Spark from psu!!!!!

David-McLean

Guys somethings happend:

Problem started last night when I tried to turn on my pc and nothing happened but the mb lights were still on. I switched it of at the wall then back on again and it worked fine.

However today same problem happend were it wouldn't turn on (mb lights still on) turned it off at the wall back on again and as soon as I did I saw a spark from inside the PSU. 

I then switched everything off and unplugged it all, but I'm not sure what the plan if from here?

Pc specs 

Mb :MSI z170 gaming m7

Cpu: 6600k

GPU:gtx 980

Psu: corsair ax760 platinum (£130)

Do you occasionally blow out the dust?  Dust does become conductive when it accumulates, which means you can get a short circuit.

If you do and the PSU is still under warranty, RMA it.  If it's not under warranty anymore, buy another one. 

Don't take any chances, using a malfunctioning PSU is a good way to get a fire started.

Haven't cleaned out the psu since I got it 9 months ago but it has a dust filter. And it has a 7 year warranty 

If it has sparked for sure, RMA. If you are unsure, disconnect it from mobo and other devices, then jumpstart it by shorting two pins of 24pin connector. If it still works, you might be good. But personally I'd still RMA.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

As everyone else is saying, it's RMA o'clock for you, unfortunately. The next question should be: Did it take anything else down with it? Do you have another power supply you can use to test in the meantime?

21 hours ago, Runefox said:

As everyone else is saying, it's RMA o'clock for you, unfortunately. The next question should be: Did it take anything else down with it? Do you have another power supply you can use to test in the meantime?

I don't unfortunately. I think I'm just going to phone up and send for a new one cause it has a 7 year warranty