GTX 1060 (6GB) help me to buy

peewee

hi mates, which version of GTX 1060 is worth OC, TURBO... etc.. need some help about the type of versions

Well to much to go in depth here. Way to much variants. But I have 3 brands that depend on price and availabilty for you. They all 3 have good performance but because fo GPU boost and how it works the cooler used is an important part in this. Wahtever you take unless for room savings, don't go single fan editions or founders edition.

MSI Gaming variants: Good performer that is silent and cool

Asus Strix: Good performer that has one of best GPU boosts, but is a bit hotter and makes more noise in coomparison then teh MSI and EVGA variant. Still no jet orso, but if soundlvl matter to you a bit, it's worth knowing.

EVGA with ACX 3.0 coolers: My current favorite cooler for 10 series cards. Silent like the MSI and good temps and boost. But is a bit pricy sometimes and around here availability is not always great.But this would be my pick.

Out of the box clockspeeds don't matter much, because of the GPU boost going over them anyway. So the variant you choose depends more on the extra's you get besides that like phases for OCing if that is important or led for example.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

9 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Well to much to go in depth here. Way to much variants. But I have 3 brands that depend on price and availabilty for you. They all 3 have good performance but because fo GPU boost and how it works the cooler used is an important part in this. Wahtever you take unless for room savings, don't go single fan editions or founders edition.

MSI Gaming variants: Good performer that is silent and cool

Asus Strix: Good performer that has one of best GPU boosts, but is a bit hotter and makes more noise in coomparison then teh MSI and EVGA variant. Still no jet orso, but if soundlvl matter to you a bit, it's worth knowing.

EVGA with ACX 3.0 coolers: My current favorite cooler for 10 series cards. Silent like the MSI and good temps and boost. But is a bit pricy sometimes and around here availability is not always great.But this would be my pick.

Out of the box clockspeeds don't matter much, because of the GPU boost going over them anyway. So the variant you choose depends more on the extra's you get besides that like phases for OCing if that is important or led for example.

thanks for the hint ^^