Favorite camera that you have used?

What is your favorite camera that you have used, and why

-You don't have to have owned it

-I'm not talking about the best camera, just your personal favorite.

-As @SpaceTurtle917 pointed out, feel free to talk about lens.

My favorite camera is the Panasonic GH4. Its 4k video is beautiful for the size and price, and if you put a canon speed booster on it you can use any lens you want. It also has very nice software and It is easy to navigate with the super sharp OLED touchscreen. As for lens, the Canon 50mm f1.2 and Canon 34-70 f2.8 are both awesome.

Check out my gear here --> https://kit.com/JWMFilms

Canon G8.

2 minutes ago, Miller1218 said:

What is your favorite camera that you have used, and why

-You don't have to have owned it

-I'm not talking about the best camera, just your personal favorite.

My favorite camera is the Panasonic GH4. Its 4k video is beautiful for the size and price, and if you put a canon speed booster on it you can use any lens you want. It also has very nice software and It is easy to navigate with the super sharp OLED touchscreen.

Nikon D7000. Great sensor at a great price if you can snag them used. A D7100 isn't a super big upgrade from one, and the features that the D7000 comes with is great. Also gets super sharp pics if you put a good lens in front of that sensor. A perfect choice for pro-sumers on a budget.

1 minute ago, dobo2001 said:

Nikon D7000. Great sensor at a great price if you can snag them used. A D7100 isn't a super big upgrade from one, and the features that the D7000 comes with is great. Also gets super sharp pics if you put a good lens in front of that sensor. A perfect choice for pro-sumers on a budget.

I have a friend who has one

Nikon D5300. The articulating screen is awesome, built in wifi for connecting your phone to use as a remote viewfinder. And build in GPS for geo-tagging if that's your cup of tea.

Price is really good, and I prefer the 5300 over the 5500 since they took out the GPS and changed nothing else besides slightly better battery life.

When in doubt, re-format.

Fuji x100 series. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just now, pwn_intended said:

Nikon D5300. The articulating screen is awesome, built in wifi for connecting your phone to use as a remote viewfinder. And build in GPS for geo-tagging if that's your cup of tea.

Price is really good, and I prefer the 5300 over the 5500 since they took out the GPS and changed nothing else besides slightly better battery life.

Nice, I own a d3300!

Just now, Miller1218 said:

Nice, I own a d3300!

Me too now...I lost my 5300 after a loooong day of drinking.

I picked up a used 3300 and its fantastic. I miss the 5300 but this one is basically the same internals as a 5300 without the articulating screen, 11 poinf autofocus instead of 49? point and lack of wifi and GPS but at a much much better price.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Me too now...I lost my 5300 after a loooong day of drinking.

I picked up a used 3300 and its fantastic. I miss the 5300 but this one is basically the same internals as a 5300 without the articulating screen, 11 poinf autofocus instead of 49? point and lack of wifi and GPS but at a much much better price.

I got it for the 60fps at 1080, when canon's competition only had 30

I haven't used many pricey cameras. I have a Canon Sl1. But the best one I've used is a 60D. But the better question is what is the lens you've enjoyed using the most.

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

Just now, SpaceTurtle917 said:

I haven't used many pricey cameras. I have a Canon Sl1. But the best one I've used is a 60D. But the better question is what is the lens you've enjoyed using the most.

Canon 50mm f1.2 and Canon 24-70 f2.8

1 minute ago, Miller1218 said:

Canon 50mm f1.2 and Canon 24-70 f2.8

Canon 135mm f2 or Olympus f.zuikio 50mm f1.8. Cheap price, manual aperture, stunning bokeh for the value. Plus they're easy to declick.

My GTX 970 carries me to global.

For photo, I've used a 1Dx mark 1 with 300mm f2.8 to shoot for a college football game. That camera and lens combo is ridiculous, incredibly fast AF and it takes pictures so fast that it almost takes the fun out.... almost.

For video, I've had access to a RED Epic Dragon for a day and the picture on that camera is incredible. Even without cine lenses, I used my sigma 18-35 f1.8 EF, the picture is insanely good. Plus the R3D codec is pretty sweet. The touchscreen makes the camera incredibly easy to use which is just the cherry on top.

Thankfully I got paid to use both of these cameras which made the whole experience more fun since I didn't have to worry about paying for it. I'd love to own both of these cameras if possible but it's not exactly economically feasible.

no camera that I used was really liked by me, I always run into trouble with them.

But I love my 18-200mm lens, it's not the sharpest or best, but from time to time it helped me getting the shots I wanted in the quality needed.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

There's no real point in discussing favorite cameras.  Amateurs, novices and beginners will have experience with 1 or 2 cameras and will favorite the one(s) they can afford to use.  Those who have experience with a wide variety of cameras will like each of the cameras they've used for various purposes.  Same with lenses, it's hardly fair to compare something like a 14mm lens to a 400mm lens when they're used for different purposes.  No real way to say that one lens is preferred over the other.

I liked the Nikon D700 as my first full frame digital camera, I liked using the D3s, I love the D4, I liked using the Canon 5Dmk II as the first reasonably priced large sensor video camera.  Each generation of camera has improvements, some slight and some significant, so the camera I like now is the one I have and in the future I'll like another camera I upgrade to.

