Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatCoolBlueKidd

Tempered Glass - Reflection

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I'm planning a new setup for my case & monitor and plan to have my case on my desk next to my monitor. My question is whether my case, the PC-O7SX with a tinted tempered glass side panel will reflect my monitor's image onto the surface like my Corsair 750D's window did. I will be lighting the tempered glass from the inside with LED Strips but don't want a crazy amount of reflection of my screen on the case.

 

Any ideas or help before I decide to move my case under my desk?

 

Thanks


NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Yes, the lighting will help but you will get a reflection.

Would the curve in the monitor help at all?

 

 


NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Would the curve in the monitor help at all?

 

 

Depends how far forwards the monitor is, and how far back the pc will be 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suddenly felt like posting when I saw an old member :P

 

Best option here is getting a mirror and check around or a piece of glass with a dim light behind it but good luck going through all that trouble 


Current system - ASUS FX503VD

ExSystem

Spoiler

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2016 at 11:17 AM, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

So I'm planning a new setup for my case & monitor and plan to have my case on my desk next to my monitor. My question is whether my case, the PC-O7SX with a tinted tempered glass side panel will reflect my monitor's image onto the surface like my Corsair 750D's window did. I will be lighting the tempered glass from the inside with LED Strips but don't want a crazy amount of reflection of my screen on the case.

 

Any ideas or help before I decide to move my case under my desk?

 

Thanks

Did you build this in the end? Did you get the reflection issue? I have the same concern.


- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 8/6/2019 at 10:35 PM, grangervoldemort said:

Did you build this in the end? Did you get the reflection issue? I have the same concern.

i built it in the end and put the case under the table


NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

i built it in the end and put the case under the table

The reflection issue is the main question.... 


- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×