What Soundcard?

Mihle

it is because the speekers have bult in or are they dont need because they arent very good? if they dont are so good, I want someone to tell me whats good...

Its not that they aren't good, its the fact that they are not good enough, and you aren't looking to spend over 1000 euros at you?

Its not that they aren't good, its the fact that they are not good enough, and you aren't looking to spend over 1000 euros at you?

why are headphones around 150-200 Euro good enough, but speakers around 150-200 Euros are not?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

why are headphones around 150-200 Euro good enough, but speakers around 150-200 Euros are not?

2 small GOOD speakers are cheaper to make then multiple big speakers.

If you get really expensive speakers, you shouldn't be hooking them up to something as low-end as a soundcard anyways.

costs to much...

and shear me, no I am not getting speakers as cost over 250 Euro....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

also speakers are an artform to setup properly 

I'm sure the others can link pages where people take room measurements and sine waves and mind bending maths to find precise placement points for certain speakers. headphones are simple you put them on your head and its almost universal to all people no matter what kind (well mostly) environment you are in. 

I dont care about that aphexx... That's not important. I only want speakers for under 300 Euros and a amp/soundcard if I need.

-Stephen Hawking

I dont care about that aphexx... That's not important. I only want speakers for under 300 Euros and a amp/soundcard if I need.

perhaps I should have linked the top quote to my post. I tried to answer the question about headphone vs speakers. but whatever I'll go piss off and stop wasting my time here

costs to much...

and shear me, no I am not getting speakers as cost over 250 Euro....

Don't need a soundcard of any type for speakers

Screw this tread, I have gotten more correct help in 4 PMs than I have in 30 posts here... Never going to want help from two of the people here, so I am probably never going to use the audio forums here anymore...

-Stephen Hawking

I think what we're trying to say is, you don't need the sound card. Spend all your budget on speakers.

Have you checked out eBay? Used studio monitors can usually be gotten for a great price. I'd recommend the Corsairs for a lack of something better/easier/cheaper if there's nothing good on eBay.

Screw this tread, I have gotten more correct help in 4 PMs than I have in 30 posts here... Never going to want help from two of the people here, so I am probably never going to use the audio forums here anymore...

Well, geez.

:(

@ShearMe and @t0wer have always been good on the forum 

if anything just listen to these 2 guys. they havent failed anyone yet. perfect records from what ive seen. they know what they are talking about

if anything just listen to these 2 guys. they havent failed anyone yet. perfect records from what ive seen. they know what they are talking about

shucks-34359205493.jpeg

I am not talking about t0wer, and they are to comblicated for me, I dont want perfect sound, I want good sound.

-Stephen Hawking

also speakers are an artform to setup properly 

I'm sure the others can link pages where people take room measurements and sine waves and mind bending maths to find precise placement points for certain speakers. headphones are simple you put them on your head and its almost universal to all people no matter what kind (well mostly) environment you are in. 

My room has a resonant freq. of 116Hz, I have a 1/4 wave dense wool bass trap that covers the entire rear wall and a 4" bass trap in the along the ceiling corner, All me speakers are calibrated and spaced for best performance :D

I am not talking about t0wer, and they are to comblicated for me, I dont want perfect sound, I want good sound.

It is sound, the advice you are asking for cannot be made much simpler. 

Use your motherboards onboard audio and spend as much of your budget as you can on either speakers or headphones. That's it, that's the best sound you will get, that is what these guy's are trying to say.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

with the cheaper products like the fiio e10 or ibasso d-zero out, I really don't see any point in sound cards anymore.

and using things like g35's or sp2500's, I don't feel anything more than onboard is necessary, unless you are getting hiss, pops, etc.

you'd be better off spending the sound card money on better speakers or headphones.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

with the cheaper products like the fiio e10 or ibasso d-zero out, I really don't see any point in sound cards anymore.

and using things like g35's or sp2500's, I don't feel anything more than onboard is necessary, unless you are getting hiss, pops, etc.

you'd be better off spending the sound card money on better speakers or headphones.

And this ^^ of course :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

can someone delete this tread? it is not needed anymore, and I am going to buy a sound card an SP2500... I cant get better speakers because to get better, I must get bigger, and I cant get bigger...(my room is smal...)

-Stephen Hawking

I'd go with either an ASUS Xonar series or the Pheobus. And if you only have a legacy PCI..... The Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'd go with either an ASUS Xonar series or the Pheobus. And if you only have a legacy PCI..... The Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital.

I am taking Xonar Essence STX, pople did say that I shuld take it on PM ;)

-Stephen Hawking

can someone delete this tread? it is not needed anymore, and I am going to buy a sound card an SP2500... I cant get better speakers because to get better, I must get bigger, and I cant get bigger...(my room is smal...)

:rolleyes:

No one said you needed bigger speakers, who said you needed bigger speakers?   Your spending money on a soundcard you don't need and complaining about bigger speakers ????

Who ever gave you advice to get a soundcard on PM is giving really bad advice.

If you want the sp2500 because that's the size you want then fine do it, but don't waste your money on a soundcard, if your onboard has issues then get the fiio e10 it's cheaper and far superior to the essence stx.  PERIOD.