HP probook 440 G3 Audio problems

So I am trying to fix an HP probook 440 g3 with an audio issue, but I am pretty much stuck. The speaker themselves work, but the drivers seems to not be working at all. I try to get the latest ones from HP`s website and it says that the installation is succesfull, but it is not. The device is still not recogniced in device manager. All that shows up is "sound controller for multimedia" I would love to get some help with this issue, and thanks in advance.

Are your sound drivers called conexant ISST? (If they are I had a similar problem)

1 hour ago, MarcusLauk said:

So I am trying to fix an HP probook 440 g3 with an audio issue, but I am pretty much stuck. The speaker themselves work, but the drivers seems to not be working at all. I try to get the latest ones from HP`s website and it says that the installation is succesfull, but it is not. The device is still not recogniced in device manager. All that shows up is "sound controller for multimedia" I would love to get some help with this issue, and thanks in advance.

Sounds like it's time to format the hard drive. 

have you try completely removing the audio driver completely?

restart the PC after the uninstall

and then re-install the installer.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

20 hours ago, Horan said:

Are your sound drivers called conexant ISST? (If they are I had a similar problem)

I think they did , Ben searching a few forums and it has been something about that . Please tell me a possible solution of you can . 

2 hours ago, MarcusLauk said:

I think they did , Ben searching a few forums and it has been something about that . Please tell me a possible solution of you can . 

I only let windows reinstall the drivers (because I couldnt find them online) and after that I made sure to not shut off the computer with muted sound and that seemed to have worked)