Andre's Personal Z77 Rig

andrevautour

Sick build!

Love your build.

GREAT camerawork!

Great choice on the case and props for the cable managment!

Thank you so much for looking everyone and for the kind words!  I shot a couple of videos just a few minutes ago one on my keyboard and one on the 650D case so both of those should be up soon and I will post them in here :)

Great job Andre.  I am well impressed.

You really did pick quality products and assemble them perfectly.

Hey andre .. nice to meet you again .. still a nice rig.

Great job Andre.  I am well impressed.

You really did pick quality products and assemble them perfectly.

Thanks!

Hey andre .. nice to meet you again .. still a nice rig.

Hey! how are you?

How are your PSU cables the perfect length? it doesnt look like youve shortened them.

well it is running with the fan up so that makes the 8 pin shorter. the entire build process is shown here if you want to have a look at something specific (there are timestamps for each topic) 

http://youtu.be/UJOBYoqReNc

Alright guys, the original 650D video I did was one of my first videos and I was not really happy with how it turned out. Here is a new video on the 650D that I made yesterday.

You may be thinking the cables look messy in this (which is true) because I added the USB3 and front panel cables back and changed a few things a while back in a hurry and never tidied it.  I did fixed that up after the video, though. 

8705292626_7e5b731b21_h.jpg

One of the most cleanest looking builds I've seen. Even the back side of the mobo tray isn't entangled with cable spaghetti. Thumbs up :D

Love the fact you're using Noctua fans and a bonus to that is that they don't make your build look ugly as hell. Very impressed

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Thanks for the videos, it's nice to see the sort of problems reviewers might not see with the few hours they usually spend using the case.

One of the most cleanest looking builds I've seen. Even the back side of the mobo tray isn't entangled with cable spaghetti. Thumbs up :D

Love the fact you're using Noctua fans and a bonus to that is that they don't make your build look ugly as hell. Very impressed

I appreciate it! 

Thanks for the videos, it's nice to see the sort of problems reviewers might not see with the few hours they usually spend using the case.

No problem! I agree, I like seeing videos on something after someone has used it for awhile. Thanks for watching! 

Here's one showing Skyrim ultra preset/2560x1440 graphics memory usage

And the 7950 TF3 cooler 

Here is a look at the cables with the USB3.0 and front audio connected after I cleaned it up. I also removed the Noctua NH-D14 fan reducers which I thought looked messy. 

With NH-D14 reducers

8551519321_c676b40113_c.jpg

IMG_1719 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

Without reducers

8705292626_b0ef0b445b_c.jpg

IMG_1124 by Andre Vautour, on Flickr

Would you stop making me feel bad with your awesome cable management :D.

How much louder do the fans get without the fan speed reducers?

Would you stop making me feel bad with your awesome cable management :D.

How much louder do the fans get without the fan speed reducers?

I actually hooked them up to the 650D stock fan controller so I can use that to set them to low med or full (I guess that is 5V 7V and 12V like on the fractal cases) speed. I actually prefer that because when they were fixed at 800rpm I was never able to turn them  up if I wanted to.  The noctua fans aren't that bad really at 12V though, I've had them running full for hours at a time and I barely even notice after I start doing normal stuff. The loudest thing I have right now is actually that Sans Digital mobileRAID with the 40mm fan on it. 

I actually hooked them up to the 650D stock fan controller so I can use that to set them to low med or full (I guess that is 5V 7V and 12V like on the fractal cases) speed. I actually prefer that because when they were fixed at 800rpm I was never able to turn them up if I wanted to. The noctua fans aren't that bad really at 12V though, I've had them running full for hours at a time and I barely even notice after I start doing normal stuff. The loudest thing I have right now is actually that Sans Digital mobileRAID with the 40mm fan on it.

Cool, that's why noctua fans are so awesome :). Do you think it would be possible to replace it with a Noctua 40mm fan, if you can get your hands on one (NF-A4x10 FLX) ?

I'm alright .. kind of stuck in my exams. My casemod is stil not finished ... I'm glad I have some months after I finished my school.

Great build! Looks really sweet. :)

I'm alright .. kind of stuck in my exams. My casemod is stil not finished ... I'm glad I have some months after I finished my school.

Good luck!

Great build! Looks really sweet. :)

Thank you!

Here's a couple more videos.

How to  disable the Z77 MPower CPU Phase LEDs

That is the best cable management ever!! I'd leave the side panel off the whole time if it was my rig

• 2 weeks later...

I love how minimalistic this whole build looks and that you're a Noctua fan! 

I will definitely replicated your cable management as soon as I have my Define R4! 

Do you use a fan controller or do did you plugged your fans into the MoBo headers with the (U.)L.N.A.?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Looks really nice and there are tones of the space for air flow, it will works  efficient.

Very clean build,the cablemanagment looked really sharp.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Nice clean build :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog