Apple "Hello again" Live Stream

79wjd

Hmm, I wonder if they should've made the touchbar slightly taller to fit more stuff.

That being said, that trackpad is really big. I wonder what's to gain by having it that large (The previous MacBook touchpad size looked good to me).

I also wonder how fragile that touch strip is (Not that anyone should manage to break it) and how hard it is to fix if it did break somehow.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I kind of agree, I don't necessarily see myself using it much, but I'd rather the OLED bar than the traditional function row.

Yea same. I WOULD like to be able to just scan my finger and checkout on a website though, but not enough to switch operating systems.Yet. But again, something Windows won't really be able to do.

Display:

67% brighter, 67% higher contrast, 25% more colors. P3

15":

• Skylake i7's, 2133mhz DDR4
  • Polaris GPU (4gb VRAM)
  • Up to 3.1GB/s SSD, 2tb SSD
  • "Advanced cooling architecture" 
  • New speaker design

13":

• gv

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, NinerL said:

Rip lit up Apple logo.

I just noticed that. RIP GLOWING LOGOS

looks like the cooling setup of the microsoft surface pro 2. So innovative :P

I see the touch bar thing distracting. And it is shame that they removed the F# keys to put this. They could have added it over it. I think it would be good for professionals, but now it is silly.  It would be OK if they were physical keys. Try hitting F10 to skip to the next line of code when debugging, you can't rest your finger on the screen...

magsafe usb-c charger please

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

How the does the AMD Polaris mGPU compare to the 1080m? 

1 minute ago, NinerL said:

How the does the Polaris mGPU compare to the 1080m? 

not even close

Assuming it's a full 460, then it's like a fifth of a 1080?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Apple has done it again! Another product line that i won't have to buy! Good Job. :(

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

13 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

That touch bar is annoyingly something that will never really be seen on Windows PCs (at least in a way that's decent).

This is where Apple's closed ecosystems pay off since they can build this contextual stuff right into the operating system and optimized per device - and no doubt it will be easy to implement for developers.

It was attempted before on Windows. Behold, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2nd gen.

keyboard.png

It failed. Miserably. Lenovo has never attempted this again because of how poorly it worked in the real world.

Hmm, since they're showing going through footage with the touchbar, I wonder if it's better than using the arrow keys or a mouse.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

keyboard.png

It failed. Miserably. Lenovo has never attempted this again because of how poorly it worked in the real world.

The difference is that Apple has more power/control to push it successfully.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

microsoft livestream, now apple livestream.. technology is on a roll eh?

edit: wow double post 

3 minutes ago, Daring said:

Yea, I used one of those, was the basis for my point. It will never work on Windows properly because device fragmentation and different hardware interpretations will make it impossible to develop for and provide a consistent experience across devices.

Apple's will work a lot better, especially by second or third gen because they have complete control over hardware and software and will make it really easy to implement by third parties.

So there's no MagSafe, no SD card reader and it's thinner yet again, for whatever reason.

So there goes your photographer audience. Those Polaris graphics, who knows what those may be. At least the SSD is a beast.

Ye ole' train

Lol this presenter is super cutesy and quirky but its working for her and the presentation. 

DJ demo is kind of cringy but it shows the responsiveness of the touch bar. Was worried about that.

6 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

So there's no MagSafe, no SD card reader and it's thinner yet again, for whatever reason.

So there goes your photographer audience. Those Polaris graphics, who knows what those may be. At least the SSD is a beast.

I don't think it will cost any photography customers, has contextual controls that *seem* to work well and it has a HDR, color accurate screen. 

SD card readers are a moot point - most photographers use external readers anyway since they're offloading SD Card, Micro SD Cards and CF Cards among other media types AND the readers tend to be USB 2.0, so it's almost always quicker to use an adapter.. Plugging the camera directly into the computer will/is also be a popular option, and there are a good amount of cameras that support offload by thunderbolt now. Most photographers and videographers I know use desktops and offload using external readers.

Not sure what magsafe is and it's 4AM here and I'm not going to watch some wannabe DJ play on a laptop, so I'm going to go to bed instead of researching that.

3 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

I don't think it will cost any photography customers, has contextual controls that *seem* to work well and it has a HDR, color accurate screen. 

SD card readers are a moot point - most photographers use external readers anyway since they're offloading SD Card, Micro SD Cards and CF Cards among other media types AND the readers tend to be USB 2.0, so it's almost always quicker to use an adapter.. Plugging the camera directly into the computer will/is also be a popular option, and there are a good amount of cameras that support offload by thunderbolt now. Most photographers and videographers I know use desktops and offload using external readers.

Not sure what magsafe is and it's 4AM here and I'm not going to watch some wannabe DJ play on a laptop, so I'm going to go to bed instead of researching that.

Magsafe is magnetic charging port.

There are third party magsafe usb C chargers if apples isn't (Griffin breaksafe)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Got DAMN that music was good!

SSD is BEAST also.

Too bad the lack of card reader and "normal" usb jacks.

I have an Macbook Air now so I´ll be getting a Macbook Pro 15, easy.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

Just now, TheReal1980 said:

Got DAMN that music was good!

SSD is BEAST also.

Too bad the lack of card reader and "normal" usb jacks.

I have an Macbook Air now so I´ll be getting a Macbook Pro 15, easy.

I'm still waiting for MBA Retina but I'm feeling its not going to happen.