I like my 14-24mm ultra wide angle lens for being ultra wide, I like my 16mm fisheye for being a fantastic fisheye, I like my 24-70 for being a wonderful medium zoom, I like my 400mm 2.8 for being an amazing telephoto.  I like using Lensbaby lenses.  I appreciate Rokinon/Samyang for making affordable cine glass, I like Schneider for making lens mount independent cine lenses.

I like Sennheiser, Sony, Rode, Shure, AKG for making amazing microphones.  Zoom and Sound Devices for making fantastic field recorders.  SmallHD for making wonderful field monitors.

I liked the small Sony camcorder that allowed me to travel light around the world, I like the REDs and ARRIs I've rented, I like the Phantom and Inspire Drone's I've used, I like the GoPros and similar action cameras that have helped me capture POV shots.  I like the FS7 and FS5 cameras for having so many features in a small lightweight package that allowed me to film stuff while looking out the open door of a helicopter.

I like Ikelite and Nauticam for making wonderful underwater camera housings.  I like Priolite, Broncolor and Elinchrom strobes. I like using Lastolite backdrops and softboxes.  I like PocketWizards for making versatile radio triggers.

I like WaterProof and Bare for making tough drysuits, Apeks for making robust and reliable regulators.  I like Mammut for making resilient climbing harnesses and carabiners.

I like Think Tank Photo and MindShift Gear for making the best camera bags I've ever used.

There's just so many reasons to like each different set of gear I've owned, currently own, rented, very difficult to pick any one.  Each gear and accessory has their own strengths and weaknesses, no single piece is ever perfect.  Hence it's going to be very difficult to pick a favorite because the gear and accessory is selected to fulfill a need that can be different from usage to usage.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

5 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

There's no real point in discussing favorite cameras.  Amateurs, novices and beginners will have experience with 1 or 2 cameras and will favorite the one(s) they can afford to use.  Those who have experience with a wide variety of cameras will like each of the cameras they've used for various purposes.  Same with lenses, it's hardly fair to compare something like a 14mm lens to a 400mm lens when they're used for different purposes.  No real way to say that one lens is preferred over the other.

I liked the Nikon D700 as my first full frame digital camera, I liked using the D3s, I love the D4, I liked using the Canon 5Dmk II as the first reasonably priced large sensor video camera.  Each generation of camera has improvements, some slight and some significant, so the camera I like now is the one I have and in the future I'll like another camera I upgrade to.

I like my 14-24mm ultra wide angle lens for being ultra wide, I like my 16mm fisheye for being a fantastic fisheye, I like my 24-70 for being a wonderful medium zoom, I like my 400mm 2.8 for being an amazing telephoto.  I like using Lensbaby lenses.  I appreciate Rokinon/Samyang for making affordable cine glass, I like Schneider for making lens mount independent cine lenses.

I like Sennheiser, Sony, Rode, Shure, AKG for making amazing microphones.  Zoom and Sound Devices for making fantastic field recorders.  SmallHD for making wonderful field monitors.

I liked the small Sony camcorder that allowed me to travel light around the world, I like the REDs and ARRIs I've rented, I like the Phantom and Inspire Drone's I've used, I like the GoPros and similar action cameras that have helped me capture POV shots.  I like the FS7 and FS5 cameras for having so many features in a small lightweight package that allowed me to film stuff while looking out the open door of a helicopter.

I like Ikelite and Nauticam for making wonderful underwater camera housings.  I like Priolite, Broncolor and Elinchrom strobes. I like using Lastolite backdrops and softboxes.  I like PocketWizards for making versatile radio triggers.

I like WaterProof and Bare for making tough drysuits, Apeks for making robust and reliable regulators.  I like Mammut for making resilient climbing harnesses and carabiners.

I like Think Tank Photo and MindShift Gear for making the best camera bags I've ever used.

There's just so many reasons to like each different set of gear I've owned, currently own, rented, very difficult to pick any one.

Ok, chill out

37 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

no camera that I used was really liked by me, I always run into trouble with them.

But I love my 18-200mm lens, it's not the sharpest or best, but from time to time it helped me getting the shots I wanted in the quality needed.

Yep, there's no perfect camera.  A great camera today will be eclipsed by an even better camera tomorrow, and each and every camera on the market has their own strength and weakness.

The 18-200 lens is a very versatile lens, I find that it makes a great travel lens if all you can ever carry is one body and one lens.

OK on a side note:

I wanted to add to my previous comment.  There is actually one camera that I would never give up using, it has saved my hide on numerous occasions.  It doesn't have any specific model number or generation, and it has never failed to work.

If you ever find yourself on assignment where your fancy, expensive digital camera has failed for some reason or another and either time is a very important factor or you're miles away from any sort of assistance to get the problem resolved, this is the camera that will save your hide.  I know many who consider these to be the best backup cameras ever.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Disposable-Single-Use-Cameras/ci/2171/N/4288586275

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

A7R2 was using one the other day with the 85 f1.4 G master, and the 24-70 F2.8 G master

insane camera

Second to that the D810

And finally my A7

I also used an FS5 for about 10 minutes but not sure that counts :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I also used an FS5 for about 10 minutes but not sure that counts :D

Only if you caressed it and called it "my precious" during those 10 minutes.

20 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Only if you caressed it and called it "my precious" during those 10 minutes.

Does it count if i came in my pants

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Does it count if i came in my pants

Perhaps.