.

I'm kind of curious about how the main switches will comare to something like the deathadder, I had a mamba for 6 months or so (which I assume has pretty similar switches) and ended up getting rid of it because I was getting interferance with my headset and the switches felt really unresponsive compared to the sensei. Maybe I just wasn't meshing with the mouse so was looking for reasons to not like it that much but the sensei's just felt better as soon as I started using it, and the little section on the switches in the rival makes me think they should be pretty similar to the sensei.

I'm kind of curious about how the main switches will comare to something like the deathadder, I had a mamba for 6 months or so (which I assume has pretty similar switches) and ended up getting rid of it because I was getting interferance with my headset and the switches felt really unresponsive compared to the sensei. Maybe I just wasn't meshing with the mouse so was looking for reasons to not like it that much but the sensei's just felt better as soon as I started using it, and the little section on the switches in the rival makes me think they should be pretty similar to the sensei.

The switches on the new Deathadder 2013 and Naga 2014 are very responsive, light and clicky (at least to me).

I don't think it says anywhere on that page but turns out it doesn't have a braided cable..

Whilst probably not that big a deal, it just seems weird for a mouse that isn't particularly cheap to not have something so simple that does actually make a pretty big difference to some people. Might actually change my decision on if I want to pick one up or not, still I guess I'll wait for some more reviews.

the mouse looks kinda small. according to this video anyway

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

Ya I thought the same when I first sore him holding it, although the specs says its bigger than the sensei so I guess he just has big hands. Also thats the video I found out about the cable from.

the mouse looks kinda small. according to this video anyway

Ugh, that music.

I think it looks so small because its so thin.

So yea I pre-ordered in hope that its SS coming back on form.

So yea I pre-ordered in hope that its SS coming back on form.

Oh cool, you gotta let us know about it coz I really am thinking of getting one.

Oh cool, you gotta let us know about it coz I really am thinking of getting one.

Will do I have no clue when itll ship though so I guess itll be a surprise?

Will do I have no clue when itll ship though so I guess itll be a surprise?

Dude pls pls this would really help me i have been searching so long for a mouse(literally months if not years) that is good for me to palm grip as everything is small(i have da 2013 and i can claw it but i cant palm it comfortably i overreach it too much) could you maybe please do a review if you have the time and put it here on ltt? maybe with pics of your hand size(from base of palm to top of middle fingers in inches or cm) and show you palming it? i know i might be asking for too much but maybe if you have the time or are bored. if not then no worries but it would help me sooooo much.

btw my hand size is 19cm from base of palm to top of middle finger

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Dude pls pls this would really help me i have been searching so long for a mouse(literally months if not years) that is good for me to palm grip as everything is small(i have da 2013 and i can claw it but i cant palm it comfortably i overreach it too much) could you maybe please do a review if you have the time and put it here on ltt? maybe with pics of your hand size(from base of palm to top of middle fingers in inches or cm) and show you palming it? i know i might be asking for too much but maybe if you have the time or are bored. if not then no worries but it would help me sooooo much.

btw my hand size is 19cm from base of palm to top of middle finger

Sure I can I did it with the Oruoboros and the G602

I think im 18cm by your measurements though could also be 19cm. Either way nearly every palm style mouse thats properly ergonomic fits my hand perfectly mostly cause im a fairly average human man size wise lol.

If anyone's interested. Not really a review, just covers specs really.

I havnt watched it yet but damn how many steelseries products are in the background?

DAMMIT LINUS WHY U NO GRIP THE MOUSE? lol...the whole vid i was like grip it, grip it...guess once he does a full review, if he does one he will do it. hope so

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I suppose this mouse isn't made for claw grippers?

From what we can all tell its going to be a Palm mouse.

DAMMIT LINUS WHY U NO GRIP THE MOUSE? lol...the whole vid i was like grip it, grip it...guess once he does a full review, if he does one he will do it. hope so

I know right? Booo feel it up, you know he did it off camera and/or when shooting the video for his channel.

From what we can all tell its going to be a Palm mouse.

I know right? Booo feel it up, you know he did it off camera and/or when shooting the video for his channel.

yea this is what annoys me about most mouse reviews lately. the reviewers spend like half of the vid talking about software, which tbh is pretty similar in every mouse anyway(in terms of what u can do to the mouse-change dpi, bind buttons, change colors, etc.). Another thing is the dimensions on mice are so delusional, some mice can be very long on paper but since theyre so high the mice that are flatter and have a smaller number in the length dimension are actually longer.

Specs of my PC:

yea this is what annoys me about most mouse reviews lately. the reviewers spend like half of the vid talking about software, which tbh is pretty similar in every mouse anyway(in terms of what u can do to the mouse-change dpi, bind buttons, change colors, etc.). Another thing is the dimensions on mice are so delusional, some mice can be very long on paper but since theyre so high the mice that are flatter and have a smaller number in the length dimension are actually longer.

yea most software I only want to hear about if its not doing its job. As for specs I can read those so unless there is something ground breaking I see no point but hey you have to speak to they majority of your viewership not the minority. There probably still that long. You hand is longer the flatter it is so a mouse that has a higher arch to it doesnt need to be as long a good example is the G602 vs the G700s.

Ya I agree, but that said the hold of a mouse is something pretty subjective so him simply holding it probably wouldn't particularly help with trying to find out if it would suit your hold style or not. Best shot is just to wait for it to get into retailers and see if you can get your hands on one before buying.

I wish this mouse was bigger.. It's not much bigger than the deathadder. Not all of us have small female Asian hands like linus. 

Ya I would prefer it if it were a little larger as well, but it does limit the people that the mouse appeals to if they make it too big. Someone with a large hand can still use a small-medium sized mouse depending on their grip style, where someone with a small hand that would struggle to reach a lot of the buttons wouldn't be able to use a larger mouse no matter how they changed their grip style. So it makes more sense for them to just make something that's large enough that it covers as many users as possible.