Where do you want to live?

DutchTexan

I'd love to go on holiday in Iceland, France and a few other European countries... Though I think I'd rather live in Québec since I know both English and French, I think I could sort of fit in even if French isn't my native language.

Québec, I think it's sort of a blend of two different cultures that makes up the province and I find that interesting, though that may not be a popular idea among some québécois.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, wcreek said:

I'd love to go on holiday in Iceland, France and a few other European countries... Though I think I'd rather live in Québec since I know both English and French, I think I could sort of fit in even if French isn't my native language.

Québec, I think it's sort of a blend of two different cultures that makes up the province and I find that interesting, though that may not be a popular idea among some québécois.

I guess outside of what I was saying, Minnesota, I know for sure is a great place to live and not a bad place to vacation.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

If I had to move I'd probably go somewhere where there's a decent internet connection but I'd rather not leave the country so... I guess Milan or another big city.

As far as vacation goes: anywhere in Europe and North America.

I'll add: I'm never going to Australia, too much stuff that wants to kill you. 

16 hours ago, terrytek said:

honestly some parts of california aren't too bad. like my house for example cost about 220k and it's got 3 beds and 2 baths, and it's about 1800 sq feet not including the garage. it works for me, but the neighborhood it's in is just bad. literally there are at least 7 crackheads in my cul de sac. i would love to move out, but bigger houses means higher taxes and it doesn't feel as cozy as a small one.

I call that expensive for a house.

Like I said, pretty State but cost of living is expensive.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

2 minutes ago, BaronVonJace said:

I've often thought about moving out of country to Canada or even England. Be a good change of pace and no one will know me :P

That's how I felt leaving my native country.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

residing: anywhere but the UK (uncle lives in the dominican republic in a job he hates so he doesnt have to come back here). i'd love to live in toronto, seems fast paced and my aunt has just moved there

holidays however tenerife was amazing. went there in 2007 for the last holiday with my mum, dad and my older brother and sister before my parents split up in 2008.

edit: the internet is terrible here, unless you live in a fairly large town or city you only have 1 choice of isps (excluding sky, talktalk, plusnet etc because they use bt lines). even if youre in a highly dense place youd probably only have 2 choices (virgin and bt)

Edited by imPixelTV

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

10 minutes ago, BaronVonJace said:

I've often thought about moving out of country to Canada or even England. Be a good change of pace and no one will know me :P

avoid england at all costs. only benefit is free money for the lazy/disabled and free healthcare

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

I live and vacation in the same place, Barbados, everything is so chill here, it's arguably the best place to vacation in the caribbean.

9 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

avoid england at all costs. only benefit is free money for the lazy/disabled and free healthcare

Guess Canada it is then! I just want to live somewhere with decent internet and wet weather.

Just now, BaronVonJace said:

Guess Canada it is then! I just want to live somewhere with decent internet and wet weather.

you wont find good internet here unless you live right next to the exchange and have fttp (and thats only 300 down, you can get better in the states/canada/any non-retarded country for cheaper) but you will certainly get wet weather here. in april you get fucking soaked and 5 mins later its sunny again. weather is bipolar. i would explain bt's fibre structure thing but cba. will type up if you want thoooooooooo

bregsit

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

you wont find good internet here unless you live right next to the exchange and have fttp (and thats only 300 down, you can get better in the states/canada/any non-retarded country for cheaper) but you will certainly get wet weather here. in april you get fucking soaked and 5 mins later its sunny again. weather is bipolar. i would explain bt's fibre structure thing but cba. will type up if you want thoooooooooo

Anything is better then what I currently have. I have DSL and if I'm lucky its 12 down. My roommate seems to think this is sufficient enough for a house hold of electronics.

I can't complain too much because I'm not paying for it but when it takes a day and a half to download Witcher III...well now I'm going to complain.

4 minutes ago, BaronVonJace said:

Anything is better then what I currently have. I have DSL and if I'm lucky its 12 down. My roommate seems to think this is sufficient enough for a house hold of electronics.

I can't complain too much because I'm not paying for it but when it takes a day and a half to download Witcher III...well now I'm going to complain.

i have dsl but i live in the countryside so theres no amplifying green street cabinet. i also live about ~3 and a half miles away from the exchange (as the crow flies). gta iv took me 26 hours to download

5769435062.png

bregsit

Spoiler

Best place to live, probably United States San Francisco. Or Singapore. 

I've been to Singapore before... But US??? nah.... I said san francisco cos it looks cool on google photo/map......  Or California...... 

Best place to have a vacation??? I don't know. Currently not in a mood of vacation..

Or maybe went to TaiWan FoGuangShan. They had several huge buddhist tample there. A lot of monks are living there. It is perfect if you are into buddhism and stuff.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

35 minutes ago, imPixelTV said:

i have dsl but i live in the countryside so theres no amplifying green street cabinet. i also live about ~3 and a half miles away from the exchange (as the crow flies). gta iv took me 26 hours to download

5769435062.png

Those are some scary numbers. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

might want to hide your ip lmao

my ping is usually around 20 but upload is about 0.35 on a good day. if the internet gods are answering my prayers itll usually be 1.7down/0.4up with 20 ping. if it rains i get about 0.5 down

bregsit

Spoiler

I've always wanted to move to the North West where it's wet and cold. I've lived in Texas all my life, and I'm getting sick of it being in the 80s in the Fall. :P 

1 minute ago, imPixelTV said:

might want to hide your ip lmao

my ping is usually around 20 but upload is about 0.35 on a good day. if the internet gods are answering my prayers itll usually be 1.7down/0.4up with 20 ping. if it rains i get about 0.5 down

well if you could delete that, it would be great XP

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Just now, DutchTexan said:

well if you could delete that, it would be great XP

editing, might want to delete our post/upload an image w/o your ip

bregsit

Spoiler

1 minute ago, imPixelTV said:

editing, might want to delete our post/upload an image w/o your ip

all is well. I changed my ip anyway 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Just now, DutchTexan said:

all is well. I changed my ip anyway 

good old dynamic ips

bregsit

Spoiler

Quebec is the last place you want to live in. Its a not even French, its slang french. But you would fit right in if you spoke a bit of it. I tell everyone French is not a language worth learning, and they do teach it in grade school. Its only worth it if you wish to work in the Federal Government, even then its no longer a requirement because no one speaks it.

Canada pays more for everything.

I would love to live in Spain. So close to everything worth being close to, history at your doorstep.

21 hours ago, Ithanul said:

One thing you forgot, our hurricane season and the Summers that can murder you.  :P

But yeah, our rivers are fun to float and canoe down.  Plus, one of the few States that you can bottle fish in.  :D

For vacation, it would be traveling and visiting different places since I like to see new sights.

Where to live, I probably prefer a place with a good chunk of property to hunt on, a pond to fish, and a nice garage to build stuff in.  Plus, be as noisy as I want and enjoy the night sky.  But I'm pretty flexible if I have to be, have no problems being near cities or country side.

Yeah, I was station out in California for six years.  Pretty State, but no way in hell would I live there permanently.  You think that a steal, should look up property prices here in Alabama especially Houston county.  It is consider the lowest cost of living in the whole country.

I was living in Kendal when Andrew showed her hiney...

Fun Times.