Dac/amp for Fidelio x1 (preferably usb)

Hi. I'm looking for an dac/amp(a two in one) for my pc to replace the onboard soundcard atm. This is cause of the low levels of volume on my pc when i'm using the fidelio's. I've been looking for the cheapest decent solution, and i found either the Asus Xonar DG, or the DGX, since they're both very cheap, and supposedly should provide me with more power, and therefore higher volume levels. If anyone has another suggestion, or knows that i'm gonna be making a huge mistake, i'd love some advice. 

Thanks.

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

your motherboard is fine unless you have noise/interference

No interference but volume is very low. At 100 windows volume its still lacking in volume a bit. 

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

9 minutes ago, rhyseyness said:

Xonar dg/dgx will suit you just fine by the sounds of it :)

I'll go for the dg then, thanks man :)

if you want a cheap USB combo then give the SMSL SD793-II a look

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

44 minutes ago, pas008 said:

are you using the rear port?

should have enough juice

this your motherboard?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty X99X Killer/?cat=Specifications

I am using the rear port yea. Replaced the Steelseries 9h's with the Fidelios, and the 9hs can play a lot louder.

17 minutes ago, かあびぃ said:

I am using the rear port yea. Replaced the Steelseries 9h's with the Fidelios, and the 9hs can play a lot louder.

were you using usb?

are you using same usb device for the fidelios?

Just now, pas008 said:

were you using usb?

are you using same usb device for the fidelios?

Not using usb no, just the rear port even with the 9h's

11 hours ago, Dackzy said:

if you want a cheap USB combo then give the SMSL SD793-II a look

That's not USB :)

11 hours ago, かあびぃ said:

I'll go for the dg then, thanks man :)

I wouldn't if I were you. I've got one, and it does not get loud at all. Hell, even my Xonar STX barely got loud enough for me with my HD650... I would recommend just getting an amp that you can plug into the rear io on your motherboard. 

That way if you want, down the line you can add a DAC or whatever.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

3 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's not USB :)

I wouldn't if I were you. I've got one, and it does not get loud at all. Hell, even my Xonar STX barely got loud enough for me with my HD650... I would recommend just getting an amp that you can plug into the rear io on your motherboard. 

That way if you want, down the line you can add a DAC or whatever.

oh yeah it is optical, my bad

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.