Apple "Hello again" Live Stream

79wjd
18 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

I'd rather it increased to 15 hours. Mbps were manageable size anyway. Now the Air is pointless. It weighs the same and still has a TN display.

I personally agree, although a lot of people were buying the Air/Macbook because they wanted thinner and lighter. Apple is just giving people what they want -- there were a ton of people who wanted the Air to have a retina display (which is basically what the new 13" is). IMO they Air is only there to offer a cheap option, but it will be completely phased out eventually (replaced by the 12" Macbook/13" MBP).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Anyone noticed both Apple's MacBook Pro and Microsoft Surface Studio Ad, did the same thing. Both of them show color powder explosions, internal layers of the screen, internal hardware, and their main selling feature. Surface Dial from Microsoft and Touch Bar from Apple.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 hours ago, ZetZet said:

Battery decreased from 74.9 whr for 13 inch to 49.4 whr.

ah yes this is important. I've been wanting an Air with a Retina screen for the longest time and while the new MBP 13" no touchbar is indeed smaller with a retina screen... it has the Pro battery life of 10hrs. I think the MBA's 13" quoted time was 12 hrs and I regularly got 13hrs from web browsing.

39 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Anyone noticed both Apple's MacBook Pro and Microsoft Surface Studio Ad, did the same thing. Both of them show color powder explosions, internal layers of the screen, internal hardware, and their main selling feature. Surface Dial from Microsoft and Touch Bar from Apple.

Well Microsoft started with the internals view before Apple, if I am not mistaken.. but it isn't Microsoft idea...

I don't know who was first.. but I recall my old laptop from 2008 (the music in the video was crap then if you wonder.. sooo 90's... reminds me of Windows 95/98 or something):

Apple commercial.. I don't know... maybe it is just me... but I feel like I am watching a fancy car extended commercial showing me fancy car features. I find it boring.

The Surface Studio commercial... well each product Surface commercial gets better and better, but the Studio gave me chills... It was different, unexpected, the camera smooth movement showcase the smooth movement of the hinge system of the device. The ad shows energy and life. I don't know how Microsoft marketing team can up things up further in future ads.

But yes, I find it funny that both coincidentally has exploding chalks. I guess it is current trend. Then again I recall seeing many commercials for TV with paint being tossed in slow motion.

47 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well Microsoft started with the internals view before Apple, if I am not mistaken.. but it isn't Microsoft idea...

I don't know who was first.. but I recall my old laptop from 2008 (the music in the video was crap then if you wonder.. sooo 90's... reminds me of Windows 95/98 or something):

Apple commercial.. I don't know... maybe it is just me... but I feel like I am watching a fancy car extended commercial showing me fancy car features. I find it boring.

The Surface Studio commercial... well each product Surface commercial gets better and better, but the Studio gave me chills... It was different, unexpected, the camera smooth movement showcase the smooth movement of the hinge system of the device. The ad shows energy and life. I don't know how Microsoft marketing team can up things up further in future ads.

But yes, I find it funny that both coincidentally has exploding chalks. I guess it is current trend. Then again I recall seeing many commercials for TV with paint being tossed in slow motion.

That Apple video isn't their commercial, these are their commercials 

Even the reveal is closer to a commercial 

But that video is just a description of the new laptop, it's not a commercial (plus, who has 3.5 min commercials? o.O )

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

27 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

But that video is just a description of the new laptop, it's not a commercial (plus, who has 3.5 min commercials? o.O )

Meh... it is all commercials to me.

I'm sorry Apple, but please go shove it. (assuming this is actually true)

No 32GB option because.........Battery life

To put more than 16GB of fast RAM into a notebook design at this time would require a memory system that consumes much more power and wouldn’t be efficient enough for a notebook. I hope you check out this new generation MacBook Pro, it really is an incredible system.

Apparently the email was confirmed by 9to5 to have come from Phil Schiller and was responding to a customer email....which honestly seems a bit fishy, but...

https://9to5mac.com/2016/10/28/apple-macbook-pro-16gb-ram-limitation-battery-efficiency/

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.