What Soundcard?

Mihle

LINK TO BETTER SPEAKERS THEN!

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

LINK TO BETTER SPEAKERS THEN!

Not with that attitude mister.

I already said to check eBay, and that the Corsairs are probably fine for the money in your area. We're simply advising you that a soundcard will likely be a bit of a waste of money.

And why do almost all I have seen compare Xonar Essence STX to fiio e10 say Xonar Essence STX is better when you say it is not?

And I don't know what to look for to see if a speaker are better than another...

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

And why do almost all I have seen compare Xonar Essence STX to fiio e10 say Xonar Essence STX is better when you say it is not?

Because they don't know what they are talking about or are just repeating the marketing they're fed? I'd stick with your on board audio as opposed to a soundcard or that fiio, but there's also cheap DACs like Behringer's UCA202.

And I don't know what to look for to see if a speaker are better than another...

t0wer beat me to a recommendation, but I'll peruse eBay when I get to an actual computer. Here's some studio monitors that look nice: http://m.ebay.com/itm/331051569962?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

because people are idiots? alot of people think beats by dre are the best in terms of sound quality. but they are definitly not

I'm sorry and maybe its just me but I find it odd that you guys are saying onboard audio is good enough. For someone buying a $100+ pair of headphones or a 250+ pair of speakers it just seem strange to me to let something that cost the manufacturer probably 5 bucks to make handle that.

Can you link me to something that backs up your claim as I and just not really feeling it.

Not saying you are wrong, I just legit don't know any better.

the difference is very minimal if, like I said earlier, you aren't getting pops, clicks or hiss on onboard.

I own onboard, 2 usb dacs, and a standalone optical/coax dac(with the speakers all you'll be using is the dac anyway, the amp is built in)

The difference between the 4 is very minimal.

noise floor has been the biggest difference, and it's only noticeable when my amp is almost maxed out.(almost 4-6x regular listening volume)

as for the g35's, they are usb.

they won't use the sound card.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'm sorry and maybe its just me but I find it odd that you guys are saying onboard audio is good enough. For someone buying a $100+ pair of headphones or a 250+ pair of speakers it just seem strange to me to let something that cost the manufacturer probably 5 bucks to make handle that. Can you link me to something that backs up your claim as I and just not really feeling it. Not saying you are wrong, I just legit don't know any better.

To add to what t0wer has said, I have before compared the freq. response of headphones when used on devices with different output impedance's.  The results are simply chalk and cheese.  Some devices have an output impedance so high that the bass response on low impedance headphones is non existent.   Check this list to see just how much output impedance can vary between audio devices: http://monoadc.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-99.html

And here is a very good write up of how and why it all works with pretty graphs :)http://nwavguy.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/headphone-amp-impedance.html

Most people also suffer what we call the placebo effect. Where because they know they have plugged their headphones into a supposedly better soundcard, They believe they hear a better sound. 

In medical trials it has been observed that the placebo effect can actually be as large as 25%.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

Also there are other well documented phenomenon with regard to sensory processing, this video by Ethan Winer has some really good excerpts about it from professionals in their respective fields.

But for the most part, after people have spent 100's to 1000's of $$$$ on their audio equipment they don't like to be told most of it is no better than $50 DAC's and $150 amps.  So they start making up BS to hide that fact and justify their expenditure.  There is also a sort of "Audiophile" cult that likes to be exclusive, but they can only do that if they can control what is good and what isn't.  That is why you get idiots claiming double blind tests (the scientific gold standard) are flawed and other idiots saying there is a minimum $$$ amount you must spend to get good sound.

Long story short, if you can't hear a difference, then there is no point in spending more money because someone else wants you to think that they can.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm sorry and maybe its just me but I find it odd that you guys are saying onboard audio is good enough. For someone buying a $100+ pair of headphones or a 250+ pair of speakers it just seem strange to me to let something that cost the manufacturer probably 5 bucks to make handle that. Can you link me to something that backs up your claim as I and just not really feeling it.Not saying you are wrong, I just legit don't know any better.

That's not how audio works. The o2/Odac is a benchmark amp and dac combo, and the chips that drive them cost 65 cents. Your onboard is fine for what you're look at, trust me. Feel free to waste your money though, good luck!

the swan M200MkIII is to big....

and I cant buy  any of them in Norway, and I are not alowed to buy things that I cant buy form Norwegian shops by my parents...

but I can buy  swan M100 MKII, but it is not in stock, so it will take time.... are M100 MK II good?

-Stephen Hawking

anyone? kan aswer that qestion over /\?

-Stephen Hawking

I'm not going to lie, most of that video went over my head and I just stopped watching after 20 minutes in or so.

I guess I just don't have enough knowledge on how things like sound cards work or the audio pipeline in general. I.. I .. I just don't like the idea of grabbing say a Beyerdynamic COPs and letting an onboard audio solution handle everything.

second time, can someone aswer this qestion:

are M100 MK II good?

-Stephen Hawking

I'm not going to lie, most of that video went over my head and I just stopped watching after 20 minutes in or so.

I guess I just don't have enough knowledge on how things like sound cards work or the audio pipeline in general. I.. I .. I just don't like the idea of grabbing say a Beyerdynamic COPs and letting an onboard audio solution handle everything.

That's fine, but you should know that onboard audio is designed to the same standards and uses the same high spec devices as soundcards. the only thing can let them down is their physical proximity to other components like sata controllers, pcie lanes etc. Which can sometimes cause interference.

EDIT: the basic jist of the video is that hearing is easily conned by the brain, what you want to hear will effect how you hear. If you think it should sound better then your brain will trick your ears into hearing something that is better.  And that is a well established scientific fact.

second time, can someone aswer this qestion:

are M100 MK II good?

Woah, sounds a little rude their dude.  We are not a paid 24/7 help line. We try to help as often as we can but most of us have to sleep, work, look after family and even though its extremely rare for computer geeks some of us even have social engagements.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I did see that people that had been in this tread have posted on other tread after I wrote my question, that's why I asked again.

-Stephen Hawking