Vessel acquired and shut down by Verizon

ExplodingTNT
29 minutes ago, stuntguy3000 said:

But why would Verizon shut down Vessel, as far as I am aware they don't have competing products. 

They are trying to make similar play to AT&T and have a complete vertical chain of media production, so they just wanted something Vessel had such as software or something along those lines

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

vessel.PNG

They make it sound so positive, but more vertically-integrated monopolies is the opposite of what the industry needs.

5 minutes ago, trogdor0 said:

vessel.PNG

They make it sound so positive, but more vertically-integrated monopolies is the opposite of what the industry needs.

probably have to sound positive. Verizon is watching them.. 

Ehh pretty annoyed by this. But oh well.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

What a world we live in, where big companies can just make someone stop doing what they've set out to do just by throwing money at them.

If that's not tyranny, what is it?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Vessel is my only media platform for most of my daily watches... I'm not pleased. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

So am I getting a full refund for the whole year? Or just what was left?

Cause it would be sweet to have the full $20 back xD 

This really sucks for LMG, a ton of their income is from vessel.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Vessel was a great paying platform without any ads and giving back to creator.

I don't want to lose another canadian tech news media compagny.

No Youtube Red in Canada. I will have to go through ads for every video I watch from now on if I want to support Linus Media Group :(

I got on a smile wider than the man in my gif, no more 1 week delay, no more scheduling conflicts. Get shrekt vessel!

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 minute ago, Swatson said:

I got on a smile wider than the man in my gif, no more 1 week delay, no more scheduling conflicts. Get shrekt vessel!

yeah! great! let's all go back to the inferior worse other platform! so amazing!

/s

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

yeah! great! let's all go back to the inferior worse other platform! so amazing!

/s

>vessel
>better platform than youtube

I mean this is all opinions but vessel has such a worse user experience I'm not even sure how you can hold that opinion.

Edited by Swatson
derp

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

>vessel
>better platform than youtube

I mean this is all opinions but vessel has such a worse user experience I'm not even sure how you can hold that opinion.

not better, superior 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

This really sucks for LMG, a ton of their income is from vessel.

I suspect it's not that much when compared to how much they made from the first free year. There doesn't seem to be many people still using vessel.

So all in all, it worked out pretty well for LTT, Vessel paid over the odds initially to attract content creators. Then Vessel must have realised it was never going to work, because too few people actually want to pay "cash money" for this sort of content. Fortunately for them, they managed to sell off their platform to Verizon. 

16 minutes ago, Energycore said:

What a world we live in, where big companies can just make someone stop doing what they've set out to do just by throwing money at them.

If that's not tyranny, what is it?

Capitalism. Tyranny is when you can just make someone stop doing what they've set out to do just by throwing bullets at them.

>vessel
>worse platform than youtube

I haven´t used Vessel much, and probably wouldn't even know it exists if it wasn't for the WAN show. But when I did, it was indeed better. I can't find anything positive to say about Youtube other that it plays videos. Usually. I mean, what else is there to a video website other than smoothly playing the videos you choose to watch?

1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

I suspect it's not that much when compared to how much they made from the first free year. There doesn't seem to be many people still using vessel.

So all in all, it worked out pretty well for LTT, Vessel paid over the odds initially to attract content creators. Then Vessel must have realised it was never going to work, because too few people actually want to pay "cash money" for this sort of content. Fortunately for them, they managed to sell off their platform to Verizon. 

There are several thousand people still using vessel, and that makes LMG almost as much money as the hundreds of thousands that watch on youtube.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

not better, superior 

Spoiler

df112ed2ef.png

Spoiler

670a191ec2.png

i mean sure, semantics aside I still dont see any way vessel matches either of these

Fuck Verizon.  Fuck all these corporations.  The hybrid-crony market is an abomination.  

I just saw the email and the first thing I was concerned about was LTT! 

I also have YouTube Red, I dont get the YouTube ads, but there was no escaping the integrated ads other than vessel which was the main reason I had it. 

6 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Capitalism. Tyranny is when you can just make someone stop doing what they've set out to do just by throwing bullets at them.

I am fine with this as long as no one can buy me off without my consent.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I only subbed to vessel to support LMG and other content creators ....inb4 "i watch their videos, that should be enough" (TL:DR, its not, especially when you use adblock)

adsense is not as great for content creators as it use to be.

LMG should probably get a patreon going. as long as they manage it better than Tek Syndicate managed theirs.. it should be fine.

3 minutes ago, Swatson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

df112ed2ef.png

Reveal hidden contents

670a191ec2.png

i mean sure, semantics aside I still dont see any way vessel matches either of these

better comment section, better UI, better front page, better suggestions 

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

There are several thousand people still using vessel, and that makes LMG almost as much money as the hundreds of thousands that watch on youtube.

Yeah, that would be my guess too given the volume of likes / comments on Vessel. Views per video is probably somewhere in the low thousands perhaps around the 5k mark (on a good day).

Which is not insignificant, I think I just misjudged what you meant by a "ton of their income". If you look over on LTT's twitter, there is a nice reply from Nick, that says they aren't that concerned as their revenue is extremely diversified.