Apple "Hello again" Live Stream

79wjd
1 minute ago, Arri said:

I'm still waiting for MBA Retina but I'm feeling its not going to happen.

Yeah an updated Air Retina would also be good, I don't need anything more if I think about it.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

1 minute ago, TheReal1980 said:

Yeah an updated Air Retina would also be good, I don't need anything more if I think about it.

I spoke too soon. The new 13" MBP is probably going to be my go to. Thinner, same weight, and has retina screen. and is smaller in dimensions... my last question is if it'll have the same battery life as a MBA 13".

3 minutes ago, Arri said:

I spoke too soon. The new 13" MBP is probably going to be my go to. Thinner, same weight, and has retina screen. and is smaller in dimensions... my last question is if it'll have the same battery life as a MBA 13".

Wow I just saw it LOL! Yeah maybe it would be enough. Either I´ll go Air or all out on a Pro 15".

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

Quad TB3 is impressive, but not actually that nice. At least 1 USB A would have been good

I'm ordering the 15"inch.

Going to wait for reviews first

Those prices man. No sub-$1000 notebook, no replacement for the Air (you know, something with connectivity), no new desktops, nothing.

I might even go with Windows for my next machine if this retarded trend continues.

Ye ole' train

Basically the only interesting product left at Apple for me is the iPad mini.

Oh well, it was a long run (10 years), i'll give them that.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, NinerL said:

I'm ordering the 15"inch.

Going to wait for reviews first

My only real point of concern is the butterfly gen 2 keyboard. Hopefully it will be significantly better than gen 1 (and at least as good as the old keyboard). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm actually pretty excited for new MPBs. The Touch bar was indeed actually impressive. Might go for a 13" MPB afterall

Wait that's it? no updates to the MB air or Mac Pro. that sucks.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

the 15" macbook pro is genuinely on my radar as my next machine, just want to see some benchmarks on the new AMD GPU

Just now, The Benjamins said:

The air is gone, the new 13" without the touch bar replaces the air, its smaller, same weight but more powerful etc

no point making the air when they have teh 12" macbook and the new thin 13" pro

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not sure if I need the horsepower of the 15" so I think I might opt for the 13" with touch bar. 

I think the idea is that normal macbook is for people who want a smaller laptop, and then the macbook pro 13 inch would be the "retina" macbook air. The specs of the 13 inch air and pro were already converging anyway.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

This has to be the worst Apple event ever. 90 minutes for a new TV app and a single new product? They even spent half the MBP presentation talking only about that OLED bar. They won't kill the MacBook Air for some reason, but release a "cheaper" 13" Pro to replace it. The only nice thing is that space grey colour. Microsoft's keynote was WAY more interesting and showed more than a frigging bar (the DJ was cool at least).

The 15" can drive two 5k displays. Does anyone know the name of the LG displays? They said they worked on them with LG.

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

the 15" macbook pro is genuinely on my radar as my next machine, just want to see some benchmarks on the new AMD GPU

The air is gone, the new 13" without the touch bar replaces the air, its smaller, same weight but more powerful etc

One difference.

The Air has connectivity. The Pro doesn't.

Ye ole' train

I also don't know how I feel about not having an iGPU only 15" model. I don't want a dGPU and the extra power draw, but since the 15" starts at $2400, I'm assuming they got rid of that option. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, lots of unexplainable lag said:

One difference.

the pro has MORE connectivity 

4 Thunderbolt/USB C meaning each port can do MANY things

the air was very limited on connectivity 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok that make sense, but what about the Mac Pro. and correct apple still has yet to have touch screens right.

I was not fully paying attention to the stream I am at work.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

One difference.

USB-A is dead. Accept it and move on to type c. 

Lack of an SD slot is a bit annoying though (although I rarely use mine).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

a couple things about these news MBP's

#DongleLife, like not even a sd card slot, they just made photographers and video editors go out and buy a sd card reader, gg wp apple.

13 inch is still a dual core, and still not dedicated graphics on that one

same res display? they said retina but they never mentioned actual resolution, the 15 inch should have got a 4k one at least as an upgrade option

beside the touch bar they are almost the same thing with up to date specs, tbh i was expecting more out of those new macs

also they didn't update the freaking mac pro, are they seriously still going to sell an ivy bridge computer for a shit load of money 2016, fucking kek.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Ok that make sense, but what about the Mac Pro. and correct apple still has yet to have touch screens right.

I was not fully paying attention to the stream I am at work.

No Mac Pro updates, maybe it will be quiet, the mac pros are only like 5% of mac purcases, no new imacs either- maybe next year! or maybe they will get CPU and GPU updates and no new chassis

No touch screen, but I dont like touch screen as it forces interfaces to be touch friendly, making them DUMB  or too fiddly

the new touch bar puts touch friendly options on the keyboard

lmao they didn't even bother to kill off the Air-Line even though they were boasting about how much better the new MBPs are in comparison. Also, I get that your new "Touch Bar" (Tremendous naming btw) is your fancy new gimmick but could you seriously *not* show 3 forever-lasting on stage demos of how 'meh' it looks. I was kinda hyped for this announcement, hoped for something to fire back at Microsoft or at least NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR TV BOX FOR AN HOUR .Sorry Apple, but Microsoft definitely won this one...

?  Give Me A Break Stop Now  ?

the pro has MORE connectivity 

4 Thunderbolt/USB C meaning each port can do MANY things

the air was very limited on connectivity 

But you need a SHIT TONNE of adapters. 

Edit to make things clear: The Air (and the new 13" 2-port Pro) should be portable (easy to carry, no wires). It would be way easier to use an Air than a Pro with adapters sticking out of it.