"Hello Again" Apple Event

I really hope I'm not the only person on this forum who is exited for the apple event today.

I have been looking forward to this event for a while now and was disappointed when the didn't release anything in the fall, or at the iPhone event. I have been saving for a MacBook Pro 15in for a while. I do a lot of video editing and yes, I know i could build a PC, but all the people I work with use macs so, yeah. I really hope they don't put a trash graphics card in it like last year. I hope the do something like an RX480m or what ever they call it.

Who else is excited and what do you hope to see. And hopefully we can keep the thread going long enough that we can follow with the event late to day.

BTW, don't start a flame war.

Check out my gear here --> https://kit.com/JWMFilms

Windows>Mac. 
Discuss (fight). 

I'm really excited about this too, I'd hope that they'll come up with something innovative, like they used to do back in the days. 

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Windows>Mac. 
Discuss (fight). 

I'm really excited about this too, I'd hope that they'll come up with something innovative, like they used to do back in the days. 

Yea I know I sort of feel like they are starting to shun their pro market, with the Mac Pro having only 12 cores max, two 4 year old graphics cards and them not updating it in three years.

I also with they would do an updated version of the 17in MacBook.

Give me a Molotov. Give me a macbook 12inch. Put the together

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

I'm excited because it means I"ll be able to find some more used macbook gear for the wife in the near future. Her 2010/2011 era macbook is well past it's prime. She doesn't exactly take care of her stuff, it's really sad. 

Honestly couldn't care less.

Instead of innovating at all, apple has just been pushing gimmicks for sales, all the while losing little by little what made them a powerhouse and what gave people a reason to buy into their ecosystem. The only thing driving their sales now is the cherished memory of what the company used to be, and those too invested into their closed ecosystem to be able to pull out.

Which is sad. Microsoft needs a competitor, but they don't have one in apple anymore.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

21 minutes ago, Miller1218 said:

Yea I know I sort of feel like they are starting to shun their pro market, with the Mac Pro having only 12 cores max, two 4 year old graphics cards and them not updating it in three years.

I've heard a lot of complains/rant about apple's decision to "some what neglect" the professionals in video/photo even movie industries.

Here's one example: 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

33 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Windows>Mac. 
Discuss (fight). 

I would give this a read... :P Tbh, I'm really excited for the new gen of Macs, the Studio MS released was pretty impressive though. They're almost one in the same now

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/what-i-have-learned-from-using-macs/108634

It's like food for the soul, but it's a drink for the body.

1 minute ago, Schyken said:

I would give this a read... :P Tbh, I'm really excited for the new gen of Macs, the Studio MS released was pretty impressive though. They're almost one in the same now

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/what-i-have-learned-from-using-macs/108634

I use a mac on a daily basis because It's my note-taking instrument at the university ^^

"hello again , my name is [apple ceo] and id love to have brought you some airpods to show off , but i lost em all on the way here , so we put em on hold for forever"

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Miller1218 said:

I really hope I'm not the only person on this forum who is exited for the apple event today.

I have been looking forward to this event for a while now and was disappointed when the didn't release anything in the fall, or at the iPhone event. I have been saving for a MacBook Pro 15in for a while. I do a lot of video editing and yes, I know i could build a PC, but all the people I work with use macs so, yeah. I really hope they don't put a trash graphics card in it like last year. I hope the do something like an RX480m or what ever they call it.

Who else is excited and what do you hope to see. And hopefully we can keep the thread going long enough that we can follow with the event late to day.

BTW, don't start a flame war.

I have really been looking forward to it to.

The thing I really hope for apple is that they make a come back in the graphics department.

I know they arent going to have 10 series cards or anything.

However, I do hope that they have dGPUs in more than just their $2,500 15in Macs like the 13in pros and the lower tear 15inches mainly because those GPUs were less powerfiul than a 960m!

They are never going to be known as a good computer for games if they always have bad GPUs. 

Just now, CapedCrusader21 said:

I have really been looking forward to it to.

The thing I really hope for apple is that they make a come back in the graphics department.

I know they arent going to have 10 series cards or anything.

However, I do hope that they have dGPUs in more than just their $2,500 15in Macs like the 13in pros and the lower tear 15inches mainly because those GPUs were less powerfiul than a 960m!

They are never going to be known as a good computer for games if they always have bad GPUs. 

yea i know, I think they are going to go Polaris with the gpu

I think that's why they waited so long.

well, im late to the party, have they dropped the 'courage' yet?

main/gaming system: intel core i7 5930K, 16GB Gskill ddr4, asus X99 deluxe, 2 titan X's in SLI, corsair AX860 PSU, noctua NH-d15, samsung 512 PRO SSD, 2+3 seagate HDD's, blu-ray ODD, corsair graphite 780t.   game capture system: AMD FX 8350 BE, 16GB ram (left over parts from torn down system), asus ROG crosshair V formula-z, GTX 770 SC, avermedia live gamer HG capture card, elgato HD60 s external usb3 capture device, OCZ 700w, cryorig M9a, kingston 250GB SSD(left over part from torn down system), seagate 1TB internat HDD, seagate backup plus 5TB USB 3 extrenal drive, corsair carbide 200R.    

MacBook Pro looks not bad. Do you like the Touch-Bar?

MacBook-pro-9.jpg

MacBook-pro-10.jpg

MacBook-pro-10.jpg

MacBook-pro-4.jpg

MacBook-pro-6.jpg

So, like what Atmos said, Apple is now trying to sell laptops based on a gimmick, which is now the touch bar and touch id.

The new GPUs in the 15" models are practically a joke, since they are slower than the ones you'd find in a PS4, and all for the sake of thinness and power consumption. Who in their right mind would use a machine to edit video running on the battery alone?

But what I disliked the most about this is the lack of a quad core option in the 13" MacBook. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

6 hours ago, ElZamo92 said:

So, like what Atmos said, Apple is now trying to sell laptops based on a gimmick, which is now the touch bar and touch id.

The new GPUs in the 15" models are practically a joke, since they are slower than the ones you'd find in a PS4, and all for the sake of thinness and power consumption. Who in their right mind would use a machine to edit video running on the battery alone?

But what I disliked the most about this is the lack of a quad core option in the 13" MacBook. 

The GPU in the MacBook is not the RX 450, its the pro 450 which hasn't been used on a computer yet. But, the specs still are not that impressive.

The touch bar is actually going to be super helpful for video editing, at their event, they mentioned it works with Final Cut, Davinci Resolve, and they talked about Photoshop so I would assume that they would have support for Premiere Pro and After Effects as well.

On 10/27/2016 at 9:32 AM, Miller1218 said:

So it looks like all you have is bad things to say about Apple and that the only reason you're getting one is because your co workers have them. Cool...

Can you please explain to me why Apple deserves your hard earned money?

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

5 hours ago, ZimFreak said:

So it looks like all you have is bad things to say about Apple and that the only reason you're getting one is because your co workers have them. Cool...

Can you please explain to me why Apple deserves your hard earned money?

Still has a quad core with 16gb of ram. a stupid fast ssd.

And I don't care what you think, but its the most stable operating system out.